PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for the Hillary Clinton Gun Apocalypse

Doc Safari
08-04-16, 15:46
I'm not calling the election for her early, but "blessed are the pessimists, for they have made backups." I plan to vote for Trump in November, but I also know that she will try to steal the election and may actually win.

I'm going to start my prepping for a Hillary presidency NOW.

From now on, every spare dollar goes toward hi-cap mags, ammo, parts, and maybe even additional firearms and optics as funds allow.

Are you going to start now, or wait for the November panic if she wins?

Coal Dragger
08-04-16, 15:49
Started awhile ago.

She's going to win. Vote for her opponent, but don't delude yourself. Trump is unable to stay disciplined and stay on message, and the media will do 75% of Hillary's work for her because they're in the bag. She'll hide out and not do interviews or take any questions until election day, and they'll give her a pass. In the mean time Trump will give interviews and get off message all the time and look like an idiot.

Whiskey_Bravo
08-04-16, 15:56
Just saw a Fox News poll of likely voters, Hillary at 49%, Trump at 39%....... FFS people.

Falar
08-04-16, 16:01
I'm not calling the election for her early, but "blessed are the pessimists, for they have made backups." I plan to vote for Trump in November, but I also know that she will try to steal the election and may actually win.

I'm going to start my prepping for a Hillary presidency NOW.

From now on, every spare dollar goes toward hi-cap mags, ammo, parts, and maybe even additional firearms and optics as funds allow.

I'm getting straight up stupid.

I've never jumped on a panic buy before but I have only recently returned to Texas from California and have had to start over. Finally decided to put one of these high limit credit cards to use......feels dirty.

I don't consider myself a pessimist but a realist. They've won. We live in a country where cutting off your junk gets you celebrated as a hero and if you want dudes to have to use dude's bathrooms you're a filthy biggot. Sure, Trump will win big in the south, west, and midwest but too many of what were border states are now fully on the fail train.

Whiskey_Bravo
08-04-16, 16:02
I'm getting straight up stupid.

I've never jumped on a panic buy before but I have only recently returned to Texas from California and have had to start over. Finally decided to put one of these high limit credit cards to use......feels dirty.

Burn that thing up while you can :)

Falar
08-04-16, 16:03
Burn that thing up while you can :)

If the S really does HTF what does it matter if you're swimming in CC debt?

LOL

At least you'll have a mountain of guns and ammo.

Endur
08-04-16, 16:04
I have not started stocking up on ammo yet because I am currently building an SPR, but I have recently been picking up some new mags from BCM. I am also attempting to get a lady friend into building an AR and getting some pistols while she still can.

Doc Safari
08-04-16, 16:09

LOL

As a cautionary note, I had that exact philosophy when Bill Clinton was trying to get the AWB and Brady Law passed in the nineties. I ran up a $5,000 credit card in about a month and then took until George W. Bush recited the oath of office to pay it off.

I would highly suggest anyone buying stuff also be prudent and not assume you'll never have to pay it off. :nono:

Firefly
08-04-16, 16:17
I have all I need, just not all I want.

Realistically the absolute soonest anything can happen is 2018.

I see more state encroachment than anything. If you live in a swing state, sorry cuz.

They've accomplished more at the state level than Federal.

We've had a war and a lot of political unrest and there aren't enough hippie college kids to support a federal ban again.

I DO see crime going on another uptick.

Get what you can, but don't get stupid about it. I got into guns at the tail end of the ban. I had an STG 58, a Glock with two $99 high caps, and life was good.

I have way more now and honestly haven't been shooting much on my own time lately anyways. If I go, it's usually my Glock, a bolt action, and a .22.

Ain't skeered

Doc Safari
08-04-16, 16:25
My thinking is that even in the absence of federal legislation there will be executive orders and at the very least another panic that will last her entire presidency. Hi-cap mags will become scarce. Don't even think about finding .22LR anymore. Common calibers will fluctuate in availability.

I lived through the gun grabbing nineties. It was amazing that every time you turned around something was out of stock.

titsonritz
08-04-16, 16:29

You mean standard capacity, don't you?

Personally I am buying ammo.

Whiskey_Bravo
08-04-16, 16:30

LOL

I meant burn through that credit card and buy some stuff man :)

jpmuscle
08-04-16, 16:31
The credit line on one of my credit cards bumped up 5k this week. Im trying not to look at as a sign of permission. lolz. I pay off my cards and never carry a balance but I can see how people get jammed up quick.

Falar
08-04-16, 16:33
The credit line on one of my credit cards bumped up 5k this week. Im trying not to look at as a sign of permission. lolz. I pay off my cards and never carry a balance but I can see how people get jammed up quick.

Must be a trend, 3 of mine did that as well.

I meant burn through that credit card and buy some stuff man :)

Definitely got it my friend, thougth it was just a funny way of looking at things and wanted to say it out loud.

BoringGuy45
08-04-16, 17:08
Stuff WILL dry up, but not because anything actually WILL happen at either the state or federal level immediately, but because of the perception that it could. When Obama took office in 2009, things were VERY dangerous with the Congressional makeup. We would no doubt have a permanent AWB in place right now if some PODS had decided to go on a shooting spree then. We were just lucky that that didn't happen and that gun control was not a top priority at the time. However, I don't see the GOP losing either house and they'll continue to block Hillary at every turn. Most of the swing states will be okay as well. However, people will be buying up stuff whether or they need or even want it.

MountainRaven
08-04-16, 17:22
You mean standard capacity, don't you?

Maybe he meant the 33-rounders.

Doc Safari
08-04-16, 17:27
Maybe he meant the 33-rounders.

You have to understand that during the 10-year assault weapons ban "high capacity" mags were the ones you couldn't get because of the ban, for example Glock 17-round mags, AR 30-round mags, etc. If you went into a store asking for a Glock magazine you would be handed a 10-rounder. You had to specifically ask for a "high capacity" magazine if that's what you wanted.

The terminology has changed somewhat, I suppose, and I guess I'm guilty of still specifying "high capacity" magazines.

Alex V
08-04-16, 17:30
Hard to buy standard mags when your state has an AWB. Thank god for family in free states and online stores who will ship to addresses other than your billing address.

Thinking of picking up another Noveske lower. I just love that roll mark. I have 4 others just in case too.

Other than that, it's ammo and spare parts for me from now till the panic hit.

Outlander Systems
08-04-16, 17:31
Considering that home invasions, strong-arm robberies, and carjackings in my AO are committed by, typically 3 assailants, any ban on magazine capacity is an assault on my safety.

MountainRaven
08-04-16, 17:33
You have to understand that during the 10-year assault weapons ban "high capacity" mags were the ones you couldn't get because of the ban, for example Glock 17-round mags, AR 30-round mags, etc. If you went into a store asking for a Glock magazine you would be handed a 10-rounder. You had to specifically ask for a "high capacity" magazine if that's what you wanted.

The terminology has changed somewhat, I suppose, and I guess I'm guilty of still specifying "high capacity" magazines.

I know. I was alive and paying attention during the Ban. I was being facetious.

The change is really part of changing the definition to make the fight easier. So when gun-grabbers go after magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, they aren't going after "high capacity" magazines, they're going after "standard capacity" magazines. So a 10-round G17 magazine is then a "reduced capacity" magazine.

Doc Safari
08-04-16, 17:35
I know. I was alive and paying attention during the Ban. I was being facetious.

The change is really part of changing the definition to make the fight easier. So when gun-grabbers go after magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, they aren't going after "high capacity" magazines, they're going after "standard capacity" magazines. So a 10-round G17 magazine is then a "reduced capacity" magazine.

I thought that's what you might be up to. I've given up on that battle. An AR is an assault weapon because the media says so. I don't like it. Nobody here likes it. But it's reality.

Kain
08-04-16, 17:55
First off, pessimists are never disappointed.

Secondly, if you haven't been preparing for this shit for a year or more then you've been under a rock. Election years=buy guns, ammo, and parts prior to the panic buying morons. When the panic buying morons are out in force shop for optics, holsters, and oddball things like that. Oh, and the guns that no one is worried about panic buying. Got a sweet Colt .38 revolver for like $200 a few months after Sandy Hook when AR mags were $40-60 a piece and AR15s were at $3000.

Outlander Systems
08-04-16, 18:00
Considering the legacy media is viewed in an increasingly poor light, I wouldn't take that check to the bank just yet.

See also: Wolf Blitzer stroking his ding dong while gargling champagne by the bucket full at the DNC.

:rolleyes:

The media personalities live in a disconnected, echo-chamberish enclave of Million-Dollar bungalows on the Hamptons. Their lifestyles don't afford them any exposure to the local knife-wielding meth-head. In short, their "reality" doesn't line up with the reality I see through my own eyeballs.

I'll gladly disarm when they're willing to donate to my PSD fund.

Until then, they can take their bumper-sticker, Twitter-tweeting, "virtue signaling" bullshit, and stuff it up their assholes

An AR15 is a semi-automatic rifle. That's what the **** it is. Period. Full ****ing stop.

I thought that's what you might be up to. I've given up on that battle. An AR is an assault weapon because the media says so. I don't like it. Nobody here likes it. But it's reality.

The_War_Wagon
08-04-16, 18:03

I've been prepared for a KLIN - TON insurrection, since the summer...

... of 1992. :cool:

SteyrAUG
08-04-16, 18:07
I was mostly "prepared" by November of 2004. I didn't expect the "sunset" to last a month let alone a decade.

sevenhelmet
08-04-16, 18:10
Make hay while the sun shines... there is not currently a "run" on anything that I have seen, but I wouldn't expect that to last more than another month, at the most. Especially the way Trump is porking it away post-nomination.

Good time to get armor and/or bullet resistant clothing if you want some. Nobody's talking about it yet, but my bet it it's coming up soon on the liberal chopping block.

Outlander Systems
08-04-16, 18:22
If you think they won't roll ballistic protection into that ban, you're kidding yourself.

Make hay while the sun shines... there is not currently a "run" on anything that I have seen, but I wouldn't expect that to last more than another month, at the most. Especially the way Trump is porking it away post-nomination.

Good time to get armor and/or bullet resistant clothing if you want some. Nobody's talking about it yet, but my bet it it's coming up soon on the liberal chopping block.

WickedWillis
08-04-16, 18:35
My surplus buy was a lower. Mags are priority now.

ABNAK
08-04-16, 19:03
EBR's I'm pretty good on. Parts so-so. Maybe 60-70 mags, many still in the wrapper (that's just AR mags). Ammo is "okay" but you can never have enough. That will be my focus, more ammo. Mind you I've got several thousand rounds, but want several more thousand rounds!

Level IV armor (ESAPI) has been checked off the bucket list. I almost laugh at the irony of any talk of banning body armor: you have to be "shootable" by the authoritahs if necessary. :rolleyes:

ColtSeavers
08-04-16, 19:16
Ammo
Mags
Ultra low profile concealable ballistic plate vest
Spare parts
Ammo
Mags
Spare parts
Spare lower

My priorities at the moment.

Doc Safari
08-04-16, 20:18
I was mostly "prepared" by November of 2004. I didn't expect the "sunset" to last a month let alone a decade.

