PDA

View Full Version : Tango Down Mag Release Problem

dmaxfireman
08-05-16, 19:26
I have TangoDown mag releases in my Gen4 G19 and G17 already and today just put one in my Gen4 G26.

50% of the time the mag release goes too far through the frame and gets hung up on the "push" side and needs to be pushed forward and in to manipulate. I swapped out all three of them and they only do it on the 26. The factory release performs just as it should. And, yes, it still gets hung up with a mag inserted.

If I push on the G19 and G17 releases from the "opposite of push" side they will come out just enough to hang up but the thumb rest guides it back in as you push on the release without hanging up.

Has anybody experienced this before? I measured the little tabs that stop the mag release from going all the way through the frame and the factory glock one measures about .3mm thicker than all 3 of the ones on the TangoDown releases.

Big A
08-05-16, 19:49
My one example of a G17 with it works fine. Are you sure you got the spring in the proper slot and not one of the holes?

dmaxfireman
08-05-16, 20:16
Yes it is installed correctly. My 17 works normally as well. I'm looking for somebody with experiences with a G26 Gen4 with the TD mag release.

dmaxfireman
08-07-16, 15:33
Just an update, tried all three mag releases in an older Gen4 26 with the same results. All my gen 4s are back to a factory release for continuity purposes, not because they did not work in the 19 and 17 frames.

Big A
08-07-16, 20:16
That is strange that it won't work properly in the G26.

A buddy of mine got the V/TD mag release for his G42 and said it would stick in the "release" position and not allow the fresh mag to seat and lock into place.

dirkmagurk
08-08-16, 00:10
I had this same issue using their mag release with my gen 4 G21.