PDA

View Full Version : How many ARs do you own?

Skyyr
08-14-16, 19:52
How many ARs do you own? As AR-platform enthusiasts, I'm curious what the average ownership number is. I thought it'd be both fun and informational to put it into poll format.

Please keep your responses/counts to AR-15 and AR-10 platforms. Both small/normal frame (AR-15) and large frame (HK, LMT, KAC, etc) AR-pattern and AR-compatible platforms are ok. Semi-autos not based on the AR-15/AR-10 do not count (e.g. SIG MCX's and Ruger SR556's count as ARs, Bushmaster ACR's and FN SCAR's do not).

pingdork
08-14-16, 20:09
Only 3 for me at the moment. All basically set up the same. 1 gets shot a lot, the other two got zeroed and have HD/SHTF duty. I have been saving up for the BCM A4 clone to be #4

Got a couple spare barrels, bcgs and other assorted parts as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISiman/oh
08-14-16, 20:12
Two so far for me. One 18" set up for hunting/SPR use. One 16" set up with night sights and a light for HD use. Both get shot quite a bit. Will be adding a pistol in 300blk eventually for S&Gs.

Jwknutson17
08-14-16, 20:15
I lost all of mine in a boating accident this year, so I now have to vote none at the moment, but hopefully I will pick up one down the road.

LaserTag
08-14-16, 20:46
I've owned 6 with up to 4 at a time, but I've cut my collection down. I kept one of my custom builds and just bought spare parts. Had two 6940's, a PSA, and 3 builds.

If you've never built one you should. You'll like it more, save money, and learn how everything works and fits together. Downside is having to buy the tools.

larryp
08-14-16, 20:57
Only one at the moment. I just got back into ARs this last winter.

Benito
08-14-16, 20:58
Your IP address and posts are all being stored in an NSA database as we speak.
With that said, I own no AR's or any guns at all. A tragic boating accident claimed them all.

pingdork
08-14-16, 20:59
With that said, I own no AR's or any guns at all. A tragic boating accident claimed them all.

I'll need to go fishing in Nov

cop1211
08-14-16, 21:16

All 5 KAC Legacy limited edition rifles, tan,taupe,green,black,silver.
2 KAC Mod1's cut down 14,5's.
2 KAC Mod 2's keymod, 14.5,11.5
2 Kac SR15's, 16.1,14.5 with XMAS cheer rail.
1 BCM 12.5 Kino with custom fsp cutout/Spikes lower.
1 Noveske 10.5
I'll get the KAC Mod 2 with MLOK when funds are available.

Striker6
08-14-16, 21:35
3 for me.
1 10.5 SBR.
1 14.5 inch middy.
1 18 inch mk12 SPR

LaserTag
08-14-16, 21:50

Perfectly legal if you had 100's of them as it should be. Not a problem. I had some windows put in a rental and the owner told me he had 100's of shotguns. If you're legal so is your collection.

LaserTag
08-14-16, 21:52

1 Noveske 10.5

We're going to need pics of that. :neo:

LoveAR
08-14-16, 21:58
I lost all of mine in a boating crash.

brushy bill
08-14-16, 22:17
I lost all of my 4473'd ARs when my runaway boat crashed into those occupied by other members of this forum during a get together.

BoringGuy45
08-14-16, 23:19
Only 2 currently. Well, 1 full one. The other is waiting for the Form 1 to get the stamp (filed it last month).

Firefly
08-14-16, 23:46
A million.

Come get me.

But seriously, I do okay.

ColtSeavers
08-14-16, 23:55
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvPsANxo7tuBNs4Nu5Q3lIiICxjQxfng6Iojvz5nWs9ZUzDHaWsA

Falar
08-15-16, 00:14
A million.

Come get me.

But seriously, I do okay.

Yeah, the NSA comment has me laughing. I distrust the government as much as the next guy but man, they already know.

dsk
08-15-16, 00:45
I'm pretty sure the government is going to have a hard time figuring out where every single one of the 12 million+ legally-owned ARs are, even with all the 4473 forms that have been filled out. And as long as registration isn't required it will likely remain that way. But if they really wanted to know if I owned one all they'd need to do is follow the bread crumbs I leave every time I place an order with Midway or Brownells. That and I probably wouldn't be hanging out on an AR forum if I didn't.

Koshinn
08-15-16, 00:47
As they say in /r/airforce...

Nice try OSI.

Falar
08-15-16, 01:01
As they say in /r/airforce...

Nice try OSI.

Is that your version of CID?

Every time some old ass E4 would show up in our unit as a cherry (ostensibly due to reclassing or some other reason) we always called them CID and shunned them.