Same here......and I've been preparing since 1992 as well. The only thing I did was switch from AK's and battle rifles to AR's because of the lighter weight and greater availability/feasibility of mounting lights and optics.

The point is: this is not just routine preparation that we all should have been doing all these years. This is the "what if you can never resupply" preparation. This is in anticipation of possible total bans on any more ammunition, mags, parts, or certain classes of firearms.

I have a suspicion that this time they have learned enough from past bans that there will be an emphasis on not only outlawing the manufacture of certain firearms, but also a total ban on ammo and accessories for them.

Sure, maybe they won't succeed. Maybe Congress won't go along with it. Then again, maybe in a year to eighteen months we realize that we ALL live in California now.

My worry is that there will be no grandfathering or sunsetting this time. This will be it. No More. Maybe you even have to register your semi-auto as an NFA weapon.

The point is to prepare BEFORE the next panic, and plan on this preparation to be the last one you have.

Doc Safari
08-04-16, 20:19
[oops] Duplicate

SeriousStudent
08-04-16, 21:00
Sweet Mother of God, if you are not already prepared after eight years of Obama, you are a drooling moron.

OH58D
08-04-16, 21:21
I was active duty until I retired in 1999. Lots of mags seemed to make their way in the trunks of cars, leaving base and ending up in surplus joints down the road. I never saw an arrest but I suspected some got kicked out after I retired. I spent the last years of the AWB refurbishing AR mags; finding good specimens and replacing followers and springs as well as giving the body a good coat of Permaslik G. I've got enough weapons and ammo to supply a good sized squad.

My concern is replacement parts for my Colts and LMT. Specifically I am considering extra bolts and firing pins. Any problems with replacing bolts in old carriers, or mixing an LMT bolt in a Colt carrier?

JoshNC
08-04-16, 21:55

Same.

daddyusmaximus
08-04-16, 22:15
I have all I need, just not all I want.

This is probably me... if I wasn't freaking out. I'm really worried though, because the media is in the tank for hillary and Trump can't keep his foot out of his mouth. I'm planing on one more lower, and as much ammo as I can afford. Probably a dozen more mags too. I'm close to putting down my money on my first can, so that's the first order of business. I think ammo is a prime target for panic buying, not just because everyone else wants it. I've been deployed to combat 3 times and I know first hand how you end up throwing so very many rounds go downrange for each single bad guy you actually hit. You rarely get off the first shot unless you're in the defensive, and know they're coming, so you end up going through a lot hell of a lot of ammo just keeping them pinned down so you can maneuver to a better position. Plus it's hard to hit a moving target... you can barely see... when you're scared (and pissed) and hiding from their rounds. As a civilian living under threat of government bans, there will be no getting more free ammo after each mission.

Ammo. But more ammo people.

HighDesert
08-04-16, 22:29
First off, pessimists are never disappointed.

Secondly, if you haven't been preparing for this shit for a year or more then you've been under a rock. Election years=buy guns, ammo, and parts prior to the panic buying morons. When the panic buying morons are out in force shop for optics, holsters, and oddball things like that. Oh, and the guns that no one is worried about panic buying. Got a sweet Colt .38 revolver for like $200 a few months after Sandy Hook when AR mags were $40-60 a piece and AR15s were at $3000.
I sold a pair of FDE non window Gen 2 pmags for $250 + shipping on gb after Sandy hook. I was selling complete 16" spikes uppers for 1700 a pop and stripped Anderson lowers for 350 a pop. I shit you not. I was still able to shoot my 9mm Glocks, 10/22s and ARs regularly without worrying about ammo.

Short of a total ban with no grandfather clause, life can be good if you just prepare a little.

If you didn't see this coming years ago, you deserve to be shit out of luck.

Turnkey11
08-04-16, 22:45
I just wanna know one thing, will there be beer vouchers at the gun buy-backs?

Firefly
08-04-16, 23:54
Everybody needs to take some Sphincter Relaxer and chill.

Keep this in mind:

-POTUS != God. Executive Orders can only do so much. There is no magic "Illegalize Everything" button.

-Hillary is absolutely hated by everybody who actually knows her. A lot of people have not forgotten her 'co-president' spiel. She will get way more obstructed than Obama. Congress people have a good life. They get free money, tons of exemptions and a bunch of perks. Nobody is giving that up over guns. 1994 was a freaking election year massacre for Dems and Repubs alike. The general public thought they meant "machine guns", not that you magically can't buy high caps for your Beretta post 13 SEP 1994.

Everyone who supported the AWB got put out of office. Guns at the Federal level are a Waterloo esp after 1994. This was before people got used to ARs. A lot of twentysomething war vets plus general lack of confidence in law enforcement PLUS the looming threat of domestic terrorism means most people DO NOT favor gun control.

Nobody is worried about fat white guys in the woods playing army or Jesus freaks planning the rapture.

They most certainly ARE concerned with Muslim Radicals and Black Unrest.

They couldn't EO M855 or they would have done it. Even IF an AWB were to happen 2018 is the absolute soonest and that is assuming people or willing to cooperate with Clinton

- Ammo. Ammo isn't going anywhere. You could buy it all day. In fact, encouraging people to panic neckbeard adds to the MYTH that ammo will magically be miracled out of existence.

-Grandfathering. Worst case scenario, there won't be any. But best case scenario, a no grandfather clause will discourage fat, dumb, and happy congress people from for voting for it. They do NOT care about saving the world at the cost of their easy lifestyles.

-ATF raids, lol. most ATF are NOT death dealing ninjas. The ATF at Waco were frigging JOKES. They were stupid and tactically unsound. Most were polishing seats literally day before. They are a REVENUE AGENCY. Their MP5s weren't select fire. Worry more about the overzealous rookie cop catching you coming back from shooting pie plates. Even if a bunch of guys were standing by to stand by muttering to themselves "Gotta get them guns. Gotta get them guns." wearing black BDUs there are simply not that many in America to do so. Confiscation en masse is not feasible.

Jamarion Jackson carries a stolen Jennings, Ruger, or Hi Point every day. Nobody catches him. He does not sweat it. He is not pissing and moaning on the internet and dreading an election year. He's making money slinging dope, giving girls babies, jamming to Gucci Mane, and more worried about who he's going to bet on come football season than which white cracker gets elected in November. Real talk off top.

So if he ain't worried then I DAMN SURE ain't worried.

So.....live your life. What happens, happens. FIDO.

All that will happen, that WILL affect you is taxes will go up, income goes down, Unemployment will get worse, more nickel and dime bullshit laws where everything is a felony, more unnecessary racial divide and that's about it.

Obama has been president 8 years. I think he's an asshole. But I don't watch him in TV, and it hasn't kept me from living my life.

Regardless of Hillary or Trump they'll just be more assholes I don't care about running their suck about shit that I don't care about.

I mean this is almost like TOS with the conspiracies, urge to panic buy, and inordinate fears of BATFags jumping out of black UN Helicopters .

I have said get what you can, while you can. Not because of an election. But because life is unpredictable. If you knew you only had a year to live, would you worry or would you live it up?

I've had a few near life experiences here and there to know that YOLO isn't such a bad idea. Do what you want because YOU want to. But I refuse to panic because of what some jerkass in DC has to say about things I happen to enjoy.

So....it's not a joke.

While everyone is in the hills with makeshift COPs, wearing faded multicam, and standing shifts waiting for The Man. I literally will be behind Asan's Haji Mart, shooting dice, drinking cheap liquor and keeping it real.

I wager my time will be more constructively spent.

tl;dr

Live your life and don't worry, be happy

jpmuscle
08-04-16, 23:59

Keep this in mind:

-POTUS != God. Executive Orders can only do so much. There is no magic "Illegalize Everything" button.

-Hillary is absolutely hated by everybody who actually knows her. A lot of people have not forgotten her 'co-president' spiel. She will get way more obstructed than Obama. Congress people have a good life. They get free money, tons of exemptions and a bunch of perks. Nobody is giving that up over guns. 1994 was a freaking election year massacre for Dems and Repubs alike. The general public thought they meant "machine guns", not that you magically can't buy high caps for your Beretta post 13 SEP 1994.

Everyone who supported the AWB got put out of office. Guns at the Federal level are a Waterloo esp after 1994. This was before people got used to ARs. A lot of twentysomething war vets plus general lack of confidence in law enforcement PLUS the looming threat of domestic terrorism means most people DO NOT favor gun control.

Nobody is worried about fat white guys in the woods playing army or Jesus freaks planning the rapture.

They couldn't EO M855 or they would have done it. Even IF an AWB were to happen 2018 is the absolute soonest and that is assuming people or willing to cooperate with Clinton

- Ammo. Ammo isn't going anywhere. You could buy it all day. In fact, encouraging people to panic neckbeard adds to the MYTH that ammo will magically be miracled out of existence.

-Grandfathering. Worst case scenario, there won't be any. But best case scenario, a no grandfather clause will discourage fat, dumb, and happy congress people from for voting for it. They do NOT care about saving the world at the cost of their easy lifestyles.

-ATF raids, lol. most ATF are NOT death dealing ninjas. The ATF at Waco were frigging JOKES. They were stupid and tactically unsound. Most were polishing seats literally day before. They are a REVENUE AGENCY. Their MP5s weren't select fire. Worry more about the overzealous rookie cop catching you coming back from shooting pie plates. Even if a bunch of guys were standing by to stand by muttering to themselves "Gotta get them guns. Gotta get them guns." wearing black BDUs there are simply not that many in America to do so. Confiscation en masse is not feasible.

Jamarion Jackson carries a stolen Jennings, Ruger, or Hi Point every day. Nobody catches him. He does not sweat it. He is not pissing and moaning on the internet and dreading an election year. He's making money slinging dope, giving girls babies, jamming to Gucci Mane, and more worried about who he's going to bet on come football season than which white cracker gets elected in November. Real talk off top.

All that will happen, that WILL affect you is taxes will go up, income goes down, Unemployment will get worse, more nickel and dime bullshit laws where everything is a felony, more unnecessary racial divide and that's about it.

Obama has been president 8 years. I think he's an asshole. But I don't watch him in TV, and it hasn't kept me from living my life.

Regardless of Hillary or Trump they'll just be more assholes I don't care about running their suck about shit that I don't care about.

I mean this is almost like TOS with the conspiracies, urge to panic buy, and inordinate fears of BATFags jumping out of black UN Helicopters .

I have said get what you can, while you can. Not because of an election. But because life is unpredictable. If you knew you only had a year to live, would you worry or would you live it up?

I've had a few near life experiences here and there to know that YOLO isn't such a bad idea. Do what you want because YOU want to. But I refuse to panic because of what some jerkass in DC has to say about things I happen to enjoy.

So....it's not a joke.

While everyone is in the hills with makeshift COPs, wearing faded multicam, and standing shifts waiting for The Man. I literally will be behind Asan's Haji Mart, shooting dice, drinking cheap liquor and keeping it real.

tl;dr

Amen to everything you said. Just don't forget your sweat pants ;)

black22rifle
08-05-16, 00:20
I just wanna know one thing, will there be beer vouchers at the gun buy-backs?

Yeah, you get two when you wear your molon labe shirt.

