PDA

View Full Version : 3 Lug Mount for Sig MPX

dsteed08
07-25-16, 23:50
Hey Everyone,

Anyone know where I can get a 3-lug mount for my Sig MPX? I have suppressor paperwork in and am playing the waiting game. I want to go the QD route with my sig. Will HK parts work?

Thanks!

Striker6
07-26-16, 09:42
I am using a Griffin 3 lug mount in conjunction with my Octane 9 with great results.
I believe the Griffin was only $70 at Silencer Shop.

Sensei
07-26-16, 10:11
The MPX's tapered barrel poses a challenge when it comes to aftermarket muzzle devices because the profile causes them to index on the tapered shoulder as opposed to a 90 degree, flat shoulder. Indexing on the tapered shoulder makes the muzzle device prone to loosening - not good.

Thus, it becomes necessary to use a device that indexes on the crown. The only two that I'm aware of are the Griffin device and the one made by TROS, but the latter can be hard to find.

I went with Griffin and happened to place my order 2 days ago. I'll let you know my opinion once it arrives.

punkey71
07-26-16, 10:34
I am using a Griffin 3 lug mount in conjunction with my Octane 9 with great results.
I believe the Griffin was only $70 at Silencer Shop.

I'm looking to go this route as well except I have the Griffin Rev 9 can.

Have you noticed significant gas to face with the Octane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsteed08
07-29-16, 13:22
Great thanks for the info!

Striker6
07-29-16, 17:31
I'm looking to go this route as well except I have the Griffin Rev 9 can.

Have you noticed significant gas to face with the Octane?

Not a problem for me at all. I habe heard of people having excessive gas blown back into their faces, but I have not had an issue yet. With that said, the majority of my shooting with this setup has been done outside with the benefit of good ventilation. I have only shot it a little at an indoor facility, but I found the gas to be reasonable due to the ventilation present. I plan on giving the charging handle the RTV treatment to help mitigate any gas blow back.

punkey71
07-29-16, 19:07
Not a problem for me at all. I habe heard of people having excessive gas blown back into their faces, but I have not had an issue yet. With that said, the majority of my shooting with this setup has been done outside with the benefit of good ventilation. I have only shot it a little at an indoor facility, but I found the gas to be reasonable due to the ventilation present. I plan on giving the charging handle the RTV treatment to help mitigate any gas blow back.

Thank you. Appreciate the info. Seems half the folks have no issue and the other half say they're practically choking to death.

Seems ammo, can and environment all have an impact ranging from no issue to unbearable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sensei
08-01-16, 01:26
Thank you. Appreciate the info. Seems half the folks have no issue and the other half say they're practically choking to death.

Seems ammo, can and environment all have an impact ranging from no issue to unbearable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is 20 rounds of 147 grain HST from 2O yards standing and shouldered. 5 rounds were unsuppressed (top 5) and 15 were suppressed (lower ragged hole) with the Obsidian wearing a SilencerCo 3-lug adaptor on a Griffin 3-lug mount.

Yes, there is some GTTF and a tiny shift in POI. No, it's not horrible or choking. It's just a bit more than most of my ARs.

Striker6
08-01-16, 18:04
Some photo reference to the Griffin 3 lug and Octane 9 with Griffin internal 3 lug adapter installed.

punkey71
08-01-16, 19:18
Thank you Sensei and Striker. Appreciate the info and pics.

Sensei
08-01-16, 23:47
No problem. It is a great platform and easily my favorite pistol caliber carbine to shoot. I have a couple of MKE's and a CZ Scorpion waiting on stamps that are hard to compare since they are not allowed to wear a stock yet. However, I find it hard to imagine that either will unseat the MPX. The thing is just so damn well laid out - ambi controls, AR-like ergos, quick change barrel, rail, KeyMod, plentiful stock options, reasonable price, decent trigger with aftermarket options, etc. It is a laser in terms of accuracy, and I have had zero failures after 500 rounds unsuppressed and now 30 rounds suppressed (3-lug mount just arrived). My only complaint is the tapered barrel profile.

punkey71
08-02-16, 15:51
Looking forward to it

I will be running the Griffin Rev 9 in K config. Hopefully the K will negate/reduce GTF. I will experiment with a 45 end cap also as a possible GTF reducer.