PDA

View Full Version : Bushwhacked?...BM prices

jhs1969
09-03-08, 11:55
Stoped at a local dealer yesterday and he had three BM's on the rack, one was a M4 config like mine. The price on all three was $1600:eek: I about crapped my pants, I can't belive how some dealers try to rape unknowing buyers:( I sometimes wish I was in a position to start a dealership to offer local shooters quality products at reasonable prices. The Knox area is really suffering from a lack of quality firearms availability, not to mention pricing. Grant, ever consider a second store a little farther south?:D Be honored to help manage/work such a store in this area. Most quality firearms and accessories I purchase (HK, LMT, DD, Aimpoint etc) I aquire out of state and ship to a local dealer with a reasonable tranfer fee. Gun shows here really suck, BM, RRA and S&W's M&P line of ARs are as good as it gets around here. These dealers act like they've never heard of Colt, LMT, Noveske and then try the salesman trick of 'mine is as good as it gets'. Sorry for the rant, just gets frustrating around here.

Iraqgunz
09-03-08, 13:26
Dude, that is ****ing crazy! 1600 for a Bushamster carbine? There are plenty of other guns out there for cheaper. Charles Daly comes to mind off the bat and they seem to be making a name.

twodollarbill
09-03-08, 13:38
The local SportCenters (Scheels, Gander Mnt) only carry DPMS and Bushmasters and have to hold to mgr. retail pricing.
I can see where someone New to AR's would come to think these weapons were the BOMB as these are all they see.
The small gun shops in the area get these as trade-ins when someone upgrades.
But $1600....that guy needs a good ass kicking!!!!

markm
09-03-08, 13:43
Buy it, and support your local gun dealer!

ST911
09-03-08, 13:43
The local SportCenters (Scheels, Gander Mnt) only carry DPMS and Bushmasters and have to hold to mgr. retail pricing.

Is there a Scheels stocking Bushmaster?

twodollarbill
09-03-08, 14:43
Is there a Scheels stocking Bushmaster?

Sorry for ganging them up together.
Scheels have the DPMS....Gander Mnt have the Bushmasters

45r
09-03-08, 15:43
WOW and I thought I got raped when I bought my Noveske......... (Which by the happens to be one of the finest ARs I've ever purchased so it was MONIES well spent!!!)

Reddevil
09-03-08, 17:12
There are so many better, quality made AR15 rifle manufacturers on the market now. Bushmaster and their dealers are cashing on on their name. It works for recreational shooters, but those who want a real, quality go to hell and back milspec AR know better.

RogerinTPA
09-03-08, 21:43
Oh my F--kin gawd! :p

jhs1969
09-03-08, 23:07

:D:D:D Thats just wrong!!!

I have actually spent more for items before just to support local guys but this guys want the lottery to come to him. I will only spend marginally more though before I start looking for the best prices and with gun prices going up up and up I usually only buy smaller accessories from the locals now. But like I said earlier the local market around here stinks. I wonder if it may be because no military bases are anywhere close.

JSantoro
09-03-08, 23:30
Occam's Razor.

Like with football tickets, they do it because they know that there's folks out there dumb enough to cough up the dough.

C4IGrant
09-04-08, 09:42
Stoped at a local dealer yesterday and he had three BM's on the rack, one was a M4 config like mine. The price on all three was $1600:eek: I about crapped my pants, I can't belive how some dealers try to rape unknowing buyers:( I sometimes wish I was in a position to start a dealership to offer local shooters quality products at reasonable prices. The Knox area is really suffering from a lack of quality firearms availability, not to mention pricing. Grant, ever consider a second store a little farther south?:D Be honored to help manage/work such a store in this area. Most quality firearms and accessories I purchase (HK, LMT, DD, Aimpoint etc) I aquire out of state and ship to a local dealer with a reasonable tranfer fee. Gun shows here really suck, BM, RRA and S&W's M&P line of ARs are as good as it gets around here. These dealers act like they've never heard of Colt, LMT, Noveske and then try the salesman trick of 'mine is as good as it gets'. Sorry for the rant, just gets frustrating around here.

$1600 for a BM (that has not been re-worked)!!!! :eek:

I had a customer in the shop the other day looking for an entry level AR. I showed him a BM AR that we have re-built for $910. He said that it was too expensive and wanted something in the $600. I told him that I was sorry, but I do not stock AR's that are that cheap.

C4

30 cal slut
09-04-08, 10:55
that is just nucking futs in even my overpriced neck of the woods.

citizensoldier16
09-04-08, 15:30
Thats interesting...because I got my BM for less than half that NIB. I wonder if its a local phenomenon around Knoxville like you said?

jhs1969
09-05-08, 02:01
Thats interesting...because I got my BM for less than half that NIB. I wonder if its a local phenomenon around Knoxville like you said?