BoringGuy45
08-05-16, 00:21

Keep this in mind:

So....it's not a joke.

tl;dr

Well said and in total agreement. People forget that a VERY large percentage of people are voting for her against Trump in much that same way that a huge swath of Trump "supporters" are voting for him against Hillary. She is absolutely reviled. The biggest issue at hand is the fact that, with the Supreme Court issue, any states that current have bans are stuck with them for at least another 20 to 40 years if they're lucky, and it is likely that other states will enact bans as well. But as for anything passed at the national level, I highly doubt we'll see anything at least in her first term.

I'm also in total agreement about your take on the ATF, and I've heard such sentiments echoed by former ATF guys. With the exception of the Marshals, CBP, and the DEA, there's not too many federal agencies that really impress me these days. They're the only agencies the local cops I've met have anything good to say about.

brushy bill
08-05-16, 00:38

Keep this in mind:

So....it's not a joke.

tl;dr

I don't agree with everything (who ever does), but good post as per usual. Thanks for keeping things real.

SteyrAUG
08-05-16, 00:39

The part that concerns me is the reinstatement of the assault weapon ban was SUCCESSFULLY amended prior to the 2004 sunset to an industry protection bill by a Republican majority Congress, most of whom are still in office.

The only reason we got a sunset at all is because the bills sponsor, Larry Craig, then killed his own "pro gun" bill rather than see it pass with a poison pill attached to it. It really did come down to one guy and if he decided to support his own legislation we would have never seen a sunset, keep in mind Bush (43) had promised to sign the renewal if it ever reached his desk.

We came THAT close and everyone who has a 6920, SCAR or any other non neutered post 2004 rifle owes it all to a guy that likes to troll airport bathrooms for hookups. I have no illusions that the same government that gave us Obamacare will gladly give us a brand new assault weapon ban.

Let's not forget that ATF tried to do the same thing with SS109 "green tip" that they did with 7N6 but the public outcry was too great. If they decided to ignore public opinion they technically had the rules and regulations that would have allowed them to go forward.

And sure thing will probably be grandfathered, but that doesn't make anything "ok." And sure we being a creative group will probably find a way around their retarded laws, regulations and definitions just like CA did with the bullet button and we did with the non collapsible stocks and muzzle brakes vs. flash hiders. But it was still all bullshit and I really don't feel like doing the retard song and dance again.

I get your point that they aren't going to come around and Ruby Ridge every single one of us, but at the same time we should remember they are capable of shit like Ruby Ridge and Waco and we shouldn't assume otherwise.

But more importantly than anything, we have to keep on their asses and be ready to slam dunk their crap every time they roll it out. I wish the NRA would go on offense rather than play defense (sometimes) but I wish a lot of things were different.

Moose-Knuckle
08-05-16, 04:42
I was mostly "prepared" by November of 2004.

This.

I spent whole pay checks on USGI thirties, OEM GLOCK mags, etc. that fall. I was a youngling when the first Clinton ban wen't into effect and I sure as hell didn't wait around for a second Clinton ban to take effect.

Pro tip, just this week I'm still getting email flyers from online retailers with Magpul M2 MOE PMAGs at $8.99 a pop. Every time I encounter deals like this I typically have bought a ten pack and put them back.

Over time they add up . . . a . . . lot.

The trick is of course is to not wait for a panic to begin with, even if there isn't one everything will dry up like they did in '09 and then again in '12.

Moose-Knuckle
08-05-16, 04:48
The point is: this is not just routine preparation that we all should have been doing all these years. This is the "what if you can never resupply" preparation. This is in anticipation of possible total bans on any more ammunition, mags, parts, or certain classes of firearms.

Ah, well now that you put it like that.

Back during the '12 panic I acquired several 6720's at LE pricing not inflated, to put back NIB for any kids that I might have in the future. I now have one so he is taken care of in the event everything is banned again.

As for me, last month I finally pulled the trigger on a 7.62 AR with the mentality that if everything is banned tomorrow that is one thing that I wanted. Well that and a Conex container worth of mags for it lol.

Moose-Knuckle
08-05-16, 04:55
My concern is replacement parts for my Colts and LMT. Specifically I am considering extra bolts and firing pins. Any problems with replacing bolts in old carriers, or mixing an LMT bolt in a Colt carrier?

In theory no, all "mil-spec" parts are plug-n-play.

Last panic I remember BCGs dried up and were going for 3x what they were priced previously. Same with LPKs.

I've put back multiple BCG's, bolts, gas rings, firing pins, extractor kits, and LPKs.

BBossman
08-05-16, 05:12

With California's expanded focus on ammunition sales, the writing is on the wall for where they're headed next at the fed level.

Moose-Knuckle
08-05-16, 05:15
With California's expanded focus on ammunition sales, the writing is on the wall for where they're headed next at the fed level.

I honestly see the next play being online sales of ammunition. And or some sort of ammo regs all together.

You eat an elephant one bite at a time . . .

BBossman
08-05-16, 05:16
I didn't expect the "sunset" to last a month let alone a decade.

Particularly when GWB stated he would sign an extension if it crossed his desk.

duece71
08-05-16, 06:40
Ammo, reloading supplies, ammo, plate carrier and plates, more ammo. When in doubt.....ammo. I remember the previous Clinton years, hell no not again.

Arik
08-05-16, 07:42
I'm not about to wipe out the CC and go nuts but I've been buying ammo here and there for most of this year. No major quantity but 500 - case at a time. There really are no more new guns that I want. The few that I do are either too expensive or the mags are too expensive. A $60 mag is almost 500 rounds of Brown Bear 9mm. So unless there is some kind of a awesome deal that falls in my lap I'm buying for what I already have

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Arik
08-05-16, 07:47

Not worried ammo going anywhere. More worried about have to pay double to get it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OH58D
08-05-16, 08:02
In theory no, all "mil-spec" parts are plug-n-play.

Last panic I remember BCGs dried up and were going for 3x what they were priced previously. Same with LPKs.

I've put back multiple BCG's, bolts, gas rings, firing pins, extractor kits, and LPKs.
Not to go off topic and turn this technical. I have a good relationship with LMT so I will focus on some parts for that weapon. What is the general thought for replacement bolts, carriers, firing pins, etc. for a Colt 6920? What brand and source?

Regarding stocking up, I am in good shape for rifle ammo of all kinds, but I am light on handgun ammo; especially .357 magnum, 9mm, .380 and even some archaic calibers like .44 Russian, .45 Colt, .45 Schofield and .38 Smith & Wesson.

Doc Safari
08-05-16, 09:52
Some good points in this thread.

OF COURSE you have your head in the sand if you haven't been preparing since at least 1993 when Billy Bubba Clinton took office. Those too young to have lived through the Clinton gun-grabbing nineties had an opportunity to catch up when the 1994 ban expired and Obummer took office.

BUT....I suspect most people who "prepared" did so assuming a dry spell or two with eventual resumption of supply.

I don't think the majority of people put enough aside that they could comfortably say "I have enough even if I can't buy any more."

Granted....you NEVER have enough ammo, because you're using it, training with it, etc. Unless you own an ammo factory you will eventually run out if you shoot at all. I guess the only thing you can do here is buy and store as much as you think you can stretch out until a more gun-friendly administration takes office. Is that 10,000, or 50,000, or just how many rounds? You decide.

Mags and spare parts are a different story. You should be able to stash enough to repair and reload your weapons for your lifetime. And of course, the ultimate spare part is a spare rifle or three. Or six. Or eight.

I disagree that a Hillary administration will be ineffective. The gun grabbers have learned since the old days, and Obummer hasn't really tried. He has proven he will willingly break the law on other issues. I guess he just doesn't have the enthusiasm to go after guns in earnest. Hillary Clinton will knowingly and blatantly skirt the law to get whatever gun ban she wants. I believe she would even reassign agents from other places to reinforce ATF and instruct them to illegally enforce rules that go completely against all that is right or Constitutional.

Hillary Clinton is the Princess of Effing Darkness where gun control is concerned. I'd take another decade of Obummer before I'd let Hillary have four years to play with.

I predict FFL's, manufacturers, and even sellers of accessories will be driven out of business. I believe she will dream up ways to harass and prosecute gun owners on the smallest of violations or drummed-up charges.

With all due respect to those who say this is creating an artificial panic or conjuring up a conspiracy theory, I say: we will find out, won't we?

And I'm one to bet on the worst case scenario so that I'm not caught with my pants down when jaw-dropping bans start inexplicably passing. Remember: how many votes away are we from the SCOTUS declaring the Second Amendment not applying to individuals?

I can see Hillary nominating nothing but gun haters (since Ginsburg will probably retire, and Scalia is dead). ONE Heller-like case before the court could end our rights, and all you people screaming that we need not panic will wake up one morning and realize you became a federal criminal between sunrise and sunset that day.

Still think it can't happen? I hope you're right, but I wouldn't bet on it.

brickboy240
08-05-16, 09:55
I agree.

We need to face reality. Trump is not going to win. He has to fight the Hillary campaign, the media and half the GOP. Toss in his loud mouth and inability to see how the left wing ideologues are plotting against him and he is done for. I don't care how corrupt Hillary is....it is just not registering with most people.

That said, yes, if you have holes in your collection like needing more ammo, spare mags or always wanted another AR or AK...you better buy that damn thing right now!

When Hillary wins, you think the shelves were bare after Obama...well...you have seen nothing. She has made it very clear that she is coming for the guns and we WILL get some sort of restriction or ban on something. Remember what Bill got through when he was there. The 94 ban was a real pain in the ass....if you are old enough to remember it.

I wish I could paint a better picture, but I have to live in the real world and I see Hill-dog pulling this one out and our gun rights getting slashed in the process.

Buy it now.....buy it now! LOL

Falar
08-05-16, 09:57
I disagree that a Hillary administration will be ineffective. The gun grabbers have learned since the old days, and Obummer hasn't really tried. He has proven he will willingly break the law on other issues. I guess he just doesn't have the enthusiasm to go after guns in earnest. .

What about Gunrunner?

IMO, he tried and it blew up in his face. The whole "north-south" flow of guns sure had me laughing when that political rhetoric started turning up.

OH58D
08-05-16, 09:58
I guess what troubles me the most is that possibly a majority of Americans would actually vote for Hillary, the most horrible candidate the democrats could field. If that's the case then we have a Country that is acting suicidal, and that leaves a lot of Patriots without a Country anymore. America will have moved off in another direction and that leaves US as an aberration and a minority. That means we will have to fly under the radar and conduct our firearms activities in the shadows, waiting for a better time in America, if that ever arrives.

Doc Safari
08-05-16, 10:06
Remember what Bill got through when he was there. The 94 ban was a real pain in the ass....if you are old enough to remember it.

I wish I could paint a better picture, but I have to live in the real world and I see Hill-dog pulling this one out and our gun rights getting slashed in the process.

Buy it now.....buy it now! LOL

Yes, I think part of the problem is that not a lot of people remember the horror that was the Bill Clinton years.

I remember buying a Bulgarian AK for $239.95. Literally a week later Clinton stopped them from coming in the country and the price zoomed to $600 a copy...if you could find one.

Another month went by and there were no more at any price.

How about ammo? People would buy cases of corrosive Chinese ammo for about $80 a pop, and a surplus Chicom SKS for about a hundred and a half. Executive orders stopped both.

