PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint magnifiers?

JG007
07-28-16, 19:09
It seems like this is an area where it could be worth considering other options, like Samson, Vortex, etc.

I want to get one for a patrol sbr with H1 cowitnessed.

Looking for feedback, thanks

Ryno12
07-28-16, 19:17
EOTech G33

Koshinn
07-29-16, 16:44
Eotech G33 is probably the best.

I'd only consider an aimpoint magnifier with a twist mount if I had a PVS-14 that uses the same twist mount.

Scalarworks
07-29-16, 20:53
It seems like this is an area where it could be worth considering other options, like Samson, Vortex, etc.

I want to get one for a patrol sbr with H1 cowitnessed.

Looking for feedback, thanks

I'd wait for Aimpoint's new line of magnifiers if you can.

Eurodriver
07-30-16, 01:41
Why has Aimpoint not considered putting a BDC or Mildots in their magnifiers? Is that not possible? Do they wiggle too much in the mounts?

Knorth
07-30-16, 12:40
I just picked one up for a great price. It works great on the twist mount. I wouldn't buy anything Eotech, but that's just me.

Hmac
07-30-16, 13:01
Eotech G33 is superior to the Aimpoint magnifier and pretty much sets the standard for quality magnifiers.

KalashniKEV
07-31-16, 07:02
Why has Aimpoint not considered putting a BDC or Mildots in their magnifiers? Is that not possible? Do they wiggle too much in the mounts?

Because you still have to dial in the dot to the center of the magnifier.

Based on rails/ mounts/ tolerances you could print the reticle dead center and have to shift it left for one rifle, a little down for another, etc.

They could probably print a rangefinding scale in there off to the side, but that would be ridiculous and absurd.