PDA

View Full Version : HK 45 $799

Hart
08-09-16, 21:33
LGS selling HK45 or 45C in green or yellow (sand) for $799 plus tax, tag and title. Black only
not on sale. Regular pricing $1079.

Grab one or MEH?

arbninftry
08-09-16, 21:52
That's cheaper than Lipsey's, who is a wholesaler. They only have black. I don't know where they got the green or sand, unless they bought HK direct.
A pretty good deal, if you are looking for a HK.

Kenneth
08-09-16, 21:59
That is a good deal. I have an Hk45 and I wouldn't sell it for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Co-gnARR
08-09-16, 22:26
Yeah, seriously grab that. My 45c was $700 used and I got a price break on it.

dobe
08-10-16, 03:54
Great handguns, great price.

Nowski87
08-10-16, 07:28
I think we shop at the same place. Though I was lucky enough to find a green one unfired in the used section and saved another 100. Buy any one of them at that price you won't regret it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Arik
08-10-16, 08:01
There's one sitting in my lgs for $699. Been there for at least a month. Been tempted but I have a USP 45 and I don't feel like paying $70 per mag

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CDKJudoka
08-10-16, 12:26
$70? I pick up the mags for $45, since they work in my USPc45

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/178682/hk-magazine-hk45-45-acp-10-round-steel-blue

OP, I would jump on that in a heartbeat. My LGS is still selling them from over a grand.

Arik
08-10-16, 12:58
Ok $70 was exaggeration but definitely mid $50s. I've never seen them under $50 till you posted that link

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-10-16, 17:43
Amazing deal on a new gun

MountainRaven
08-10-16, 23:06
Ok $70 was exaggeration but definitely mid $50s. I've never seen them under $50 till you posted that link

You could wait for TGS to get them back in stock, too.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/h-k-hk45-full-size-.45-acp-10rd-magazine.html

($36.95/ea.)

noonesshowmonkey
08-10-16, 23:35
All these HK45 deals are making me PB&Jelly.

Hart
08-11-16, 11:47
Checked them out a little closer yesterday. They come with night sights, great trigger pull which seems to have a fairly short reset.

I suppose the choice is kelly green or tactical p**s yella. Just have to wonder who selected those colors. Probably the guy
that loads their mags for photo shoots?

arbninftry
08-11-16, 12:39
With night sights!!! If you got the cash, I would recommend getting on one. That is a great deal.

MountainRaven
08-11-16, 13:25
Checked them out a little closer yesterday. They come with night sights, great trigger pull which seems to have a fairly short reset.

I suppose the choice is kelly green or tactical p**s yella. Just have to wonder who selected those colors. Probably the guy
that loads their mags for photo shoots?

The yellow-brown color is RAL8000 and was the base coat used on German tanks from 1942 or 43 until the end of the war. (The tank crews were given camo paint and allowed to paint the camouflage patterns on their own tanks.)

So it has history. And H&K is using that color for all their 'FDE' firearms.

Hart
08-11-16, 14:20
I'll have to get back on the sights, has very bright tritium inserts front and rear. Don't know the manufacturer.

The "sand" color does look like it would make a great base coat if somebody wants to hit it with some camo.
Stand alone, it is almost hideous. Interesting that the color has a history as mentioned, makes it somewhat tolerable now.

Hope your not kidding about the color's history, I tend to be somewhat gullible you know.

Just noticed that these folks also are offering the same deal on their web site. I should NOT be cruising the web while at
work!

mcnabb100
08-11-16, 15:12
I'll have to get back on the sights, has very bright tritium inserts front and rear. Don't know the manufacturer.

The "sand" color does look like it would make a great base coat if somebody wants to hit it with some camo.
Stand alone, it is almost hideous. Interesting that the color has a history as mentioned, makes it somewhat tolerable now.

Hope your not kidding about the color's history, I tend to be somewhat gullible you know.

Just noticed that these folks also are offering the same deal on their web site. I should NOT be cruising the web while at
work!

I have seen some German tanks depicted in a similar color, still doesn't look any less fugly to me lol.

It is a good deal though, especially if you don't mind the color, or aren't afraid to paint it or have it cerakoted.

Talon167
08-11-16, 17:30
Definitely look closely at the sights. If you can visually see the inserts, they're probably Mepros. Otherwise they're probably HK's glow-in-the-dark sights... which will glow for like an hour or two (depending on how much light you throw at them) but then go dark again.

Regardless, $799 is a great price.

dobe
08-11-16, 17:33
The yellow-brown color is RAL8000 and was the base coat used on German tanks from 1942 or 43 until the end of the war. (The tank crews were given camo paint and allowed to paint the camouflage patterns on their own tanks.)

So it has history. And H&K is using that color for all their 'FDE' firearms.

In American it's called baby $hit yellow. But for that price, jump on it. I have two in black. Love the HK45.

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” China Fences In Its Nomads, and an Ancient Life Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times; July 12, 2015.

MountainRaven
08-11-16, 20:40

work!

Looked into it and I was wrong. Slightly.

RAL 8000 and RAL 7008 (the color of the frame on the FDE VP9s) were both used on vehicles bound for the Deutsches Afrikakorps from March 1941 to March 1942. RAL7008 was also used on the interior of German tanks for the duration of the war, even after it ceased to be used as a camouflage color on the exterior of the tanks.

"On 17 March 1941, it was ordered to paint all vehicles in North Africa a base color of Gelbbraun RAL 8000 (yellow-brown), with one-third of the vehicle covered by Graugrün RAL 7008 (gray-green), with feathered edges. To save paint, the areas covered by Graugrün were not to be covered with the Gelbbraun base color. Small items should only be painted in one color. On 25 March 1942, Gelbbraun and Graugrün were replaced by Braun RAL 8020 (brown) and Grau RAL 7027 (gray), once existing paint stocks were depleted, with no change in pattern.

"There are examples of vehicles in Europe in 1941 and 1942 with a two-tone pattern. The most likely explanation is that vehicles intended for North Africa, and painted at the factories, were re-routed to European units."

Link (http://www.panzerworld.com/german-armor-camouflage).

The_Watcher
08-13-16, 06:15
All of you with new HK45's sitting in your stores for $799 local to Atlanta? Would love to know who has them so I can go get one today!

badness
08-13-16, 06:18
i'd jump on it.....and get a green one.....full size...

Nowski87
08-17-16, 09:27
All of you with new HK45's sitting in your stores for $799 local to Atlanta? Would love to know who has them so I can go get one today!

Unfortunately not I know here in Florida Shoot Straight has the compact in green and tan new for 799

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JohnnyDollar
08-17-16, 21:20
I'm sure it's just my own prejudice but I think when it comes to sand and green guns we will be saying "What were we thinking?" In a couple of years.

MountainRaven
08-17-16, 22:55
I'm sure it's just my own prejudice but I think when it comes to sand and green guns we will be saying "What were we thinking?" In a couple of years.

We've been doing brown and green guns for a couple of decades, although they did largely die out after the introduction of the "Black Rifle". They rapidly re-emerged after the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq and their presence has only increased over the last fifteen years.

wayne1one
08-21-16, 10:33
Believe it or not, I got mine for $750