ColtSeavers
08-15-16, 01:04

Every time some old ass E4 would show up in our unit as a cherry (ostensibly due to reclassing or some other reason) we always called them CID and shunned them.

Yeah, Air Force's version of CID is Office of Special Ivestigation if memory serves from them raiding the air force barracks next to mine way back when for an ectasy drug ring.

Koshinn
08-15-16, 02:24

Yeah, OSI is the USAF equivalent of the Army's CID and Navy's NCIS.

user737425
08-15-16, 11:08
I have a 7.5" 5.56 SBR and an 8" 9mm pistol.

BFS
08-15-16, 11:24
Somewhere between more than I need and less than I want.

lazerblazer
08-15-16, 13:20
That's a coincidence because I have the same amount [emoji106]

sent from LazerPhone

dsk
08-15-16, 13:42
I'll tell you something. I think a lot of us wouldn't own nearly as many ARs if it wasn't for the perpetual threat of a ban. I had money that really needed to go into other things, but hearing the constant drumbeat from the ant-gun camp, and seeing how we stand to lose our collective asses this November I decided some things can't wait. I'm sure I'm not alone in my opinion.

Skyyr
08-15-16, 13:58

That's only of concern if you actually still have rifles. Multiple children and a new house will easily downsize that collection to nill/zero/nadda, as in my case. Why lose them when child expenses can simply make them vanish, lol.

That said, I'm living vicariously through the responses here, remembering a time when I dreamed of having a large movie-worthy arsenal.

Of particular note, though, is that it seems the majority of people here have 1-3. I personally thought 2-4 would be the most common answer, so it's interesting to see this play out.

daniel87
08-15-16, 14:58
Of particular note, though, is that it seems the majority of people here have 1-3. I personally thought 2-4 would be the most common answer, so it's interesting to see this play out.

for me 2-1 would make sense for rifles to people. this makes alot of sense

1 primary lower set up for the sbr and and reece and 1 spare lower set up for the dmr and precision uppers
for the ar, multiple uppers per lower

1 sbr
1 reece
1 dmr
1 precision

with a spare bolt and bcg and other spare parts you should be able to cover all the bases. you would then only spend time with two manuals of arms. one set up for regular and cqb. one set for dmr and precission. if you are set up right a spare upper can fit in many bags

with a spouse and children you really can use one rifle at a time so yiu could share the rest. that way you have less but each is made better

you
1 lower perhaps sbr and a reece upper

your spouse or friend
reece or sbr and a precision upper or such

kid
light weight rifle set up

am i making sense

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

MistWolf
08-15-16, 15:15
For me, the practical answer would be
1) 20 inch
2) 16 inch
3) Shorty pistol
4) Shorty SBR
5) 308 AR

Dionysusigma
08-15-16, 15:49
One 20" A2
One 14.7" M4gery
632 stripped lower receivers
1000+ complete BCGs
6000+ magazines
18 rounds of Tula

:rolleyes: I'm not sure what the point of this thread is...

JC5188
08-15-16, 16:06
5.56 DI carbine.
5.56 Piston carbine.
.308 DI carbine.

That way everybody can both love AND hate on me...depending which forum I'm on.

ETA...present forum excluded, of course.

Koshinn
08-15-16, 16:32
5.56 DI carbine.
5.56 Piston carbine.
.308 DI carbine.

That way everybody can both love AND hate on me...depending which forum I'm on.

ETA...present forum excluded, of course.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

iPhone

You'll find love and hate here too!

wildcard600
08-15-16, 17:02
I lost all of my 4473'd ARs when my runaway boat crashed into those occupied by other members of this forum during a get together.

Yes, it was a truly unfortunate turn of events.

Hopefully the 2017 M4C "Smoke on the Water" festival will not be marred by such tragedy.

Renegade04
08-15-16, 17:14
Currently, I have 44 AR-15s assembled, one AR-15 that is half way finished, one AR-15 lower waiting to be build into something, and one KAC SR-25 Match.

Kain
08-15-16, 17:26

I am in a similar situation. At least my rifles keep multiplying. I swear when I keep two or more rifles in the safe together a stripped lower populates in there after a while. Kind of like magic and then I watch it grow into a full rifle. Brings a tear to your eye.

Currently, I have 44 AR-15s assembled, one AR-15 that is half way finished, one AR-15 lower waiting to be build into something, and one KAC SR-25 Match.

So what kind of party are you going to have when you get to 50?

The_War_Wagon
Not counting the ones that sank in the boating accident, I'd still like to own more.

