PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Keymod Accessories

SilverCat
07-25-16, 23:04
Honestly I feel like an idiot for asking because the answer is probably obvious, but I simply can't figure this one out.

I recently installed a new KMR on a rifle of mine, and have taken great care to insure proper installation of different Keymod items because I have seen the threads of people damaging their rails by accidentally mounting in reverse. But now I am trying to add an Arisaka 45° offset scout light mount, and am instructed that the toe of Keymod nuts should point forward. Which is great, except I have no idea what nuts it is talking about. I have searched through other threads about it and have seen the orientation the nuts are supposed to be, but that doesn't help me much because I have seen no hardware with the mount that resembles Keymod nuts, just two set screws.

What am I missing?

Uprange41
07-25-16, 23:41
Going by the photos on their site of your mount, they use BCM's screws. Those are reversible, so it shouldn't matter which direction you mount them.

Unlike most KeyMod accessories that have the screw and a KeyMod nut, BCM's screws are reverse threaded and shaped to be the nut itself, so it threads directly into the piece itself. r

SilverCat
07-26-16, 01:17
Thanks, I had a suspicion that it was reversible but wouldn't just install it because the packaging itself says to install it toe forward. I'll just ignore that bit.