PDA

View Full Version : P2000SK holster options

johnking
08-07-16, 13:23
Will P2000sk fit a P30SK holster ? I'm looking for Kydex holster or mold holster from some of the popular brands. Anyone has any suggestion? thanks

Kdubya
08-07-16, 20:20
Alien Gear has the P2000sk listed on their site. Not all that surprising, as they have the largest selection of any holster maker that I know of. I purchased a "combo" a while back for my G30s and have not been disappointed. I went with a Cloak 3.0 and their OWB. My search had come down to the Incog, Stealth Gear Onyx, and Alien Gear. I ended up giving AG a shot for the following reasons.

-The cost for the Cloak 3.0 and OWB Combo, two separate holsters, was almost half the price of just one holster from the other brands
-Turnaround time was also remarkably quicker (it took around a week or so from order to my door)
-Reviews are overwhelmingly favorable
-Customization for ride and cant of the Cloak 3.0 was just as good as the other options
-The specs for the Cloak 3.0 were pretty solid. They really put some thought into it.
*Neoprene backing that aids in both comfort and keeping moisture off the firearm
*The thin layer of steel sandwiched in the middle provides rigidity; allowing for easier re-holstering, but is also thin enough that it will conform to your body
*The material on the firearm side , I think called "Alien Skin", seemed to be both durable and tacky, but also does not cause issues with drawing and is not abrasive on the finish of the firearm
*As mentioned before, adjustability for ride, cant, and retention.
-30 Day Money Back Guarantee
-Free Shell swaps for life (if you change firearms, send them your shell and they'll send you one for the new gun for free
-Lifetime Warranty

Now that I've had it for a while, I can attest to the quality. Really, I had only bought the OWB one because it was just too good a deal to pass up on the Combo option. I'm glad I did, as I find myself using it quite a bit around the home, quick trips to the gas station, grocery, etc.

As for the Cloak 3.0 IWB, it's an excellent holster. Very comfortable. Conceals my G30s very well at about the 4 o'clock position. The ride and cant adjustments are great. Drawing and reholstering are very easy. Retention is perfect, and can be easily dialed in for one's preference. Simply handling it feels of quality construction. I've had no issues with durability. It still looks practically new.

For the money, I don't think it can be beat. It's no wonder why they have such a cult following. I'm sure there may be holsters out there that are a little nicer, but I personally cannot see any reason to abandon the Alien Gear. Good product, great price, quick turnaround, and a company that stands behind it 100%.

One thing I would recommend, as with any holster, is to keep an eye on the screws. I keep a little allen key in my vehicle just in case, and also make sure to check the screws about once per month to ensure they are snug. An alternative would be to use a little Blue Loctite; which I'll probably do in the near future just for some added piece of mind. I've not had an issue with screws backing and falling out, but have checked them a couple times and found that they seem to have loosened up a touch.

Good luck in your quest!

YVK
08-07-16, 22:59
I carry my 2000sk in holsters molded for my P30. Three different brands, all work ok.

johnking
08-08-16, 00:14
thanks, I will give those brand a look. Those HK, not much market in accessories.

SkiDevil
08-08-16, 05:25
I use a Blade-Tech, Galco, and just picked up a compact leather Askins holster from Midway.

That leather holster was nice and priced on clearance.

P2000 SK is an amazing little pistol. The P2000, P2000 SK, USP Compact, and P30 series will often be compatible in holsters, especially with leather.

You may consider the custom route too because there are many great holster makers around.

P.S. HK Pro forum has a section on holsters, worth checking out. It covers model compatability too.

multistage
08-08-16, 22:37
I use a Milt Sparks VMII. In my opinion, best holsters on the planet.

Top Gun Supply has them in stock. Molded specifically for your P2000sk. And many other makes/models.

jyo
08-12-16, 01:51
My favorite holster for my HK P2000 9mm is a Galco "Concealable" model---it's leather, sorry, but it's a great holster---haven't tried my P2000sk 9mm in it yet...

RioGrandeGreen
08-13-16, 23:26
I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for a P30 and it fits my P2K and SK.