PDA

View Full Version : free float quad rail suggestions

brisk21
07-31-16, 17:25
I have a colt 6920 and I'm going to install a low profile gas block, free float quad rail, and a front flip up sight. I want it longer than the stock, but not all the way to the end of the barrel. What length and brand do you guys like? I'm thinking Daniel defense or Troy industries. I run an EOTech xps2.

theorangecat
07-31-16, 17:40
I am sticking with quad rails for the time being, and I really like the current DDM4 rail; while I recently opted for a 15" DDM4 rail because I wanted to mount the front back-up irons as far forward as I could, I sort of wish I had gotten the 12" length.

toc

brisk21
07-31-16, 17:49
Yeah, the ddm4 12" is probably the one I'll pick. Daniel Defense is top notch stuff.

joeyjoe
07-31-16, 18:22
yup, the DD LITE III, also known as the DDM4, is the best quad rail money can buy, imo. I have several. Very light and low profile for a quad and a bomb proof bolt up system. Id go with the 12" model.

brisk21
07-31-16, 18:24
Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Pappabear
07-31-16, 19:50
Check out the new Geissele rails. I bought the new one with pic rails built into the rail at 6-9-12. Very nice rail. I have many of their rails, hard to go wrong with DD or Geiselle.

Good luck.

PB

Hank6046
07-31-16, 20:13
Another for DD. Don't mind the Midwest Midwest Industries stuff either if you want a cheaper option. (Never mind the Midwest Industries, misread the original post, would recommend them for non free-float quads)

Wake27
07-31-16, 20:18
Centurion is another good one. They use the standard barrel nut too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kain
07-31-16, 20:26
DD and Larue would be the first two quad rails that pop into my head. My personal preferences and have been pleased with the Larue rails that I have used. Followed by Centurion. Haven't messed with the Geiselle rails so I can't comment there. larue's are on sale at the moment, so depending on what the DD rails are running at it might be worth taking a look at the Larue rails.

Iraqgunz
07-31-16, 20:42
I would look at the Centurion Arms as it will also use the standard USGI barrel nut. The other option would be Centurion Arms CMR MLOK rail.

joeyjoe
07-31-16, 20:55
its worth mentioning, of all the quad rails that have been mentioned in this thread, the DD LITE III is the lightest...quite a bit lighter than the Larue rail and a slimmer profile than the centurion C4. I much prefer the LITE III to the C4 and the Larue. The only drawback to the DD LITE III, in my opinion, is the price. If you can spring for it, id go for the DD LITE III.
Also of note, the profile of the DD LITE III is dramatically different from the DD LITE II. The LITE III does NOT have the I beam profile of the previous LITE rails. The bottom rail on the LITE III has been tucked in substantially, for the better. Obviously, I'm quite biased towards the LITE III :)

brisk21
07-31-16, 21:22
Thanks for all the replies! What about the Yankee Hill diamond rail? It looks good in the pics, but I don't know. I had a dd omega rail on my old 6920, and it was solid. Weight isn't a huge issue, since I'm just a dude that likes to shoot. I won't be lugging it around anywhere.