PDA

View Full Version : John Hinckley jr. to be released from Prison

soulezoo
07-27-16, 11:13
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/27/judge-grants-john-hinckley-jr-his-freedom-decades-after-reagan-assassination-attempt.html

Just when you think the nation can't get any more f-d up you get this.

This is why I am in favor of the death penalty. Once carried out, it makes it very difficult to modify the sentence.

Ick
07-27-16, 11:25
I think he is going to be a speaker at the DNC tomorrow. He plans to talk about the need for gun control. About as appropriate as Lezley McSpadden.

Alex V
07-27-16, 11:32
Maybe he can finally get together with Jodie Foster.

chuckman
07-27-16, 11:32
The judge said "Mr. Hinckley, by all accounts, has shown no signs of psychotic symptoms, delusional thinking, or any violent tendencies." So, was he born again, completely healed, or played the system like many "not-guilty by reason of insanity" people??

Renegade
07-27-16, 11:34
Definition of Loser: Guy who shoots the President to be with a girl who unknown to him is a lesbian.

Renegade
07-27-16, 11:35
This is why I am in favor of the death penalty. Once carried out, it makes it very difficult to modify the sentence.

The death penalty does not come into play unless someone is found guilty of a crime. Once he got the NG, this was inevitable.

Irish
07-27-16, 11:45
He already spends 1/2 the year chillin' at his mom's pad prior to even being released. I think he's had something like 80 unsupervised visits.

"Quick look at that! There's a crazy guy on the loose! Now, they won't be paying attention that we're over $19 TRILLION ****ING DOLLARS IN DEBT!!!"

Renegade
07-27-16, 11:49
He already spends 1/2 the year chillin' at his mom's pad prior to even being released. I think he's had something like 80 unsupervised visits.

Yep, he has been free on furloughs many times.

Irish
07-27-16, 11:51
Yep, he has been free on furloughs many times.

A little more info.

Hinckley, 61, was committed to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Washington, D.C. Over the past 12 years, his doctors and the courts have been gradually loosening his restrictions, over objections from the Justice Department, allowing him to go to Williamsburg, Va., for unsupervised visits with his family more than 80 times...

He's already been spending 17 days per month at his mother's home since federal judge Paul Friedman granted him partial leave from the hospital in 2013.

Renegade
07-27-16, 12:04
A little more info.

I have home in Williamsburg. I have shopped at the grocery store (Harris Teeter) near where they live (Kingsmill) but never saw any of them.

Oddly I have family members who went to HS with him.

26 Inf
07-27-16, 13:04
So, for the last 20 years the docs have said he was cured, for the last 12 years they have allowed him to be released on furlough.

He has been 'in' since 1981, 36 years. Apparently he was in for 24 years prior to release on the furloughs.

Even though they said Brady's death, 33 years after the incident, at 74 years of age, was a homicide, they wouldn't have retried Hinckley for homicide if he had been criminally convicted.

He didn't kill the Gipper, or anyone. Take a cue from President Reagan, who forgave the guy, and let him go in peace. He'll have regular checks by the secret service until he dies.

Firefly
07-27-16, 14:40
Nay. He affronted Ronald Reagan (Upon Whom Be Peace!).

Both hands should be dismembered and he should be scalped.

Not sarcasm.

SteyrAUG
07-27-16, 15:24
Has anyone told him Hillary is dating Jodie Foster?

jmp45
07-27-16, 15:27

These are the posts that make my day..;)

sevenhelmet
07-27-16, 15:29
Meh. I don't think the public's in danger on this one.

If it's personal, it's personal, but I don't buy the "nation is f**d up because this happened" argument. We were f'd to begin with.

Put another way, what if he'd tried to shoot Jimmy Carter? Would you feel differently about his release?

ETA: You sir, have won the internet for today.

Firefly
07-27-16, 15:29

Bravo, gentle sir. Bravo.

SteyrAUG
07-27-16, 15:33
So, for the last 20 years the docs have said he was cured, for the last 12 years they have allowed him to be released on furlough.

He has been 'in' since 1981, 36 years. Apparently he was in for 24 years prior to release on the furloughs.

Even though they said Brady's death, 33 years after the incident, at 74 years of age, was a homicide, they wouldn't have retried Hinckley for homicide if he had been criminally convicted.

He didn't kill the Gipper, or anyone. Take a cue from President Reagan, who forgave the guy, and let him go in peace. He'll have regular checks by the secret service until he dies.

He's still a "The Catcher in the Rye" retard and for that he should do life.