JC5188
You'll find love and hate here too!

Lol...prob so.

:)

Renegade04
08-15-16, 17:57
I am in a similar situation. At least my rifles keep multiplying. I swear when I keep two or more rifles in the safe together a stripped lower populates in there after a while. Kind of like magic and then I watch it grow into a full rifle. Brings a tear to your eye.

So what kind of party are you going to have when you get to 50?

Not sure. I thought that I was going to stop at 40, but that did not last. There are still a few configurations I have yet to build.

Hank6046
08-15-16, 18:29
3, well technically 2.5. I sold a upper I built and will drink the coolaid and get the BCM with the KMR, I am just debating on updating my Precision Bolt first

jsg67
08-15-16, 19:01
I'll tell you something. I think a lot of us wouldn't own nearly as many ARs if it wasn't for the perpetual threat of a ban. I had money that really needed to go into other things, but hearing the constant drumbeat from the ant-gun camp, and seeing how we stand to lose our collective asses this November I decided some things can't wait. I'm sure I'm not alone in my opinion.

this ^^^^

ccosby
08-15-16, 19:21
I have a good amount of ar's and one ar-10(I expect to add more ar-10 style guns in the future like a larue or lmt rifle). I'm not one for having multiple uppers for one lower, I'll end up building another gun. Most are range toys. I have a 16 inch middy a2 and a 20 inch a2 rifle for instance that I built to toy around with.

Past that I have guns setup for different reasons. A m12 style 18 inch gun for longer range, 20 inch rifles as I like how they shoot, sbr's for any real use.

For the main SBR's I have two. One that is used to train on and the other setup the same that would be the one I rely on if I ever needed to. I've shot out the barrel on the one I shoot the most before.

I have like 5 stripped lowers sitting in the back of the safe because of this. I have some spare bcm and sionics parts kits to assemble most of them as well(and some spare buffer tube kits). I did also form 1 an extra bcm complete lower because I had it sitting around and figured why not with 41f coming(this was right before it went into affect).

Pappabear
08-15-16, 20:10
The only thing kinda sorta keeping me tame is limited safes to store them in.

Kinda sorta

PB

pag23
08-15-16, 21:04
I went on a 3hr tour and this storm came along and sank the boat..that had my ARs on luckily I was picked up by this fishing boat.......

Benito
08-15-16, 21:23
Perfectly legal if you had 100's of them as it should be. Not a problem. I had some windows put in a rental and the owner told me he had 100's of shotguns. If you're legal so is your collection.

That's cute. This guy thinks he still lives in a Constitutional Republic of We The People. Take a glance at Kalifornia and what Hitlery has in store for us. Yesteryear's legal is today and tomorrow's public enemy #1.

Sterling Archer
08-15-16, 21:34
I've got two M&P15 Sport II's and soon will be putting together a precision build.

larryp
08-15-16, 21:58

I'm a vet with a CCW and a member of the Constitution party. I'm already on a watchlist or database somewhere.

LaserTag
08-16-16, 20:24
That's cute. This guy thinks he still lives in a Constitutional Republic of We The People. Take a glance at Kalifornia and what Hitlery has in store for us. Yesteryear's legal is today and tomorrow's public enemy #1.

No Benny, I don't. I think it doesn't matter what they know. It matters what the people would do. Everything you've purchased new is already registered... They probably think I have 10x what I actually do as everything I've ever purchased was through a FFL. I've sold at least 90% of that however. It's an expensive hobby but I like to try stuff and recycle the money to try something else. If you are worried about them I'd sell everything online so they see it and then buy second hand firearms off the books. Maybe keep a few to hand over if that's your choice. I like new, so I buy new, and I have no intentions of breaking the law to lose my God given...right.

Kain
08-16-16, 20:29
I'm a vet with a CCW and a member of the Constitution party. I'm already on a watchlist or database somewhere.

If you aren't on a list you're doing something wrong. Think is Mrgunsandgear said that. Though he could have been quoting someone. Needless to say, I am pretty much in the same boat. If you're on a gun forum your ass is on a list. If you are former MIL, LE, or have training you better believe your ass is on a list. My personal goal is to be the guy on the list, or on the list of guys that when shit goes far enough down the rabbit hole that they just say **** it and JDAM the place because they are too scared of trying to make entry because of what I might have. You've got to have goal you know. Lol. ;)

Benito
08-16-16, 20:30
No Benny, I don't. I think it doesn't matter what they know. It matters what the people would do. Everything you've purchased new is already registered... They probably think I have 10x what I actually do as everything I've ever purchased was through a FFL. I've sold at least 90% of that however. It's an expensive hobby but I like to try stuff and recycle the money to try something else. If you are worried about them I'd sell everything online so they see it and then buy second hand firearms off the books. Maybe keep a few to hand over if that's your choice. I like new, so I buy new, and I have no intentions of breaking the law to lose my God given...right.