I could literally sit here and start with 1992 and work my way through the Clinton years naming off what we lost, even if some of it was temporary. Bill Clinton kind of lost the bulk of his enthusiasm for new gun restrictions after 1994, but there was still the occasional experience where you'd go to the gun shop looking for something only to be told "we've been told ATF is holding those up in customs" or something.

Knowing Bill's "good ol' boy" demeanor and the fact that he turned a little more conservative after the Dems lost Congress for the first time in 40 years in 1994, I have always suspected that Hillary was the more liberal and dedicated gun grabber of the pair.

In a nutshell, I view a Hillary presidency as being more than a resurrection of the gun grabbing Bill Clinton years. I think it will be the biggest existential threat to the Second Amendment since this country was founded. We may actually lose this time.

Doc Safari
08-05-16, 10:09
I guess what troubles me the most is that possibly a majority of Americans would actually vote for Hillary, the most horrible candidate the democrats could field. If that's the case then we have a Country that is acting suicidal, and that leaves a lot of Patriots without a Country anymore. America will have moved off in another direction and that leaves US as an aberration and a minority. That means we will have to fly under the radar and conduct our firearms activities in the shadows, waiting for a better time in America, if that ever arrives.

You have a country that has quite simply moved way further to the left than most of us can believe. With something like 40% of the population on the dole and a move away from socially conservative beliefs, this country has unfortunately left us behind to a large degree.

brickboy240
08-05-16, 10:09
A majority of Americans have no idea of the real corruption of the Clintons. Most don't know half the story behind Benghazi, the e-mail debacle, Whitewater, travelgate or any scandals. if they know anything it might be the Lewinsky ordeal but that is it.

It also does not help that the media AND half the butt-hurt GOP is helping sink Trump. The ONLY thing helping is maybe...MAYBE Wiki-Leaks will release damning evidence on Hillary but big media will pull out all the stops to squelch it and make sure it is not seen by the masses.

Throw in the fact that they are not going to require photo IDs at the polls and oh yes...the fix is already in.

Sensei
08-05-16, 10:20
Not to go off topic and turn this technical. I have a good relationship with LMT so I will focus on some parts for that weapon. What is the general thought for replacement bolts, carriers, firing pins, etc. for a Colt 6920? What brand and source?

Regarding stocking up, I am in good shape for rifle ammo of all kinds, but I am light on handgun ammo; especially .357 magnum, 9mm, .380 and even some archaic calibers like .44 Russian, .45 Colt, .45 Schofield and .38 Smith & Wesson.

Most of my replacement bolt carrier groups are LMT and BCM. They work great in terms of functioning in all platforms that adhere to the TDP.

When it comes to stocking up, I focus on the basics:
1) Glock 17 parts and mags. I have more than 100 G17 mags
2) USGI mags and PMAGS (both 5.56 and LR30). Again, more than 100 GI mags with Magpul followers
3) Quality AR lowers
4) 9mm ammo
5) 5.56 and .308 ammo

I don't give a shit about 22LR, 45 ACP, 357 Mag, etc.

Outlander Systems
08-05-16, 10:23
Brickboy,

What entertained me the most was the fact that the left never denied ANYTHING contained in the leaked information, but instead attacked the messenger. They then conjured up a conspiracy theory that it was Donald Trump working with the Russians. ****ing seriously?!

They must really take us for fools.

The ONLY thing helping is maybe...MAYBE Wiki-Leaks will release damning evidence on Hillary but big media will pull out all the stops to squelch it and make sure it is not seen by the masses.

Endur
08-05-16, 10:36

There was a bill a while back that Soldier Systems posted a petition for that wanted to ban armor. I have no idea where it went because I have not heard anything, so it probably got nowhere.

brickboy240
08-05-16, 10:59
I see very, very little that could actually sink Hillary at this point.

I also see Trump having to fight the Democrat party, the media AND half the GOP. He does not have the mettle or foresight to win this battle. part of Trump's problem is that he is NOT an ideologue or true believer in conservative or libertarian ideals. Because of this blindness, he is unable to fend off the Hillary and media attacks, nor does he see them coming. He failed to see that the Khan family was a plant or that his words will always be twisted by the media and told to the sheeple as the exact opposite. Trump races forward into every trap they set for him. The left has it easy with Trump and he really does not see it because he does not see the fight as left versus right at all.

Trump has a hard time smashing Obama because Obama is a true believer in far left ideals and Trump is not really a believer in right or libertarian ideals. He does not really see leftism as a true enemy. this will keep him from staying on message about how bad Obama has been and how bad Hillary will be in the future. Trump might indeed believe in many conservative or liberty minded ideals but he has never been a crusader for those ideals, nor does he see the importance in conveying those ideals in his speeches and appearances. He fails to see how he is the ONLY one that can get a positive message out about voting against Hillary and wastes his camera time mouthing off and being defensive and arguing with idiots. He literally takes their bait every time - you can set your watch to it! LOL

Hillary, on the other hand, is also not really a believer in left wing ideology as hard as Obama is. She is more interested in power and winning at any cost. She also knows she has the media to help her win and can sit back and not respond to the corruption and big media distracts everyone with Trump's asking the Russians for e-mails or this Khan family nonsense and the Clinton corruption and failings goes largely unnoticed by the public. Hillary knows she is as dirty as they come and does everything she can to whitewash her image and distract and big media helps in this to a large degree.

We are in a sad, frustrating and dangerous place right now.

26 Inf
08-05-16, 12:32
Sensei -

Pretty much right down the line with you on choice of Glock 17, AR, and ammo, EXCEPT I don't give a shit about 22LR, 45 ACP, 357 Mag, etc.

A couple questions if you don't mind:

1) Is your involvement in shooting strictly for 'business' (survival) or is there any recreational/sporting aspect?

2) Do you reload?

My thoughts: I adhere to the carry a gun that you will always carry train of thought, and that gun is an LCP. Unless I opt for something else IWB, it is always in my left front pocket. It does help that for some reason I really enjoy shooting the little SOB, so I keep 100 rounds of 90gr Hydro-Shok in the safe, and about 500 practice rounds on hand. I don't reload for this so I usually end up shooting 94-95 grain of whatever bulk pack is on sale. 6 mags.

I have also found that training with .22 at 10 cents a round saves about a nickel a round over what I reload for in 9mm; and about .12 a round over .223. Plus I don't have to worry about brass. It will take about 5,000 rounds to pay for the conversion for my Glock, I had already bought .22 pistols (1911 GSG's and S&W MP22's) for the daughters. They also have an AR service rifle trainer I built for them to share. I'm in the process of putting together a tacticool one for me.

I check online about once a month and buy bricks of CCI MiniMag or Federal AutoMatch if they are below .10 a round.

Slowly stocking up on reloading components.

If stuff gets scarce I'll train with .22 and keep the big stuff for later.

scottryan
08-05-16, 13:46
Sweet Mother of God, if you are not already prepared after eight years of Obama, you are a drooling moron.

Believe me, you should see all the people with no feedback on gunbroker that buy stuff from me. These morons just now are figuring it out. Tons of idiots out there.

Almost 75% of my sales are from people with a feedback score of 5 or less.

Firefly
08-05-16, 14:18
Meh, whatever happens happens.

I have what I have. Will buy what I want when I want and if Hillbitch gets in, oh well.

People maxing out cards or paying scalper prices on whatever are on crack.

I will take my SP1, my boonie hat, a single 10 round mag and go plinking. Like I always do. I'm not prepping for war nor anything else. And if shit went all Yugoslavia, trust me...I'd get my hands on whatever the all black BDU boogeymen are toting. But that won't happen. Because we live the fat American life. People at "poverty level" have smart phones and cars.

Meanwhile African kids are wearing tire shoes, if they are lucky. and whatever they can beg borrow or steal.

Nobody believes in anything to be devoid of electricity, indoor shithouses, and Netflix.

I refuse to play the rigged game. I had like three or four guns to my name as a 21 year old, very much during the ban, and honestly my STG 58 got some mileage put on it (I miss that gun) but I was more worried about chicks, parties, travel, etc.

I don't support any bans but my whole world and life isn't going to end should it happen.

I'm at a point where IDGAF in general. I've been too inundated with the pissing and moaning on both sides of the aisle.

Because right now some dude is running naked on the beach in Barbados with not a care in the world and we're fretting over a BS election.

Dig on that.

soulezoo
08-05-16, 14:42
I'll just say I am comfortable with my level of preparedness. Could it be more? Sure. I'll bet I am still better than 99% of the public (and maybe 25% of here..lol)

And I've been going at it since '86... but really hard the last 5 years.

On edit: count me as part of the DILLIGAF crowd at this point. And I was running around naked in Kauai just a month ago :shout:

Korgs130
08-05-16, 15:28
I feel that I have what I need gun wise, so like others here I've been buying ammo (5.56mm,9mm), mags (AR & Glock), spare parts, LPKs, bolts etc. since the beginning of 2013. I set aside cash each month for the previously mentioned purchases. That said, I'm planning on grabbing a quality 308 AR sooner rather than later. I don't need it, but I do feel like it may be now or never.

Moose-Knuckle
08-05-16, 16:12
I'm planning on grabbing a quality 308 AR sooner rather than later. I don't need it, but I do feel like it may be now or never.

That is where I was at, but believe me they are drying up and prices are matching accordingly. I picked up mine after the Orlando shooting after being on the fence for a while about an AR-10.

Doc Safari
08-05-16, 17:40
Found this. I have commented where I can add what I know to the article.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/06/four-ways-president-hillary-clinton-will-work-to-end-gun-ownership.html

Four ways Hillary Clinton will work to end gun ownership as president

Clinton clearly indicated that she would appoint Supreme Court Justices who will allow gun bans.

I said this in an earlier post. With Scalia gone and one or more judges planning to retire, this could make new legislation unnecessary.

....her support in 1993 for a 25 percent sales tax on handguns. This is enough to add a hundred or more dollars to the price of a gun. Clinton wouldn’t say if she still supported such a tax, but she appeared to justify the proposal by talking about the costs of gun violence.

Do you think she no longer supports it?

...the new background checks that she keeps pushing will also make guns more costly and not make us safer.

I will try to find a specific link if anyone doubts this one, but I have heard repeatedly that one plan is to make background checks "indefinitely delayed", meaning when you fill out the 4473 and wait for approval, that approval will literally either take forever or will never come. All they need is a new regulation, or ruling, that the FBI can take as long as it wants to approve or deny someone a gun, and PRESTO!--no more gun sales to the public. Or at least the delay will make waiting for a Form 1 approval seem like nothing.

...Hillary also pushed the idea of making gun makers and sellers liable for guns which end up being used in crimes.

She will try everything to put the industry out of business.

ABNAK
08-05-16, 17:56
You know what gets me? Those bastards are salivating at the opportunity to re-send a gun case to SCOTUS to get Heller or McDonald overturned. Whatever happened to "settled law"? Oh that's right, it only applies when it's those hypocritical assholes' agenda like abortion. Can you imagine the overwhelming cries if a case like Roe v Wade was reheard? "Why, why, you can't do that! It's settled law! Waaahhhh!"

