PDA

View Full Version : Lake City vs American Eagle

TheNegativeOne
08-04-16, 20:15
American eagle? I think thats what its called. Anyway its the black box ammo from federal. My question is, is there any difference between the two? I did a search for xm193 and that stuff kept coming up. I also saw a bunch of it at bass pro and was just curious if anyone had info on it. Theres also a red box Ive seen, not sure what thats about either.

El Pistolero
08-04-16, 20:42
Both are commercial clones of M193 ammo. Loaded hot and fairly inaccurate (3 to 4 MOA in my experience). I would take Lake City over American Eagle, for no particular reason but I feel the LC is higher quality.

MegademiC
08-04-16, 20:50
Ive shot more of the black box AE than anything else. It's not accurate, but it's been 99.99% reliable, just had a ftf with it the other day. 1st issue since 2008 when I bought my 1st ar.

If you want accuracy, don't buy m-anything.

The black box 50 gr varmint is rediculous lyrics accurate for the price $8/20rds.

Hope this helps.

Edit, I have the ftf round still. I'll disect it and determine root cause and post back once done.

Iraqgunz
08-04-16, 21:04
Teachable moment. You have been here for over a year. Acquaint yourself with the site, and ye shall find an ammo section.

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?72-Reloading-amp-Ammunition