Not really, I got my current BM (before I knew better of course, but I 'fixed' it myself) about three years ago for right at $1000 from a different dealer, the main problem is no local dealer stocks first line, best quality gear. The dealer I'm refering to in this thread has always been overpriced but I've never seen it at this margin. BTW he has been in business here longer than most any other dealer in the area and I don't see how. Being so far from any military bases maybe we don't have a customer base to support such a well stocked dealer (mostly deer hunters here) but I sure would like to see one start up. BTW this guys price on a BM 30 rnd mag=$29.95

Sweep
09-05-08, 06:02
are you sure it wasn't a piston driven upper on it ?

jhs1969
09-05-08, 12:16
are you sure it wasn't a piston driven upper on it ?

Nope, it was their 14.5 w/phantom fh, flat top M4 config, they had two more for the same price, one appeared to be a ORC and one was possibly a post ban, it had no flash hider at all. He has always been overpriced like I said but he has climbed to new heights, or lows.

decodeddiesel
09-05-08, 13:45
Nope, it was their 14.5 w/phantom fh, flat top M4 config, they had two more for the same price, one appeared to be a ORC and one was possibly a post ban, it had no flash hider at all. He has always been overpriced like I said but he has climbed to new heights, or lows.

Did he have a "Buy it before it's banned in November!" sign (or something to the effect) near it? I have seen that slimy tactic used a lot recently.

RogerinTPA
09-05-08, 16:02
Pass on that BS (The gun shop AND the BM). Reference the "Chart" https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642 and get a Charles Daly M-4 or LMT. Order online from Grant or another online dealer with better prices.

jhs1969
09-06-08, 00:03
Did he have a "Buy it before it's banned in November!" sign (or something to the effect) near it? I have seen that slimy tactic used a lot recently.

No, he does not move a lot of stock (suprise) in fact the one BM with out the flash hider I belive is a hold over from the 94-04 era. It has the cheap BM rail and rail covers on it, I remember a post ban carbine with this set up but can't remember the name they hung on it. He has always been overpriced but this is beyond ridiculous now. I think there is two reasons he has remained open so many years 2; he is pretty well stocked (ammo, holsters, handguns etc) and 1; I belive he owns the building, does not have a lease/rent.

jhs1969
09-06-08, 00:16
Pass on that BS (The gun shop AND the BM). Reference the "Chart" https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642 and get a Charles Daly M-4 or LMT. Order online from Grant or another online dealer with better prices.

No, no. I already have two M4s, a three year old BM that I staked myself and an awsome LMT I bought somewhere near the end of March this year. I'm already planning another LMT next year. I stopped because he has a lot of choices on ammo and I needed another box of 9mm +P Gold Dots, I know I overpaid for this but +P GD's are very hard to find around here. I stop 2-3 times a year for small ammo buys or just to check out the stock and prices. I haven't bought a gun from him in over ten years now and 'never' now seems appropriate for the future.

decodeddiesel
09-06-08, 10:48
No, he does not move a lot of stock (suprise) in fact the one BM with out the flash hider I belive is a hold over from the 94-04 era. It has the cheap BM rail and rail covers on it, I remember a post ban carbine with this set up but can't remember the name they hung on it. He has always been overpriced but this is beyond ridiculous now. I think there is two reasons he has remained open so many years 2; he is pretty well stocked (ammo, holsters, handguns etc) and 1; I belive he owns the building, does not have a lease/rent.

...and sadly there are uninformed consumers out there which will fork over that kind of money for one of these weapons. :mad:

Erik Eastman
09-06-08, 18:04
Bought my brand-new, post ban BM for $860. Howell's gun shop in Grey Maine. (Right down the road from BM in Windham)

This was probably 3-4 yrs ago.

MAUSER202
09-06-08, 20:02
I was at a dealer in NJ to get my out of state archery licence, and he had two BM M4gerys for 1399. And now in that NAZI state you cant buy handgun ammo ( read anything but shot gun ammo) without a NJ firearms ID card and a NJ drivers licence.
I got my LMT from Grant with extra mags and shipping for a lot less:D than that.

.357sigger
09-07-08, 05:14
Not to hi jack...but does the reference to post/pre ban refer to when it was produced...i.e. before 94 or after 04? Or is there some special configuration that it refers to?

jhs1969
09-08-08, 00:12
Not to hi jack...but does the reference to post/pre ban refer to when it was produced...i.e. before 94 or after 04? Or is there some special configuration that it refers to?

I used the term to describe rifles made during the 94-04 time frame, "the ban". Rifles made during this time will have no collapsible stocks, bayonet lugs, flash hidders. I seem to see alot of people use "pre-ban" for pre 94; and "post-ban" for post 94 and now "no-ban" for post 04 made rifles. This may not be accurate but I see/hear it from alot of different people, didn't mean to confuse.:)