Sensei
08-05-16, 19:23
Sensei -

Pretty much right down the line with you on choice of Glock 17, AR, and ammo, EXCEPT I don't give a shit about 22LR, 45 ACP, 357 Mag, etc.

A couple questions if you don't mind:

1) Is your involvement in shooting strictly for 'business' (survival) or is there any recreational/sporting aspect?

2) Do you reload?

My thoughts: I adhere to the carry a gun that you will always carry train of thought, and that gun is an LCP. Unless I opt for something else IWB, it is always in my left front pocket. It does help that for some reason I really enjoy shooting the little SOB, so I keep 100 rounds of 90gr Hydro-Shok in the safe, and about 500 practice rounds on hand. I don't reload for this so I usually end up shooting 94-95 grain of whatever bulk pack is on sale. 6 mags.

I have also found that training with .22 at 10 cents a round saves about a nickel a round over what I reload for in 9mm; and about .12 a round over .223. Plus I don't have to worry about brass. It will take about 5,000 rounds to pay for the conversion for my Glock, I had already bought .22 pistols (1911 GSG's and S&W MP22's) for the daughters. They also have an AR service rifle trainer I built for them to share. I'm in the process of putting together a tacticool one for me.

I check online about once a month and buy bricks of CCI MiniMag or Federal AutoMatch if they are below .10 a round.

Slowly stocking up on reloading components.

If stuff gets scarce I'll train with .22 and keep the big stuff for later.

I compete as a means enhance my combat effectiveness. To put it in perspective, I have more Glock 17s than most people have teeth. I do not own a 22. I've not shot a 22 in over 15 years.

I'm just starting to get into reloading. However, I'm only loading precision rifle calibers as a means to improve performance.

Outlander Systems
08-05-16, 19:36
Dude at current prices, I'll shoot Tula through a Hi-Point and laugh at the .22 owners.

I compete as a means enhance my combat effectiveness. To put it in perspective, I have more Glock 17s than most people have teeth. I do not own a 22. I've not shot a 22 in over 15 years.

I'm just starting to get into reloading. However, I'm only loading precision rifle calibers as a means to improve performance.

Firefly
08-05-16, 19:53
carbine or pistol?

Because the carbine actually is fun to shoot

Outlander Systems
08-05-16, 20:06
Either or. I might pick one up and a couple thousand rounds of Tula considering its ~0.03 cents a round more than .22.

.22 has gone full-frontal lobotomy. When I can shoot 9 for, basically, the same price, I'd be doing myself a disservice by not picking up a HP and treating it like I'd treat Charlie Sweets: rough, cheap, and dirty.

carbine or pistol?

Because the carbine actually is fun to shoot

Firefly
08-05-16, 20:29
Seriously the Carbine. If I came up on a $99 one, I'd be thug lifin' it with Tula same as you.

I blame neckbeards and the internet for the .22 BS.

I remember entire bricks at Wal Mart. Now people have APPs to buy it up and resell it and gun shows.

Funk Dat!

Outlander Systems
08-05-16, 20:33
Dude, I haven't priced them in a minute. Considering the topic of this thread they'd be great for absolutely beating on when you're fresh outta ****s to give, and don't want to tear up something your life may depend on.

And there is a special, special circle of hell for all who are responsible for what's happened to .22. I fed my Single Six religiously on $12 550-round bricks. At current prices? Not. A. ****ing. Chance.

Seriously the Carbine. If I came up on a $99 one, I'd be thug lifin' it with Tula same as you.

I blame neckbeards and the internet for the .22 BS.

I remember entire bricks at Wal Mart. Now people have APPs to buy it up and resell it and gun shows.

Funk Dat!

Firefly
08-05-16, 20:36
Don't get me started on Single Sixes, SR 22s, and Ruger 10/22s.

They sit and go wanting here lately. And they are so fun too

Outlander Systems
08-05-16, 21:09
So with you.

I miss my Single Six. I've put off a 10/22 out of spite for .22 Dumbshittery.

FlyingHunter
08-05-16, 21:54
And while I dig "gear" as much the next guy, here's the truth:

Software > Hardware.

Take a class to learn more and become efficient.
Get your health and fitness in order.
Become active politically at the local level.
Take someone shooting that has never been.
Support the NRA, GOA, SAF, etc...
Build key relationships with like minded individuals.

elephant
08-06-16, 03:10
can I ask a question?

considering that it was leaked that the BATFE stores info on every gun owner in the US, would the appropriate coarse of action be to buy a firearm from a dealer where there is paperwork involved or perhaps buy from gun shows? I hate gun shows and even wrote a post about it a while back but truth be told, I go to them quite often just to see if there is something I want. I have seen a lot of people buying old Yugoslav rifles, Swiss, old SKS and wooden stock war rifles for the porpose of not having a paper trail and the cost of ownership. i have talked to a senator in Texas and he said it was inevitable, someday sooner or later, "assault rifles" and "high cap mags" are going to go away. Perhaps buying firearms and ammo would be just like buying class III items, a 2"x2" photo with fingerprints and a small fee to Uncle Sam followed by a wait time. Only time will tell, perhaps we will see a day where the M1 Garand will be the new "thing" to have.

What is more important before a Hillary Presidency? Guns or Ammo? What about having the items needed to build a few guns but separate from each other, as in you can assemble a gun from parts (ghost gun) with non serialized 80% lowers- which may as well be a felony in Hillarys eyes.

What is important now? hi cap mags? What can you do with them once there illegal to own?
Assault rifles? then again, what can you do with them once there illegal to own?
Ammo? Might see a huge increase in price as consumers rush to grab as much as they can before its taxed or a lengthy background check to buy it, and even if you own thousands of rounds, do you shoot it or save it?

Me personally, i think non FFL cash purchases on items like older guns like Tec 9's, S&W 5906's- things that people sell for under $400 would be a good investment- pretty much stuff nobody wants. Everyone wants a HK or Sig but an old 659 can be had for under $300 in most cases. I see a lot of AK's in gun shows, the owners claim they are Egyptian or Russian but cleary they are Romanian but for $500-$600, having 2-3 would be nice only if you had extra parts/furniture and mags.- That's where I'm at right now. Either buy brand new with receipt or buy older used, pay cash and no paper work.

Moose-Knuckle
08-06-16, 04:00
Pro-tip #2 in this thread.

Locate a LE distributor in your area. Find out if they sell firearms to non-LE/MIL/FD/etc. If they do get on a waiting list or frequent their showroom for police trade in G19s and G17s. For a little over $300 you can pick up one of the world's greatest combat handguns with little more than some holster wear. No reason one can't squirrel away two or four handguns here and there.

Iraqgunz
08-06-16, 05:21
A few points.

Ignorance will breed desperation. People who don't care about the election and or potential outcome, cool deal. I remember vividly the Clinton years and how the market went crazy and the stagnation of anything that was evil.

The anti-gunners have learned and progressed. You can bet that Hillary has people working with her to figure out the best way to choke the firearms market. People like Bloomberg who have dumped millions into local elections will be more emboldened with KorruptaKuntiglius in the house. The SCOTUS appointment(s) will have a long lasting impact on this country.

Whether or not some people grasp it or not, is something else entirely.

Benito
08-06-16, 07:27
Ah come on. She won't put ALL gunmakers out of business. She still needs guns for her bodyguards and to send to her Saudi and Muslim Brotherhood friends. And let's not forget about my Mexican drug cartel hombres. We still need gun me from the ATF, but I guess those can be procured from guns confiscated from American citizens.

If Hitlery doesn't get kicked out by revolution, America is finished. Period.

The argument that one shouldnt care because the ATF can't get ALL The guns is like arguing that we shouldnt care about Muslim terrorism or hoodrats doing home invasions because they can't possibly kill every last one of us.
You should care. A lot.

Turnkey11
08-06-16, 08:20
Ah come on. She won't put ALL gunmakers out of business. She still needs guns for her bodyguards and to send to her Saudi and Muslim Brotherhood friends.

That is why Heckler & Koch exists.

wilson1911
08-06-16, 08:37
Just because Hillary gets elected does not mean she is going to ban anything. What matters more is the dems not getting control of the house and senate. I personally like it when they have majority's by different party's. We do not get stupid things like obama care passed.

The really sad thing is that the repubs do not repeal any laws when they regain control....they just stack more shit on top of shit by both partys. After the last 4 years if your not knee deep in guns and ammo and mags, you have had your head buried in the sand.

It is a fact that it is only a matter of time before we have a real mass shooting like in europe.

If your a reloader, I would stack all your components ceiling high tho.

One thing to take into consideration is the state of the black market as compared to what it was before/during the ban. It's a billion dollar industry now.

JoshNC
08-06-16, 08:44

Software > Hardware.

This is true, to a point. What if the Jews under Nazi occupation had MP40s, mg34s, and MG42s and martial training such that they could have resisted the SS when they came to round them up? Instead, at most they had old pistols and maybe bolt action Mausers. Owning true military firearms levels the playing field.

R/Tdrvr
08-06-16, 09:03
A few points.

Ignorance will breed desperation. People who don't care about the election and or potential outcome, cool deal. I remember vividly the Clinton years and how the market went crazy and the stagnation of anything that was evil.

The anti-gunners have learned and progressed. You can bet that Hillary has people working with her to figure out the best way to choke the firearms market. People like Bloomberg who have dumped millions into local elections will be more emboldened with KorruptaKuntiglius in the house. The SCOTUS appointment(s) will have a long lasting impact on this country.

Whether or not some people grasp it or not, is something else entirely.

Especially if along with her becoming POTUS (makes me shudder just thinking about it), the dems take Congress.

BoringGuy45
08-06-16, 09:09
Especially if along with her becoming POTUS (makes me shudder just thinking about it), the dems take Congress.

Luckily, at this point, other than gaining a couple seats in the Senate, that's extremely unlikely to happen. Also, unless her first two years are among the most amazing, colossal, stupendous years we've seen in decades, I don't see Congress shifting to the Dems in 2018 either.

Phillygunguy
08-06-16, 09:12
Well I have what I have I been stocking up since 2007
But for a civilian like me. It's pointless. Registration then confiscation will be on Hillary's agenda they already know what we own thanks to the ATF . I might as well get a SW R8 revolver, another SKS and a DP12 shot gun

OH58D
08-06-16, 09:37
Regarding stocking up on handgun ammo (which I need more of), I have found that buying budget can be problematic and hit or miss in quality. I had bought larger quantities of the Remington UMC green box .45 Auto and 9mm. That stuff seems to have quality control issues with some rounds under powered, stove pipes, etc. Higher quality ammo is more expensive but more reliable. The good stuff requires more investment.

I read here and on other boards about using the Comm Block stuff like Wolf, Silver Bear, etc. I only use that stuff in AKs; not even in my ARs. For the AR I use Black Hills, Hornady or American Eagle/Lake City. Never liked the idea of running lacquered brass/steel in an AR.

ColtSeavers
08-06-16, 09:38

Software > Hardware.

While I agree, I also wonder, how does one improve their software with non existent hardware? Rather difficult to take a carbine class without a carbine for example. There's only so much you can do with a rubber gun look-a-like or thumb up, index finger extended and other fingers curled in 'gun'.

