PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have an ADS M4?

.357sigger
09-02-08, 19:40
I know there are better guns, I have 2 LMT's and will get a Noveske or two as well...I like the idea of having a FDE M4 that would serve as a good base for a camo job. I just wanted to see how they were holding up since it has been a while since they came out...I would swap in a good BCG and probably leave it alone after that. It would be my "beater" gun for others to use if they were tagging along for the day, etc but I want to make sure that it is decent. Are these guns holding up? Thanks guys...:)

On another note I have a buddy that wants to get into the AR game but doesnt want to spend a fortune (prob 850ish) I was thinking that either an ADS or a CMMG basic carbine would be a good starter gun. What do you think?

.357sigger
09-02-08, 22:34
Nobody? I guess that isnt a good sign....

G-lock
09-04-08, 12:00
I sorta have one, bought an ADS stripped lower and factory upper, seems to run fine. About 200 rounds downrange between zeroing and 1 ACTS match. Going to Carbine Class this weekend and we'll see how it runs.

Jeff

Steve
09-04-08, 12:54
I have had about 600 unevent full rounds down range.

COJAM
09-04-08, 21:49
Here are a couple of threads, there are lots more.IMHO one of the best values out there.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13661
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13872

OneKYards
12-29-08, 19:11
I have an ADS M4. Nice trigger and a good AR. No complaints here. Have a few LMT CQB & MRP and Rock River as well.

Honu
12-29-08, 20:06
one of the local shops here is part owner or something ? and has them in quite a bit

I have played with them in the shop and am thinking of picking up a few just to have around as they seem super well built for the money I dont think you can go wrong

Grant also sells them I think ? and I think if I remember a thread he did a few things to make them a touch nicer ? might be one of the links posted ? as I did not look at them

on a side note even the shop has been out of stripped lowers for a while :)
I was going to go buy a few just to have and no luck :(

monkyboy
12-30-08, 12:30
I've got an ADS I purchased through Grant with a BCM bcg installed. I've added a DD Omega, Troy rear sight, and a CTR. I've been very happy with this rifle. Approx 1,000 trouble free rounds, quality ammo to Wolf, fired.

crossgun
12-30-08, 13:10
I own three of them. Bought from G&R with the BCM bolt carrier groups. Two of them are carbine length gas systems and the other is a mid. These rifles run fine and are of very good quality with possibly the best finish I have seen right out of the box from any manufacture. Far better than a BUSH, S&W and ROCK. Don’t hesitate to buy one!

As mentioned, mine will reliably eat anything you feed them. Two of mine are well over 2000 rounds each as they visited a Super Dave carbine school earlier this year without issue. That in itself is a huge endorsement, you don’t take anything that is not going to run like a top to a Super Dave class unless your just stupid and looking to get kicked in the balls. Harrington will find your shortcomings quick enough; you don’t need a weapon issue to make it to the front of the class.

ADS is GTG