PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between SR-25 ECR and APR?

Falar
08-04-16, 08:50
Is it just the rail system and muzzle device?

I heard the ECR is discontinued and may not have had all the latest BCG updates. Looking at SR-25s and there are still a few ECRs around and I do like the URX 3.1 better than 4 so maybe it is an option. Is it even a possibility the ECRs had chrome lined chambers and bores? That would be a huge plus in my book. What's killing me on this decision is the likelihood spending 4200-4500 on a non-CL .308 AR.

Alpine2k3
08-04-16, 11:26
The gas block and gas tube are using the updated designs. They also have the new bolt with dual ejectors. To my knowledge, the ECR's and APR's were never chrome lined. Only the ECC's and the ACC's are. I can't think of anything else at the moment, but maybe Jack will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falar
08-04-16, 11:30
The gas block and gas tube are using the updated designs. They also have the new bolt with dual ejectors. To my knowledge, the ECR's and APR's were never chrome lined. Only the ECC's and the ACC's are.

Thanks for the info.

I found a thread on TOS about how only the first 20 or so of the carbines were CL due to leftover barrels or something like that.

I see you work for Knights but certainly not on the sales side---do you happen to know if it would be even possible to order an APR with a CL barrel?

Alpine2k3
08-04-16, 14:53
Talked to sales, they don't offer a chrome line option for the APR

Falar
08-04-16, 15:03
Talked to sales, they don't offer a chrome line option for the APR

Damn.

Thanks for asking.