JoshNC
08-06-16, 09:52
One thing to take into consideration is the state of the black market as compared to what it was before/during the ban. It's a billion dollar industry now.

What are you basing this upon?

Benito
08-06-16, 10:04
That is why Heckler & Koch exists.

They're not the only ones. Glock too probably. Hitlery will use the alphabet soup agencies to enforce her edicts, and that will require some good old fashioned coercion.

While I agree, I also wonder, how does one improve their software with non existent hardware? Rather difficult to take a carbine class without a carbine for example. There's only so much you can do with a rubber gun look-a-like or thumb up, index finger extended and other fingers curled in 'gun'.

I was about to say the same thing.
Makes sense to pay for training when more guns can be bought at a later time. With the threat of Hitlery, the equation changes. Trump will still win, I hope and pray to Odin.

Korgs130
08-06-16, 10:32
That is where I was at, but believe me they are drying up and prices are matching accordingly. I picked up mine after the Orlando shooting after being on the fence for a while about an AR-10.

Moose, which AR-10 did you go with?

BoringGuy45
08-06-16, 10:46
Well I have what I have I been stocking up since 2007
But for a civilian like me. It's pointless. Registration then confiscation will be on Hillary's agenda they already know what we own thanks to the ATF . I might as well get a SW R8 revolver, another SKS and a DP12 shot gun

Yeah, but where are they going to get a large enough task force willing to turn against until-recently law abiding citizens? The military and police? Those people they've been throwing under the bus for the past 8 years? With the exception of New York and New Jersey, there would be a whole lot of "We searched and didn't find anything" among local cops sent to confiscate guns.

FlyingHunter
08-06-16, 10:52

For people on this type of forum, If you don't already have a solid inventory of hardware, you're not paying attention.

Phillygunguy
08-06-16, 11:04
Yeah, but where are they going to get a large enough task force willing to turn against until-recently law abiding citizens? The military and police? Those people they've been throwing under the bus for the past 8 years? With the exception of New York and New Jersey, there would be a whole lot of "We searched and didn't find anything" among local cops sent to confiscate guns.
Won't be local cops. It will be a federalised police force. I don't think they will go door to door, they will just make it where your AR AK and mags are neutered can't shoot anywhere, and if you use it in self defense let's say home invasion, they will make you into a bigger criminal than the person committing the crime

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

BoringGuy45
08-06-16, 11:16
Won't be local cops. It will be a federalised police force. I don't think they will go door to door, they will just make it where your AR AK and mags are neutered can't shoot anywhere, and if you use it in self defense let's say home invasion, they will make you into a bigger criminal than the person committing the crime

I don't think Hillary is going to be able to organize some national gendarmarie in less than 4 years. Plus, local cops already hate the FBI. How much do you think they'd cooperate with a new national police force?

Phillygunguy
08-06-16, 11:36
I don't think Hillary is going to be able to organize some national gendarmarie in less than 4 years. Plus, local cops already hate the FBI. How much do you think they'd cooperate with a new national police force?
I know that was Obama's plan, I figured she be continuing the same radical communist agenda. If she gets 8 years I think it's more likely to happen. As far as local cops, I'm sure more people hate the feds now that the let Hillary off the hook

KTR03
08-06-16, 11:37
Bought 100 pmags and never took em out of the box. Already have that many in rotation so these are investments.
Bought a 5 pack of stripped lowers.
Bought 20 more GLOCK mags, bringing me to over a hundred.
Bought 40 Sig 550 mags.

Switching to ammo now.

JusticeM4
08-06-16, 14:00
Buying stripped lowers now is a good idea. Also buying guns from private sellers to keep yourself less visible.

JusticeM4
08-06-16, 14:15

Not to keep this on politics, but Trump is making her look better in the general population.

Anyway, on with stocking up on your usual devices.

Falar
08-06-16, 14:19
Not to keep this on politics, but Trump is making her look better in the general population.

At this point just like the last 2 elections its clear we're in a steep nosedive.

The worst candidates continue to win because the majority of our country is now so stupid and lazy and easily brainwashed by media. At least if this continues and things get ****ed up bad enough we can reach a turning point that starts a movement akin to when we threw out the Articles of Confederation and get a nice Constitutional do-over.

MountainRaven
08-06-16, 16:51

I know that was Obama's plan, I figured she be continuing the same radical communist agenda. If she gets 8 years I think it's more likely to happen. As far as local cops, I'm sure more people hate the feds now that the let Hillary off the hook

If they're going to nationalize the police, there won't be local police. If they want want to take your guns, your local police will be federalized and then shipped off to police LA or NYC and the cops coming to take your guns will be cops from New York and California. They will be put up in military-style barracks to isolate them from the local population. Combined with coming from some place else and being chosen for having a mindset different from that of the locals, they will be isolated to keep them from sympathizing with the locals - and to keep the locals from sympathizing with them - so that when they pull you over, they're more likely to light you up. When they knock on your door at 3 in the morning, they're more likely to light you up.

They will want you to fight, to resist. And then they will put you down so hard that nobody else will dare to resist after seeing your towns leveled, your houses burned, and you and your families executed and dumped in ditches.

If they're smart.

This country is obviously suicidal, if the GOP is so stupid as to nominate Drumpf knowing that they would be going into an election against the Teflon Clintons.

Anybody else and I do mean anybody else, and Hilliary would lose in a landslide.

But no, the GOP's useful idiots had to swallow the media's byline on Drumpf hook-line-and-sinker.

Phillygunguy
08-06-16, 17:07
If they're going to nationalize the police, there won't be local police. If they want want to take your guns, your local police will be federalized and then shipped off to police LA or NYC and the cops coming to take your guns will be cops from New York and California. They will be put up in military-style barracks to isolate them from the local population. Combined with coming from some place else and being chosen for having a mindset different from that of the locals, they will be isolated to keep them from sympathizing with the locals - and to keep the locals from sympathizing with them - so that when they pull you over, they're more likely to light you up. When they knock on your door at 3 in the morning, they're more likely to light you up.

They will want you to fight, to resist. And then they will put you down so hard that nobody else will dare to resist after seeing your towns leveled, your houses burned, and you and your families executed and dumped in ditches.

If they're smart.

This country is obviously suicidal, if the GOP is so stupid as to nominate Drumpf knowing that they would be going into an election against the Teflon Clintons.

Anybody else and I do mean anybody else, and Hilliary would lose in a landslide.

But no, the GOP's useful idiots had to swallow the media's byline on Drumpf hook-line-and-sinker.
You sound like you're speaking from experience. If that's the case I might as well leave this country

MountainRaven
08-06-16, 17:22
You sound like you're speaking from experience. If that's the case I might as well leave this country

It's how countless empires have maintained control over disparate peoples for millennia. Perhaps the most recent being the Soviets.

Phillygunguy
08-06-16, 17:28
It's how countless empires have maintained control over disparate peoples for millennia. Perhaps the most recent being the Soviets.
Except there are more combat vets in this country than previous years. I think if they get a visit at 3 am there will be massive casualties on both sides

ABNAK
08-06-16, 17:54

Yeah well we're also the most heavily armed society in the history of the world. The Russian people were never armed like we are. You guys thinking things would be so one-sided amaze me. Certainly don't ever want it to come to that but the cutthroat shit would be epic and barbaric.....and well deserved.

If you feel that way give up now for the rest of our sake's so you don't get in the way.

Doc Safari
08-06-16, 17:57
Well, it's not going to be 1776. It will turn into Bosnia where people are being slaughtered wholesale.

Outlander Systems
08-06-16, 17:59
They won't do it.

The Constitution and sacred oaths taken will stop 'em.

Phillygunguy
08-06-16, 18:02
They won't do it.

The Constitution and sacred oaths taken will stop 'em.
Yeah " constitution"

ABNAK
08-06-16, 18:02
Well, it's not going to be 1776. It will turn into Bosnia where people are being slaughtered wholesale.

That was kind of my point. Chivalry, honor, and gallantry will take a backseat to treachery and barbarism. If that's what is wanted that is what will be delivered and I wouldn't weep a tear, i.e. if things got that bad the shitheads in this country (by virtue of who they willfully put into power) would deserve every freaking bit of what was coming.

Outlander Systems
08-06-16, 18:14
8 years of the Bush regime, and 8 years of the Obama regime have proven that, someone, somewhere, managed to figure out how to usurp Constitutional Restraint.

Supreme Law Of The Land = Whatever the political "elite" deem it to be...

Yeah " constitution"

Firefly
08-06-16, 18:27
8 years of the Bush regime, and 8 years of the Obama regime have proven that, someone, somewhere, managed to figure out how to usurp Constitutional Restraint.

Supreme Law Of The Land = Whatever the political "elite" deem it to be...

This.

We are but names, numbers, and taxpayers.

Uncle Sam needs more money because he wasted it on pennywhistles and moonpies.

He also needs your guns because you are dangerous and can't be trusted. But don't worry, he's got guys who will totally pass new laws once you get attacked in your own backyard again. For YOUR safety, of course.

And if WWIII or CW 2.0 touches off, fret not. He and his family will be 5 miles up and heading to an unknown location with fighter jet escort.

Because he's such a good leader.

Phillygunguy
08-06-16, 18:30
At this point I'm all for CW 2.0

Firefly
08-06-16, 18:32
At this point I'm all for CW 2.0

I'm not. Aint running from it, but not necessarily running toward it.

More people died at Antietam than the entire Vietnam war

Phillygunguy
08-06-16, 18:34

I should clarify. I'd rather have CW than my guns confiscated

Firefly
08-06-16, 18:37

Then yeah same.

And actually maybe not more than entire vietnam war but close to it. Like 20,000 men in one day

Outlander Systems
08-06-16, 18:37
Me either.

See also my post on Warlords. The Dope Man is bad enough with LE up his ass. I really don't want him running the show.

Outlander Systems
08-06-16, 18:41
Roger that.

I'll take my chances with internecine hell over Hitler's Germany, Stalin's Russia, Pol Pot's Cambodia, Erdogan's Turkey, or Hilligula's Amerikka.

Firefly
08-06-16, 18:44
Me either.

See also my post on Warlords. The Dope Man is bad enough with LE up his ass. I really don't want him running the show.

Yep. Imagine Africanization in your major cities. Render to Big Money or you suffer. Join Big Money or Trey Dope, but you better pick a side. No choice in the matter.

They ain't undergunned either. I've seen enough AKs, SKSes with extended mags, and ARs to know that the little dope pusher with a pocket rocket is very much small fish.

And Dope King, he don't live in the PJs. He's in a gated community with cameras everywhere.

Without the popo, he literally is one week away from running the show.

And if you a white boy, you ain't gonna have an easy time no matter how much FUBU you wear. Real Talk.

Phillygunguy
08-06-16, 18:51
Yep. Imagine Africanization in your major cities. Render to Big Money or you suffer. Join Big Money or Trey Dope, but you better pick a side. No choice in the matter.

They ain't undergunned either. I've seen enough AKs, SKSes with extended mags, and ARs to know that the little dope pusher with a pocket rocket is very much small fish.

And Dope King, he don't live in the PJs. He's in a gated community with cameras everywhere.

