PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace Grips & Training in the rain

Hootiewho
09-03-08, 20:13
Has anyone done any training with the lasergrips in the rain?

Will they hold up to use in moderate to heavy rain?

I am attending a class this weekend and it is looking like it will be raining a good bit of the time. I only turn the lasers on at night, but if it is going to be nasty would I be better off just taking them off of my M&P and using the stock grips or will they survive the downpour on the gun?

Any one had bad experiences with the laser grips and water?

Any info, especially actual experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hootie

razors
09-03-08, 21:56
A good while ago i had a set on one of my Jframes....i was wearing the gun on a drift fishing trip and it ended up getting submerged when our canoe flipped. The grips still worked fine;).

ToddG
09-03-08, 23:05
Most LGs are not designed for significant immersion, but they can survive being out in the rain without trouble.

Hootiewho
09-04-08, 08:04
Thanks guys

John_Wayne777
09-04-08, 08:59
At worst you may have to clean the diode with one of the little q-tips that came with the CT lasers.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-04-08, 20:07
At a low light class I took with Hackathorn and Vickers it was demonstrated who a droplet of water can render a laser useless. Basically, the droplet on the diode diffuses all the light and that is about it until you clean it off. Not a big deal to me, but something to be considered.

RyanB
09-04-08, 23:42
I submerged an LG105 for nearly an hour in a pool, and after it dried and the diode was cleared and dried it ran fine again.