Firefly
07-27-16, 15:36
He's still a "The Catcher in the Rye" retard and for that he should do life.

I don't why people see shit in that book. It must be the 3D Mystery Puzzle for wackos.

It was sloppily written, boring, and dude couldn't spell "goddamn" properly and used it more as a filler word than anything

SteyrAUG
07-27-16, 16:44
I don't why people see shit in that book. It must be the 3D Mystery Puzzle for wackos.

It was sloppily written, boring, and dude couldn't spell "goddamn" properly and used it more as a filler word than anything

Easily explained. We had an entire generation of Holden's who weren't cool enough for Woodstock who identified with that book but couldn't reconcile with the fact that Holden was a giant loser and therefore so were they. So they were like the 60s version of goth kids, complete rejects who acted like the rest of the world were the losers.

26 Inf
07-27-16, 18:47
Nay. He affronted Ronald Reagan (Upon Whom Be Peace!).

Both hands should be dismembered and he should be scalped.

Not sarcasm.

Does this matter:

"My father did more than say the Lords Prayer He lived it in forgiving John Hinkley Jr...Maybe we should do the same," Mike Reagan, Ronald Reagan's son, tweeted.

I think Reagan was a class guy, I'll follow his lead.

Firefly
07-27-16, 19:17
Does this matter:

"My father did more than say the Lords Prayer He lived it in forgiving John Hinkley Jr...Maybe we should do the same," Mike Reagan, Ronald Reagan's son, tweeted.

I think Reagan was a class guy, I'll follow his lead.

Well....you got me there.

At this point he's just a fat, old loser.

Wasting his life away during his best years was probably punishment enough.

_Stormin_
07-27-16, 20:52
I have home in Williamsburg. I have shopped at the grocery store (Harris Teeter) near where they live (Kingsmill) but never saw any of them.

I've run into his mom at Waypoint Restaurant a few times right by the HT. I was introduced twice before I figured out the connection, and I was SHOCKED. Did not say a thing. She really is the sweetest little old lady. I'd like to point out that his release is just in time to be another Virginia vote for Hillary... (Though if you don't know Kingsmill, he'd be one of only three or four Democrat votes in the entire massive community.)

tb-av
07-27-16, 21:03

LOL!!! I wondered who she was warming up to these days. I thought for sure it was Warren though.

RazorBurn
07-27-16, 21:05

"Quick look at that! There's a crazy guy on the loose! Now, they won't be paying attention that we're over $19 TRILLION ****ING DOLLARS IN DEBT!!!"

Yep, this one has been easy to see coming for the past few years. I've even mailed my senators a couple of times a year about how bullshit it is that someone like him can be released.

tb-av
07-27-16, 21:11
... and his mother that he lives with is like 90 years old. So in short order he will be living alone. I actually have family that lives in that community.

LoveAR
07-27-16, 21:48
Maybe he can finally get together with Jodie Foster.

He might be sad to hear that she is a lesbian. So sad.

SteyrAUG
07-27-16, 23:16
... and his mother that he lives with is like 90 years old. So in short order he will be living alone. I actually have family that lives in that community.

Don't worry, I'm sure Norman will still listen to mother.

jbjh
07-28-16, 00:50
I've got to find a JFA skateboard deck!

Sent from 80ms in the future
Jimmy

SteyrAUG
07-28-16, 01:21
He might be sad to hear that she is a lesbian. So sad.

Can you imagine wrecking your entire life just to try and get the attention of somebody who will never be sexually interested in you no matter what you do? Any doctors who think this guy is every going to be normal in any real world context should also probably be committed.

Eurodriver
07-28-16, 01:54
Do you think if this had happened to Obama the guy would have avoided prison and eventually been set free?

Endur
07-28-16, 02:09
Do you think if this had happened to Obama the guy would have avoided prison and eventually been set free?

It would go either of two ways: Obumbo says the whole if he had a son thing, or he gets hung by the gallows in Chicago by the BLM crowd.

Moose-Knuckle
07-28-16, 05:37
I think this is great, we really are moving forward as a nation. That Clinton appointed judge couldn't have chosen a nicer guy to let go.

But why stop at Hinckley, let's release all our brothers behind the wall and ban those implements of evil that framed them for "their" crimes . . .

Back in reality, I bet Jodie Foster has spent some coin over the last year or two on her and her families security.

brickboy240
07-28-16, 10:31
Will he be speaking at the DNC convention?

Firefly
07-28-16, 11:42

Guantanamo and never heard from again

LoveAR
07-30-16, 20:09
Don't worry, I'm sure Norman will still listen to mother.

Good one :)