And if you a white boy, you ain't gonna have an easy time no matter how much FUBU you wear. Real Talk.
Agree with above, except it's going to be Big Juan

Firefly
08-06-16, 18:57
Agree with above, except it's going to be Big Juan

The Latin Americans don't jeehaw with the blacks as a whole. But a lot are former conscripts and can no shit get RPGs and LAWS rockets funneled from down south if need be. In fact, national infighting would place a big wide welcome mat on the border.

In fact, knowing what I know....I'd sooner literally be in the actual Yugoslav CW than US CW 2.0

Dig on that.

Outlander Systems
08-06-16, 18:59
https://www.yahoo.com/news/terrifying-video-shows-bullets-flying-134007168.html

Outlander Systems
08-06-16, 19:04
Absolutely. Big Juan is waaaaaaaay more organized if he's linked in with the Cartels.

While I ain't in Texas, this should wake people the **** up:

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/media_and_communications/2015/txGangThreatAssessment.pdf

Real Talk. If conditions in this country were ever to significantly deteriorate, you don't have enough friends.

The Latin Americans don't jeehaw with the blacks as a whole. But a lot are former conscripts and can no shit get RPGs and LAWS rockets funneled from down south if need be. In fact, national infighting would place a big wide welcome mat on the border.

In fact, knowing what I know....I'd sooner literally be in the actual Yugoslav CW than US CW 2.0

Dig on that.

ABNAK
08-06-16, 20:11

Here's some real talk for ya: if your stupid enough to be in the city, perhaps so. They ain't comin' out to the sticks where I live 'cause there ain't enough milk cartons to hold their pictures. Sho 'nuff.

ABNAK
08-06-16, 20:11
Absolutely. Big Juan is waaaaaaaay more organized if he's linked in with the Cartels.

While I ain't in Texas, this should wake people the **** up:

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/media_and_communications/2015/txGangThreatAssessment.pdf

Real Talk. If conditions in this country were ever to significantly deteriorate, you don't have enough friends.

Depends where you're at, don't it? ;)

Firefly
08-06-16, 20:25
Here's some real talk for ya: if your stupid enough to be in the city, perhaps so. They ain't comin' out to the sticks where I live 'cause there ain't enough milk cartons to hold their pictures. Sho 'nuff.

You do have a point. But some people have families. Some people simply cannot uproot on a dime. And those people are innocent.

Why should they be punished or allowed to be massacred simply because they got a decent job in an urban area?

Remember not too long ago people in Iraq fleeing the borders for being Christian?

It was on CNN. The old lady with the walker scrambling to helicopters was unnerving.

Some people just want a normal life. I know what I can do. But these other people, rightly or wrongly so, put faith in the military and police so they don't have to take up arms.

You know that. I can totally live in a shack in the hills, but yuppies, misguided though they may be, didn't directly sign up for lawlessness and warlords.

They are still human beings. What? Just let them get killed en masse?

Naw man. I don't like that line of thinking.

If you, as a soldier, as a paratrooper, can tell me you would abide such a thing then.....I just don't know.

I couldn't. And I don't even like to fly.

sadmin
08-06-16, 20:25
Im all for more ammo, mostly for maintaining skill. Im all for some additional magazines so current ones dont get worn out. Im more concerned with the free stuff army and lower socio-economic rung to start kidnapping, and robbing for food once the economy finally gives way. I guess my point is 1000 PMAGS, 50 ARs, 100 G17 mags, and 10,000 rounds is all pretty nullified if this is against you. Land, food/water supplies, shelter, fitness, med. training... those are areas I am allocating extra money for.

ABNAK
08-06-16, 20:31
You do have a point. But some people have families. Some people simply cannot uproot on a dime. And those people are innocent.

Why should they be punished or allowed to be massacred simply because they got a decent job in an urban area?

Remember not too long ago people in Iraq fleeing the borders for being Christian?

It was on CNN. The old lady with the walker scrambling to helicopters was unnerving.

Some people just want a normal life. I know what I can do. But these other people, rightly or wrongly so, put faith in the military and police so they don't have to take up arms.

You know that. I can totally live in a shack in the hills, but yuppies, misguided though they may be, didn't directly sign up for lawlessness and warlords.

They are still human beings. What? Just let them get killed en masse?

Naw man. I don't like that line of thinking.

If you, as a soldier, as a paratrooper, can tell me you would abide such a thing then.....I just don't know.

I couldn't. And I don't even like to fly.

I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I work in a city but am armed to and from work. I never said anyone deserved to be screwed (although being in a city they probably VOTED for it), I simply said the Mandingo Warlord might rule in his domain but he will be hog meat out here and I would chuckle at the feeding. That's all I was driving at. As far as "abandoning" the helpless inner-city dwellers to their new overlords, well.......at that point it's dog eat dog, no? We're talking a near-total breakdown here. I'm supposed to rustle up some kind of half-assed posse to "save" them? In those circumstances resources (however lame) are best used locally to protect that which brung ya. Color doesn't matter; intent does.

Firefly
08-06-16, 21:05
I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. I work in a city but am armed to and from work. I never said anyone deserved to be screwed (although being in a city they probably VOTED for it), I simply said the Mandingo Warlord might rule in his domain but he will be hog meat out here and I would chuckle at the feeding. That's all I was driving at. As far as "abandoning" the helpless inner-city dwellers to their new overlords, well.......at that point it's dog eat dog, no? We're talking a near-total breakdown here. I'm supposed to rustle up some kind of half-assed posse to "save" them? In those circumstances resources (however lame) are best used locally to protect that which brung ya. Color doesn't matter; intent does.

Or.....

We could advance to the rear, regroup, and retake the area through attrition and guerilla warfare.

Most hoods are 90% bluff and only 10% action and have to be in a pack to do anything.

I use Africanization as a term per how warlords operate in Africa. And how they would attempt it here if the opportunity presented itself.

But these all too American black gangsters freak out at the first sign of Roscoe getting his chest perforated. Seen it myself. Cut off the heads and make getting greased an all too real proposition and it can be done. It would be work, but doable.

They bitch about the police but also don't mind hiding behind them as well. Escorted many black business owners handling cash to be convinced otherwise.

I do apologize if you feel I mischaracterized you, and now that you have clarified your stance I do see where you were coming from. If they wanna play hoods, eff em. If they are innocents caught up, save em.

The only ones with any real resolve would be the Cartels. And that would be a tough nut to crack. That would be a war.

ABNAK
08-06-16, 21:10
Or.....

We could advance to the rear, regroup, and retake the area through attrition and guerilla warfare.

Most hoods are 90% bluff and only 10% action and have to be in a pack to do anything.

I use Africanization as a term per how warlords operate in Africa. And how they would attempt it here if the opportunity presented itself.

But these all too American black gangsters freak out at the first sign of Roscoe getting his chest perforated. Seen it myself. Cut off the heads and make getting greased an all too real proposition and it can be done. It would be work, but doable.

They bitch about the police but also don't mind hiding behind them as well. Escorted many black business owners handling cash to be convinced otherwise.

I do apologize if you feel I mischaracterized you, and now that you have clarified your stance I do see where you were coming from. If they wanna play hoods, eff em. If they are innocents caught up, save em.

The only ones with any real resolve would be the Cartels. And that would be a tough nut to crack. That would be a war.

Yeah but nationwide they'd be out of their element and waaayyy outstretched. Locally they could be an issue.

We're cool with the rest of it. ;)

Firefly
08-06-16, 21:17
Yeah but nationwide they'd be out of their element and waaayyy outstretched. Locally they could be an issue.

We're cool with the rest of it. ;)

Word, homie.

And yeah in clumps at border areas or hubs yeah. But nationally it would be a Waterloo.

I figure do the Fulda Gap spiel and airburst a few tac nukes over the border, get ahold of armor. Hold a definitive line and start cutting tumors.

It would take a while but fuggit.

Outlander Systems
08-06-16, 21:31
I'd merely suggest looking at precedents for what weak-state politics looks like for a taste of what might occur here.

Firefly is absolutely correct in seeing the parallels to "West African Politics." Central/South American "politics" might be another good example. Rural, peasant farmers don't fare much better than their urban peers.

I personally don't have 15,000 friends with illegal weapons and expertise in black markets.

I could be completely wrong, but should we find ourselves with an insolvent Federal Government, or some sort of domestic unCivil War, I think the magnitude of suck would be tooth-gnashingly, garment-rendingly bad.

I like that our next POTUS is going to do her best job of disarming us though, for our own safety, of course. It'll make the Dope Man/Cartel Lord's job easier in subjugating us all should things go south.

The Dope Man will absolutely not register his firearms.
The Cartel Kingpin will absolutely Molon Labe.
Mohammed's friends will gladly bring party favors.

But, you, me, and pretty much everyone on this board? *We're* the "bad guys." We need to embrace "common sense."

26 Inf
08-06-16, 21:44
I'd merely suggest looking at precedents for what weak-state politics looks like for a taste of what might occur here.

Firefly is absolutely correct in seeing the parallels to "West African Politics." Central/South American "politics" might be another good example. Rural, peasant farmers don't fare much better than their urban peers.

I personally don't have 15,000 friends with illegal weapons and expertise in black markets.

But I'll bet you have more than a few friends with this attitude:

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes, and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let NOT my last thought be, if I only had a gun. And Lord, if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass…

I wonder who actually wrote that.

Outlander Systems
08-06-16, 21:55
26, I don't know, but I support that message!

Firefly
08-06-16, 22:08
I always have the mindset that if I have to go to Hell, I'm not going alone.

I wish to leave this world the same way I entered it: Butt naked, kicking and screaming, covered in someone else's blood and surrounded by masked men

Outlander Systems
08-06-16, 22:11
Old man Firefly be like:

https://2982-presscdn-29-70-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/funny-pictures-history-get-off-my-lawn.jpeg

I wish to leave this world the same way I entered it: Butt naked, kicking and screaming, covered in someone else's blood and surrounded by masked men

26 Inf
08-06-16, 22:19

You should open a tee-shirt shop.

Myself, I want to leave like my grandpa did - Asleep. Not screaming like the people in the other car.

Moose-Knuckle
08-07-16, 04:34

Pretty much spot on.

I think in order for all US LE to be federalized we might see some economic collapse (pensions gone, salaries gone, benefits gone, starving family dependents, etc.) then like a beacon of light will come out of the clouds Hillary and her new government that will offer up a glimmer of hope via joining a national force. Gun confiscation will be sold as a life saving endeavor as a lot of people would have been shot for one reason or another in the aftermath of said economic collapse and they just have to stop it in the name of human rights, blah . . . blah . . . blah.

Just me spit balling . . .

Moose-Knuckle
08-07-16, 04:57
As far as the direction this thread has turned . . .

https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8181/28536354730_03a28dd078_b.jpg

As for urban/suburban infighting, Bracken seems to be a modern day seer . . .

Bracken: When The Music Stops – How America’s Cities May Explode In Violence

https://c6.staticflickr.com/9/8106/28206146773_612667d63f_b.jpg

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/bracken-when-the-music-stops-how-americas-cities-may-explode-in-violence/

ABNAK
08-07-16, 07:09

I could be completely wrong, but should we find ourselves with an insolvent Federal Government, or some sort of domestic unCivil War, I think the magnitude of suck would be tooth-gnashingly, garment-rendingly bad.

