PDA

View Full Version : DD M4V7 mlok

awdxtc
08-05-16, 18:53
Was wondering if anyone got their hands on one and how you like the new rail.

Linebacker
08-05-16, 19:34
I have handled the rifle. The rail felt great and the rifle was very light. However, I am not a light barrel fan.

Averageman
08-05-16, 19:49
I have the original and I haven't seen the new one yet, but I am very, very happy with mine. BTW, I didn't get the LW Barrel.

Beat Trash
08-06-16, 09:25
I am patiently (well not really patiently) waiting for them to come into stock at a price that I'm willing to pay.

It is the next gun on my list.

awdxtc
08-06-16, 16:30
Tombstone tactical is out of stock but I was told they would have more soon, under $1400 shipped.

dirkmagurk
08-06-16, 19:12
I handled a DD 15" MLOK LW rifle and was very impressed. I'm not so patiently waiting for them to release a 12 or 13" version.

awdxtc
08-07-16, 20:20
I bet the lw is awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on one but I'm honestly considering a DD5V1.

johnking
08-08-16, 00:18
Any sharp edge? those Mlok cutting is sharp on Geissle rail

MrTwister
08-08-16, 17:47
I handled one of these at the shop and I liked it but I've already gone with the keymod setup. I bought the original DDM4V7LW years back and replaced the handguard this winter with the 15" BCM KMR.

Hank6046
08-08-16, 22:11
The new rail is very nice, I put 30 rounds through the new V7 on Saturday. I own the V5 and have been looking at replacing the rail for awhile now. I want to get my hands on the Centurion CMR MLOK and make sure it goes with the gas block, but I just might have to go with the DD rail when it becomes available.

awdxtc
08-10-16, 00:01
So you liked the new DD Mlok rail?

Hank6046
08-10-16, 05:39
So you liked the new DD Mlok rail?

I did. I'don't like to know what the price will be once available, I can only imagine it would be priced to compete with the KMR, which isn't bad. However, I also found that the new Centurion CMR rails are very comfortable, and might go that direction.

Briman1001
08-10-16, 06:50
Do you know if it's possible to switch out the old quad rail on a V5 with this new mlok rail without removing and using the stock DD barrel nut? Do they use the same mount? That would be cool.

Beat Trash
08-10-16, 09:21
Do you know if it's possible to switch out the old quad rail on a V5 with this new mlok rail without removing and using the stock DD barrel nut? Do they use the same mount? That would be cool.

I called Daniel Defense and asked the rep that very question as I own a pair of V5's. I was told that while the mount is similar, they are not interchangeable, so the barrel would have to be removed and re-installed. I was also told that the mounting system for the new M-Lok rail is actually a bit stronger than the quad rail used on the V5. And the V5's mounting system is robust as it is.

The need to pull the barrel is not a deal breaker for me personally. Once the DD Blok rails are available separately, I plan on picking up a pair of them.

I'm still trying to talk myself into the idea of why I need another AR, so that I can buy a V7.

Briman1001
08-10-16, 09:25
I called Daniel Defense and asked the rep that very question as I own a pair of V5's. I was told that while the mount is similar, they are not interchangeable, so the barrel would have to be removed and re-installed. I was also told that the mounting system for the new M-Lok rail is actually a bit stronger than the quad rail used on the V5. And the V5's mounting system is robust as it is.

The need to pull the barrel is not a deal breaker for me personally. Once the DD Blok rails are available separately, I plan on picking up a pair of them.

I'm still trying to talk myself into the idea of why I need another AR, so that I can buy a V7.
Thanks for taking the time to do that. Not the answer I wanted but now I know.

awdxtc
08-24-16, 15:51
Anyone got any pics of their new V7 rifles?

Hank6046
08-24-16, 22:21

There is one for sale down the street from my work for $1,450, I haven't seen DD's that low since Hillary announced that she was running, really want pull the trigger but I have other things that I am currently working on, but I completely understand trying to deal with the reasoning.