PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 RMR w/light....looking for a Sling Pack

SW CQB 45
08-10-16, 00:13
Have G19 Gen 4
Have NIB RMR RM06 3.25
Have SF X300U
Have spare G19 Gen 4 slide ready to go to L&M Precision for front serrations, refinish and RMR machine work (in about a week).

While I have a holster for range and conceal carry.....

I think I want a small durable sling pack that does not scream tactical.

I am looking heavy at the vertx edc transit sling pack or possibly the vertx etc essential bag, but they are pricey. I am sure they are quality.

While I am hoping to find a deal on one but before I throw plastic down......see if someone has already been down the same road before me.

My pack will mainly house the full house G19 listed above and 3-4 mags, extra knife, small light, batteries and small tool kit. Maybe room for a few extra items but nothing major as the main purpose of this bag is the G19 and ammo. This will be supplemental to my holsters.

I have searched here and there, Utube and Google and the only bags that I like are the vertx, but hoping there is one I have not seen.

I like the MOAB 6 but don't like all the exterior attachment points. I also like the sneaky bag nautilus but pricey too.

thanks in advance

tostado22
08-10-16, 07:30
For off duty time, I use an older Vertx EDC satchel and really like it. Even if I'm carrying on body, I keep the rest of my stuff in the bag. It just rides in the truck and goes with me if it seems appropriate. Makes a great laptop and daily business bag. If you're needing to carry anything more than a laptop and a few notebooks along with your "killin people stuff" I would look at something bigger. The vertx line seems to be well thought out.

aclawrence
08-13-16, 10:33
It would be much more tempting if they would include the holster and a mag pouch for free with the pack. It looks like a pretty slick system to me but the cost will add up pretty quick if you want to add some of the extras they offer.

SW CQB 45
08-13-16, 10:45
Well I got to handle some 5.11 bags and while I liked them possible for duty use, too "tac" looking for my intended purpose

I have large hands and my hand got stuck in the 5.11 MOAB 10 reaching in the gun pouch for a plastic Glock......sorta like getting your hand stuck in the cookie jar.

I ended finding a Grey Vertx Transit Sling bag for $102 shipped to me on eBay. I plan to order the cheaper Maxpedition holster and mag pouches as I agree the Vertx accessories are outrageous in price and reviews showed complications in set up and function.

I may also in the future seek out the EDC Essential Bag but for now......I hope the Transit is for me.

thanks for the info

Grip
08-14-16, 09:21
Gray 5.11 Moab 10.

Has molle, and a bladder carrier. Does not scream "tactical"

SW CQB 45
08-14-16, 11:31
Gray 5.11 Moab 10.

Has molle, and a bladder carrier. Does not scream "tactical"

I stuck a blue G17 with a TLR1 in the hidden compartment and got my hand stuck or actually snagged when trying to retrieve the pistol.

I would have got me a MOAB 10 if my hand did not hang up.

SeriousStudent
08-14-16, 13:11
I have been playing with one of these:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=971433&gclid=CKWfop-_wc4CFZKBaQodwxUAzA&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677562%2C&A=details&Q=

It's a Lowepro Streamline sling bag. The interior works well with Maxpedition and Blue Force Gear Velcro pistol accessories. Mine has a G19 with light, flashlight, blowout kit, and two TQ's. It has an elastic pouch for a 12-ounce water bottle on side. I also carry a boo-boo kit in the outside zipper pocket.

It screams "photo nerd" not "UrbanNinjaOperatingWarrior". I use it went toting my granddaughter around.

After all, what looks more normal that some old geezer carrying a camera bag, while accompanying a 3-year-old?

For $20 shipped, if it does not work for CCW, then it actually makes a great camera bag.

SW CQB 45
08-14-16, 13:20
that is cool.

I will get me one of those too!

thanks (ORDERED!)

SeriousStudent
08-14-16, 20:47
No worries, glad to help.

Camera bags can make good discreet carry platforms, thanks to them being ready to take Velcro attachments.

One thing that is both good and bad - they may make people think there is a valuable camera inside. Evildoers may therefore wish to steal it.

But you can also play that to your advantage: "Gee, I need to keep this valuable camera bag on my body at all times, lest someone steal it from me."

Life is about tradeoffs, sometimes.