I know, I know. Perhaps I should have used a smiley face to express that I was being facetious. I used to scoff at 80% stuff, but I am beginning to see the appeal.

JC5188
08-17-16, 05:06
The only thing kinda sorta keeping me tame is limited safes to store them in.

Kinda sorta

PB

Valid point right here...I have a general "gun problem", AR's being what I generally own the least of. I've already moved the muzzleloaders to the closet. [emoji53]

dante2
08-17-16, 07:21
If you aren't on a list you're doing something wrong. Think is Mrgunsandgear said that. Though he could have been quoting someone. Needless to say, I am pretty much in the same boat. If you're on a gun forum your ass is on a list. If you are former MIL, LE, or have training you better believe your ass is on a list. My personal goal is to be the guy on the list, or on the list of guys that when shit goes far enough down the rabbit hole that they just say **** it and JDAM the place because they are too scared of trying to make entry because of what I might have. You've got to have goal you know. Lol. ;)

I strive to be on the same list myself daily. LOL

Pappabear
08-17-16, 09:47
Valid point right here...I have a general "gun problem", AR's being what I generally own the least of. I've already moved the muzzleloaders to the closet. [emoji53]

Yea it just worsens when you love Shotguns, love to big game hunt, small game hunt , shoot .22.....

JC5188
08-17-16, 10:02
Yea it just worsens when you love Shotguns, love to big game hunt, small game hunt , shoot .22.....

Lol...yup. I have more 870's than AR's, as an example. I am a shotgun guy. Piss-poor with one compared to my dad and uncle, but I love them for their versatility. I think a fine shotgun is right below a fine woman. (And that's depending on the day).

Gunnar da Wolf
08-17-16, 10:18
The whole being a coy and demur member of the silent / polite majority is what has gotten us in this state of impending doom. I don't know how many AR style rifles I own as I'm too busy reloading and shooting to count them.

Benito
08-17-16, 11:24
The whole being a coy and demur member of the silent / polite majority is what has gotten us in this state of impending doom. I don't know how many AR style rifles I own as I'm too busy reloading and shooting to count them.

Valid point, but there's a lot more to what got us here than that. Billions of dollars from globalist elites looking to disarm people (except for their darling "migrants"), cultural Marxism, feminism, emasculation of males as per the globalist agenda, etc. But I digress.
Them boating mishaps are a bitch

carpnter
08-17-16, 15:45
I don't own enough.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jewell
08-17-16, 16:14

Yep. Kinda strange when you go into the VA b/c your back hurts, and they ask you if you own guns.

556BlackRifle
08-17-16, 16:55

If you are a Vet, current or former LEO, CCW, NRA member, vote Republican, Flag on porch, Pickup in the driveway, you definitely are on the list. :eek:

larryp
08-17-16, 21:41
If you are a Vet, current or former LEO, CCW, NRA member, vote Republican, Flag on porch, Pickup in the driveway, you definitely are on the list. :eek:

All the above. I'm screwed, lol.

daniel87
08-17-16, 21:44
i have ccw and a approved form 1. even though i dont have it yet im on a list[emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

556BlackRifle
08-18-16, 02:40
All the above. I'm screwed, lol.

You and me both brother. ;)

Pappabear
08-18-16, 08:51
I've always figured anybody that is a serious stamp collector is on top of "the list", because those are the evilist of gun folks.

Bluto
08-18-16, 08:55
Not many, but I'll probably have a bunch more after my diving trip to the lake this weekend!

sasquatchoslav
08-18-16, 09:28
Was up to 8 mix of DI and piston, but am now down to 2 old trusty DI's and will keep it there after selling off several this year. Hunting is my true passion and while I've had a blast over the years with AR's and they are more than capable to put meat in the freezer I simply prefer my bolt action rifles and Hoyt for bow season.

rapomstage3
08-18-16, 18:42

1 Noveske 10.5

You bastard!!

rapomstage3
08-18-16, 18:46
I have four. Two are Kac lowers. Vero beach is my favorite. Mine are well rounded.
14.5" 5.56
11.5" 5.56
9" .300 blk
16" .22
Got my bases covered. Sr 25 acc incoming.

cemoulton
08-18-16, 19:08

This many.

daddyusmaximus
08-18-16, 19:25
A 16" 5.56 RECCE type, and a .300 blackout SBR. Gathering parts for a .308 AR.

scooter22
08-18-16, 19:43
Anybody want to donate one? I'm fresh out.

