PDA

View Full Version : Stongest AR stock???

Ventura
09-03-08, 14:51
Can anyone tell me the strongest fixed or adjustable AR stock on the planet? I want some bomb proof stock that I don't have to worry about breaking if I smash it into something.

Robb Jensen
09-03-08, 14:54
I would imagine the A2 and Sully stocks would be the strongest.

heijutsu
09-03-08, 14:55
Look at the Magpul UBR.

Ventura
09-03-08, 15:01
A2 = too long and Sully = too short. UBR = unavailable?

Solid
09-03-08, 15:10
maybe Ace?

markm
09-03-08, 15:11
How about the Colt CS stock? A2 construction with A1 length.

Ventura
09-03-08, 15:14
Where can I get one of those?

Will the Sopmod fit the ACE 4-7 RET?

markm
09-03-08, 15:20
Where can I get one of those?

If you're talking about the CS, you can find them on the boards for sale occasionally. Or pay big money at SAWLESALES.com.

They're not cheap. I just run the A1 stock now. If I come across a deal on a CS some day, I'll buy it.

Steve
09-03-08, 15:21
A2 = too long and Sully = too short. UBR = unavailable?

Sully to short im 6'5 i love it.
then again i run everything to the first stop anyhow, or les the ubr i leave all the way in.

I say the 93b stock if you can find it. the LMT sopmod is good i have rammed a few things with mine

sully soild monster of a stock
the ubr is a rock as well.

Ventura
09-03-08, 15:30
Good to know...

Sully or UBR or A1?

Isn't the Sully's tube shorter than the milspec carbine? What effect does that have on the system? I'm going to run a 16" middy upper on it.

Stephen_H
09-03-08, 15:38
The strongest adjustable stock on the market is the VLTOR E-MOD (although I'm not sure if the Magpul UBR was included in the test).

Stephen

Stickman
09-03-08, 16:20
The strongest adjustable stock on the market is the VLTOR E-MOD (although I'm not sure if the Magpul UBR was included in the test).

Stephen

The EMOD passed the drop test, but I don't think the UBR was around in that test. IIRC, the UBR was still in a prototype stage and not included.

For bombproof stocks, I would rate the UBR way up there, but the E-MOD is no slouch. I don't find any of the Magpul or Vltor stocks to be lacking in quality.

Ventura
09-03-08, 18:20
okay... so it looks like the Sully stock is what I'm looking for.

Now...

As I understand it the Sully stock uses a shorter tube. How will this effect the function of a mid length gas system upper?

SLR15
09-03-08, 20:47
The Sully Stock uses a fixed buffer tube that is made to the carbine length. It works fine with barrels that have a mid-length gas system. The Sully Stock is made of solid urethane, we designed it that way on purpose as we kept breaking collapsibles and A1/A2 style stocks getting in&out of the SWAT van and suburbans at work.

NickB
09-03-08, 22:46

Stephen

What test are you referring to? If you take rubber buttpads out of the equation, you may see some interesting changes in the drop test results. I would assume the UBR was not included in this test, but I'd be willing to put it up against any collapsible stock on the market in terms of raw durability.

Ventura
09-04-08, 00:25
I've been trying to find every online discussion/review/feedback on the Sully stock. Is it really that tough? It being a sold piece of plastic is a big plus, IMO. Besides that, I like the way it looks. I'm just not sure about the length.

Stickman
09-04-08, 17:04
Get the length, then set a carbine stock to the same distance. If you like it, you should be all set.

Ventura
09-04-08, 17:15
I did that last night. I figure I'd want the 1 inch extension for it.