PDA

View Full Version : ADCO BRAND barrels: Anyone have experience or knowledge?

Wanderz
08-10-16, 20:26
Hey M4 family!

I've seen an ADCO brand barrel for sale and was curious if anyone has a critique of these barrels?

Just to clarify, I do not mean variously manufactured barrels which have been WORKED ON by ADCO. I mean barrels made by ADCO, to my knowledge they were producing barrels to compete with the top dogs a few year back and that they have been discontinued...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :thank_you2:

Wanderz.

sinister
08-10-16, 22:32
I have a 16-inch ADCO chrome-lined mid-length. It actually left me with my mouth hanging open when I put 10 rounds of 77-grain Match into one hole at 100 yards with a 10 power scope.

Wanderz
08-10-16, 22:55
I have a 16-inch ADCO chrome-lined mid-length. It actually left me with my mouth hanging open when I put 10 rounds of 77-grain Match into one hole at 100 yards with a 10 power scope.

Thanks for the info Brother!
That's kind of what I've ben hoping to hear. The guy who has one for sale informed me that it's now his SHTF rifle and has outperformed his higher end build (taking into consideration all the nice equipment he has in his other builds). He also had explained that it is his most accurate 16" in 5.56 with Match

Again thank you for your insight, any other info or experiences you have had ( feel free to be as specific as you desire) with your ADCO barrel is welcomed and appreciated.

Cheers Brother!
Wanderz

Vash1023
08-11-16, 01:31
i live in NW Ohio and frequent ADCO for various purchases and custom work... Steve (owner/operator) has to be one of if not the most knowledgeable men i have ever had the pleasure of meeting when it come to anything relating firearms. especially machine work.

ive been a customer for over 10 years and would trust my life to anything made or worked on by ADCO...

Wanderz
08-11-16, 01:36
i live in NW Ohio and frequent ADCO for various purchases and custom work... Steve (owner/operator) has to be one of if not the most knowledgeable men i have ever had the pleasure of meeting when it come to anything relating firearms. especially machine work.

ive been a customer for over 10 years and would trust my life to anything made or worked on by ADCO...

I can really appreciate the level of respect and gratitude that you have for the company and I hope that sentiment is mutual on their behalf. I appreciate your candor Brother.

Thank you for your insight, I am sure to take note of that.
Cheers,
Wanderz

Wanderz
08-12-16, 15:20
:thank_you2:
Anyone else have any insight? Any and all information this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Team,
Wanderz.

sigguru
08-12-16, 19:34
I Have a 9 mm Barrel from Adco. Its the best 9 mm barrel I Have used. They are top notch. Its to bad i Never used a 5.56 barrel. This Will probably NOT help you in no way . Just my 2 cents

Wanderz
08-12-16, 19:40
I Have a 9 mm Barrel from Adco. Its the best 9 mm barrel I Have used. They are top notch. Its to bad i Never used a 5.56 barrel. This Will probably NOT help you in no way . Just my 2 cents

Hey Sigguru!
It does in fact help, though it may not be the same cartridge I am after, there seems to be a consensus about the quality of the ADCO brand barrels. I've got 4 people (on 3 different forums) who have stated that their barrels, given proper set up and match grade ammunition, have performed the best if not second best of all their set up's! Thank you for contribution Brother!

Wanderz

AFshirt
08-13-16, 13:30
I have two barrels that were cut and threaded by them. One is perfect. The other had a baffle strike on round 1. Had the barrel checked and the cut was 30 thousandths off of center.

Wanderz
08-13-16, 14:59
I have two barrels that were cut and threaded by them. One is perfect. The other had a baffle strike on round 1. Had the barrel checked and the cut was 30 thousandths off of center.

Hey Brother,
Thank you for this info, this is more of the conflict I was hoping to hear about. I've heard heard a lot of great things about them and I'm already considering sending 2 uppers their way to get worked on, but it's their shortcomings that I'm particularly interested in and what those shortcoming are specifically.
Where these barrel also manufactured by ADCO or from a different company?

Wanderz

QuickStrike
08-13-16, 18:47
Interesting...

Are their barrels available?

Vash1023
08-14-16, 01:30
Did they make it right? I've heard one or two errors but from what I hear they make it right if they mess up.

MegademiC
08-14-16, 12:47
Did they make it right? I've heard one or two errors but from what I hear they make it right if they mess up.

This. Did you contact them?

Wanderz
08-15-16, 20:20
Interesting...

Are their barrels available?

Hey Brother,
All I've seen on their website as far as ADCO made barrels are the 9mm barrels.
A 7.25", and a few shorties in 7", 5" and 4"..

Cheers!
Wanderz

markm
08-15-16, 20:37
I'm surprised to read good things about ADCO. I bought an ADCO custom cruiser years back. It looks like some high school kids ground down an FSB and rattle canned it. Then pinned the shit with roll pins. The fixed FSB is pinned with straight pins and is acceptable in appearance. I definitely wouldn't buy anything from them again. I still have the Upper, and it's functional.... just sloppy as hell under the hood.

JBhunter
08-18-16, 07:12
If the barrel in question is stainless they were made for ADCO by White Oak Armament. SDM, Recce, SPR profiles.
I had a gov't profiled chrome lined mid length from my first build, '05 timeframe, I believe they turned down HBAR's or had Rock River make them.
Not sure who made the 9mm barrels for them, have one of them as well.

Call them and ask.

08-18-16, 08:03
Plenty of ADCO horror stories out there; M4C has had them. I wouldn't send them sh-t when there are other places with better deserved reps.

cemoulton
08-20-16, 01:59
I have one of their Glock cut 9mm bolts I do not know if they manufacture it or just modify another companies bolt. But the firing pin channel is noticeably of center and when I received it the firing pin would lightly stick in the forward position. You can see why this would be a problem on any bolt but on a blow back it's just plain dangerous, and can land you in jail if it happens in front of the wrong person.

I called them and was told to just shoot it, it would be fine. I ended up chucking it up in the lathe and obliging the channel towards center. It works but it ain't right.

It may not be their bolt but i purchased it from them, in my mind they should have replaced it. I now choose to spend my money else where.

jsharp
08-20-16, 10:45
A few years ago before I knew any better I had ADCO install and pin a FSB for me then install that barrel onto an upper. The job looks 'ok' but the FSB is off enough that in order to get the rifle zeroed the rear sight is almost out of windage.

This is what prompted me to learn how to do more things myself...

linker711
08-27-16, 15:30
Interesting to hear bad things in the QC side of things about adco. I have used these guys for years on both parts and threading and they have always been meticulous to a fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanderz
09-24-16, 21:45
A few years ago before I knew any better I had ADCO install and pin a FSB for me then install that barrel onto an upper. The job looks 'ok' but the FSB is off enough that in order to get the rifle zeroed the rear sight is almost out of windage.

This is what prompted me to learn how to do more things myself...

Presently finding myself in that boat. Buying more tools and setting up a more efficient work table. I've since decided not to get the ADCO barrel. I've got this thread on a few other forums and the growing concern is coming out of the woodwork. I appreciate your insight..

Cheers Brother!
Wanderz