I like that our next POTUS is going to do her best job of disarming us though, for our own safety, of course. It'll make the Dope Man/Cartel Lord's job easier in subjugating us all should things go south.

The Dope Man will absolutely not register his firearms.
The Cartel Kingpin will absolutely Molon Labe.
Mohammed's friends will gladly bring party favors.

But, you, me, and pretty much everyone on this board? *We're* the "bad guys." We need to embrace "common sense."

That assumes that there is near-total compliance. Sorry, I ain't seein' it. Shit would go underground (figuratively and literally) real quick-like. "Nope, nothing to find here bossman. Show me that warrant and have a look. Oh, I saw this coming and got rid of them 'cause I'd NEVER dream of being at odds with Der Fuhrer's edict. I'm a good little citizen, comrade!"

As OH58 has said numerous times, it'd be like Prohibition. If you think no one got drunk in those days I've got beachfront property in Arizona to sell ya!

ABNAK
08-07-16, 07:13
As far as the direction this thread has turned . . .

https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8181/28536354730_03a28dd078_b.jpg

Love that one!

jwfuhrman
08-07-16, 10:59
Ive already ordered a couple of the guns id been holding off on simply because think I would have to use credit to buy them but with shit getting stupid I went ahead and did it. PARA FAL 16in, 1911,Glock 26(for fiancee), a G42 for me, a FDE Elcan 1-4 as Ive always wanted one after using one during a class

OH58D
08-07-16, 11:18
That assumes that there is near-total compliance. Sorry, I ain't seein' it. Shit would go underground (figuratively and literally) real quick-like.
As OH58 has said numerous times, it'd be like Prohibition. If you think no one got drunk in those days I've got beachfront property in Arizona to sell ya!
Unlike the European population, which has had it's government defiance bred out it over generations, a lot of Americans have a natural dislike for laws. We're unruly savages in the eyes of the rest of the world, and in the mind of many democrats. At the most basic level, look at the use of radar detectors in vehicles. American drivers like to have an edge against "the man". In 2010 I was in Sweden riding with a relative in his BMW when we rounded a corner and there was a policeman with a radar gun. My relative slammed on the brakes and avoided a citation. I explained our use of radar detectors and he was surprised at our use of technology against the government as private citizens.

I don't see direct registration and confiscation in the near future, but eventually it could happen. Who saw the Obama executive order placing gunsmiths under ITAR/Dept. of State coming? The people in the AK community who hire builders to assemble parts kits or thread muzzles are up in arms. This new fee/tax on gunsmiths is complete B.S. but an executive order is all it took. What's next? Heller getting thrown out at the Supreme Court level, thus determining the 2nd doesn't apply to individuals. Then the government decides to impose fees/taxes to regulate all aspects of gun ownership. Special ID cards after a background check to buy ammo (of course a fee or tax to get the card). Maybe a tax stamp to purchase a firearm and a long wait? This would destroy the firearms industry because it would take forever to take possession of your gun. They would say they're not violating the 2nd Amendment, just introducing "common sense" laws to keep America safe. You shut off or slow down the flow of new guns entering the system, then you turn your attention to what's already out there. That's their final solution. The question is how fast that final solution would be implemented?

Gun boards like this one and others will become ghost towns. A new form of communication will have to be created in the gun community to allow sharing of information and material. This ITAR order did not arrive in a vacuum. Feds have been focused on the gun smithing community and understood full well what has been going on with parts kits. Our own communications on public forums could be our downfall.

jpmuscle
08-07-16, 11:54
Fwiw I always thought it imprudent that certain forum sections on this site be open to public consumption absent meeting certain post count requirements or something. An exercise in total futility perhaps, idk.

pinzgauer
08-07-16, 12:17
Fwiw I always thought it imprudent that certain forum sections on this site be open to public consumption absent meeting certain post count requirements or something.

Even if not open it will be snooped upon if there is a doubt. The "Steel soldiers" mil vehicle site found that out when folks were using a two letter abbreviation to refer to their site. (In between RR or TT)

Never mind that term is long established slang for mil vehicles in the transport corps

My assumption is that m4c is already logged in entirety in PRISM or similar based on general subject matter alone, much less the GD ramblings.

OH58D
08-07-16, 12:23
Fwiw I always thought it imprudent that certain forum sections on this site be open to public consumption absent meeting certain post count requirements or something. An exercise in total futility perhaps, idk.
I understand that forums like this are a business. I would assume greater traffic is a good thing for the owner. GD used to require a 200 post minimum, and I guess it still does? Personally, I don't post a whole lot in the other sections because I already have a good collection of ARs; buying since 1988, and I have carried said weapon since 1978 when I was in basic. I do get some technical value though from the rest of this website, but I read a lot, not post a lot.

Falar
08-07-16, 12:25
I understand that forums like this are a business. I would assume greater traffic is a good thing for the owner. GD used to require a 200 post minimum, and I guess it still does? Personally, I don't post a whole lot in the other sections because I already have a good collection of ARs; buying since 1988, and I have carried said weapon since 1978 when I was in basic. I do get some technical value though from the rest of this website, but I read a lot, not post a lot.

Have you ever had any interaction from site staff about that?

Looking at the top of the page it seems like posting too much in GD vs the rest of the forums is frowned upon.

Even if not open it will be snooped upon if there is a doubt. The "Steel soldiers" mil vehicle site found that out when folks were using a two letter abbreviation to refer to their site. (In between RR or TT)

Never mind that term is long established slang for mil vehicles in the transport corps

My assumption is that m4c is already logged in entirety in PRISM or similar based on general subject matter alone, much less the GD ramblings.

Often wondered how much data is compiled on myself with all of the anti-government (not revolutionary, mind you but criticism) posts I've made on various forums over the years. Plus, I guess I fit their domestic terror profile since I'm over 30 and a disabled veteran.

ABNAK
08-07-16, 13:36
Okay, this is weird, Second time I've deleted this here because it was supposed to be it's own thread. Had nothing to do with the Hillary apocalypse per se.

OH58D
08-07-16, 13:39
Have you ever had any interaction from site staff about that?

Looking at the top of the page it seems like posting too much in GD vs the rest of the forums is frowned upon.

I don't come here to stir up shit or troll. I do like the exchange of varying viewpoints and I do learn things from other members. Even if I don't agree, I'm not going to be an ass. I'm a Reagan Conservative who enjoys a good debate, and afterward I can sit down with that person for Dinner and an Adult beverage and be civil, if they'll meet me half way. I worked Reagan's 1976 campaign as a Young Republican and I had dinner with him in a private home on 26 May 1976. I still have my picture taken with him that day and his autograph on my invitation.

I don't use the Equipment Exchange because I really don't need a lot in my arsenal of weapons. I have posted in the technical forums when I have had a question or issue, as well as in the NFA section regarding my SBRs. If I have technical issues, this forum is where I will come, and to enjoy that privilege, I remember that coming here is like being a guest in someone else's house. I mind my manners.

Outlander Systems
08-07-16, 13:56
OH58D,

You've never come across as anything other than a gentleman. I salute you, Sir.

Falar
08-07-16, 13:59
I don't come here to stir up shit or troll. I do like the exchange of varying viewpoints and I do learn things from other members. Even if I don't agree, I'm not going to be an ass. I'm a Reagan Conservative who enjoys a good debate, and afterward I can sit down with that person for Dinner and an Adult beverage and be civil, if they'll meet me half way. I worked Reagan's 1976 campaign as a Young Republican and I had dinner with him in a private home on 26 May 1976. I still have my picture taken with him that day and his autograph on my invitation.

I don't use the Equipment Exchange because I really don't need a lot in my arsenal of weapons. I have posted in the technical forums when I have had a question or issue, as well as in the NFA section regarding my SBRs. If I have technical issues, this forum is where I will come, and to enjoy that privilege, I remember that coming here is like being a guest in someone else's house. I mind my manners.

I most certainly wasn't looking to accuse you of anything, jsut curious because before I was able to post here I read alot of those stickies up there and it seemed like people who posted in GD more than technical were not welcome.

As someone who has been active in this forum lately I thought it wise to ask.

Firefly
08-07-16, 14:45
First off, not only is OH58D good people, he does bring a lot to the table. When he posts, I read it.

He is absolutely right about people taking it underground. I refuse to participate on TOS and the only time I lurk is at the KAC subforum.

There's a deep, dark web that can be encrypted and invite only where people can share info about technical questions.

We, as a community, got more games than Parker Bros. And we're not the only people like that. How many people like Diesel or Muscle Cars? EPA frowns on it. Lots of people would LOVE a new Toyota Hilux and it will never see US sale because we live in a free country.

Moose brought up another point, A lot of popo will look at Federalization as a good thing. Especially the new breed. More authority and more toys? Who wouldn't be on board with that?

And for every moral person who throws their badge away in utter disgust, there will always be a less moral person to pick it up.

They don't care about you. Don't care about your military service or if you policed umpteen years and got sick of it. All they know is that they get to wear a junior G man badge and get to keep their guns.

I've seen it. Some new guy gets a little authority and thinks he is now God and everybody is equally a criminal. From the little old lady who didn't wear a seatbelt on her way to church to the mad dog rape-killer. Everybody is equally bad.

And...I don't see people taking 2 steps back and chilling anytime soon.

I think what gripes my ass the most is that there are numerous legit problems needing to be addressed but they wanna screw with We The People.

It's like dorky Marvin Milquetoast who gets chumped on by everyone at work so he comes home and slaps his old lady and kicks his dog.

That's what the government is like now. Can't handle business so they take it out on us.

Outlander Systems
08-07-16, 14:59
OH58D =

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ae/49/9c/ae499c7743f630d1359793ef9151e761.jpg

Note the headgear...

:)

Firefly
08-07-16, 15:03
He likewise reminds me of Wild Bill. I can see him zooming in Nap of the Earth, wearing aviators, cowboy hat, and pornstache guns a-blazing and giving Cobra what for whilst shouting Yee Haw.

Outlander Systems
08-07-16, 15:10
LOL! Absolutely.

Here's the thing:

You bring up a salient point regarding the necessity of good, honest, professional police work. For every dude that resigns in disgust, there's some A-hole in line to fill his spot.

And if the left ever went full-on, hammer-down, nitrous-injected Mao, who's gonna run the rodeo?

Hint: not them.

They don't care about LEOs lives. They don't care about the "overnight felons" they've created. They don't give two shits about any of the ensuing shitshow that would occur. And for what, exactly?

If the intent is to "save lives" banning firearms, even the "scary" ones is NOT the answer.

He likewise reminds me of Wild Bill. I can see him zooming in Nap of the Earth, wearing aviators, cowboy hat, and pornstache guns a-blazing and giving Cobra what for whilst shouting Yee Haw.

ST911
08-07-16, 15:15
1) OH58D is indeed good people, and an asset to the M4C community.

2) The site's mission statement are clear. GD is a courtesy area to discuss content that doesn't belong in other forum areas. It's neither a coincidence nor an oversight that it's listed as the last subforum on the site. Participate according to its guidelines, but know it's not why most are here.

3) There is a "Site Questions & Comments" area for discussions such as these.

4) This thread is about the Hillary gunpocalypse, or some such thing. We now return you to that programming. Thanks.