PDA

View Full Version : Haley MP2 Inserts & Mayflower UW Gen IV Chest Rig

BigSwede
08-14-16, 12:10
Will the Haley MP2 inserts work with the Mayflower GenIV chest rig as good as it does the D3CR? I know they say it works with other brands.

Wake27
08-14-16, 22:03
I don't know how well it works with the DCR but they definitely work with the Pusher chest rig. They're a little loose in mine, but I've never had an issue with them coming out and they're probably better in a dedicated M4 chest rig vs one that is designed to use multiple mags through inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSwede
08-14-16, 22:37
I don't know how well it works with the DCR but they definitely work with the Pusher chest rig. They're a little loose in mine, but I've never had an issue with them coming out and they're probably better in a dedicated M4 chest rig vs one that is designed to use multiple mags through inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWell the Mp2 inserts are made for the Haley D3CR. It has molle loops in the back of the pouch to index with the tabs on the MP2 inserts. I was curious if the UW gen IV has the same molle in the mag pouches as well. Im actually surprised it works in the pusher. Curious does it work with the 7.62 pouch inserts as well?

At the moment i am considering purchasing either the Haley D3CR or the Mayflower UW Gen IV. I grew to hate the bungee retention on my last setup and want to make sure i have a kydex lined primary mag pouch this next go around.

lawusmc0844
08-15-16, 12:18
I had a Gen IV but ended up selling it because each cell was very tight, as it if the rig was meant for USGI mags. PMAGs still worked but again very tight. I don't remember trying the MP2 inserts but I was able to squeeze ESSTAC KWYIs in them, and those are much harder to insert in my experience.

I recommend going with the D3CR-H. Better pouch layout in my opinion and much more versatile. With MP2 inserts retention is a little loose compared to dedicated caliber rigs but I can run both AK and AR mags of any type and have plenty of room to grab ahold of one unlike the extremely tight Gen IV.

BigSwede
08-15-16, 16:47
I had a Gen IV but ended up selling it because each cell was very tight, as it if the rig was meant for USGI mags. PMAGs still worked but again very tight. I don't remember trying the MP2 inserts but I was able to squeeze ESSTAC KWYIs in them, and those are much harder to insert in my experience.

I recommend going with the D3CR-H. Better pouch layout in my opinion and much more versatile. With MP2 inserts retention is a little loose compared to dedicated caliber rigs but I can run both AK and AR mags of any type and have plenty of room to grab ahold of one unlike the extremely tight Gen IV. Your the second person to recommend the D3CR H to me. When you say retention is loose do you mean just the extra slack in the pouch side to side? Figured with the mp2 inserts the retention would be the same wether it was in the standard or heavy pouches. Im sure tac reload insertion with the bigger pouch is very easy.

lawusmc0844
08-15-16, 21:19
Yes, there is more slack side to side and the mags will fall out without much effort when I turn the rig upside down and shake it. So far its not an issue but if I need additional retention I'll thread the bungees back on.

diving dave
08-16-16, 09:54
I'll second what lawusmc0844 says..I run a D3CR H also with the inserts. There is alittle "wobble" side to side, but I have yet to have an issue with that. The only thing that hasnt worked is steel 762 AK mags, they are a bitch to pull out. If I rock that rifle I switch to a different chest rig.