Pappabear
08-18-16, 19:54

This many.

I like the picture of your family. Nicely done. As its been said, a picture is worth 1000 words. If you feel like showing the collection , I imagine all eyes are good with that.

PB

jpmuscle
08-18-16, 20:03
Anybody want to donate one? I'm fresh out.
What's an AR? I thought this was a forum to talk about feelings and veganism?

PatrioticDisorder
08-18-16, 20:08
I've always figured anybody that is a serious stamp collector is on top of "the list", because those are the evilist of gun folks.

I'd love to see a poll of people showing how many stamps they have, curious to see where I stack up. I have 6 AR's but I'm not even sure what my exact stamp count is, I'm a little over 20 I think.

HMsailor
08-18-16, 22:58
one 6920 556
building Aero SBR 556
planning Armalite 308

TacMedic556
08-19-16, 18:45
Personally just 3.
6920 5.56 setup with ACOG and basically as an M4
10.3" MK18 (DD upper on a Colt Lower)
SPR chambered in 6.8 SPC II

HMsailor
08-19-16, 19:42
Personally just 3.
6920 5.56 setup with ACOG and basically as an M4
10.3" MK18 (DD upper on a Colt Lower)
SPR chambered in 6.8 SPC II
all you need is a SASS in 7.62

cemoulton
08-19-16, 21:22
Forgot to quote

cemoulton
08-19-16, 21:24
I like the picture of your family. Nicely done. As its been said, a picture is worth 1000 words. If you feel like showing the collection , I imagine all eyes are good with that.

PB

Thank you. I just picked up another 9mm AR and I'm ordering a pws mk114 mod1 upper to go on that AR pistol as soon as I can find one in stock because the pistol is fun but kinda...um ya.

sigguru
08-20-16, 08:01
I have more than 10. I just picked up the AXTS MI556. It might be my favorite now.

quino171
08-24-16, 19:19
Here are my ARs. A lot of Troy. I know, I know. But they gave a great discount at my old unit on them.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160825/987f42ca32c73a4010233c36c44f2f53.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

HMsailor
08-24-16, 19:53
ne
Here are my ARs. A lot of Troy. I know, I know. But they gave a great discount at my old unit on them.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160825/987f42ca32c73a4010233c36c44f2f53.jpg

whats wrong with troy? just picked up a troy mrf 10incher.

quino171
08-24-16, 19:53
ne
whats wrong with troy? just picked up a troy mrf 10incher.
That is the one on the left. Lol. A lot of troy hate. The uppers seem to fair better than the while rifles. There is a thread about the XM177 and the review from one was not good.

Wolfpack45
08-25-16, 13:04
I am a little confused as to why someone would join M4Carbine.net when they have no plans on getting an AR. ??? That's like me joining a knitting forum. Don't plan on doing that or buying the stuff, but why not talk with knitters and learn cool knitting stuff. :confused:

dsk
08-25-16, 13:52
I am a little confused as to why someone would join M4Carbine.net when they have no plans on getting an AR. ??? That's like me joining a knitting forum. Don't plan on doing that or buying the stuff, but why not talk with knitters and learn cool knitting stuff. :confused:

I am on a couple of car forums, and there are members there who don't even own the specific vehicle in question or else sold theirs a long time ago. Some folks just want to be a part of the crowd, I guess.

BatteryOperated
08-25-16, 14:17
I think I know why 2 Ar's is a popular choice. The shooter thinks he/she has bought a quality rifle, and after reading M4carbine.net finds out that the AR is only mediocre. A new top tier rifle is then purchased as a replacement rifle, and the original obtains a beater gun status. :cool:

quino171
08-25-16, 18:51
I think I know why 2 Ar's is a popular choice. The shooter thinks he/she has bought a quality rifle, and after reading M4carbine.net finds out that the AR is only mediocre. A new top tier rifle is then purchased as a replacement rifle, and the original obtains a beater gun status. :cool:
Lol. Good logic.

rapomstage3
08-25-16, 19:01

I wish it was that easy for me. I threw my crap away and it was Kac and Bcm from there forward. Got expensive. Still is. I love every minute. My wife does not.

jwfuhrman
08-25-16, 20:08

16in Complete BCM 300 BlkOut as a "DMR" and hunting gun
12.5in Complete BCM SBR as my go to gun
11..5in Colt 6933 - Large pin lower

Working on a 4th, a BCM M4A1 Block II clone

BrigandTwoFour
08-25-16, 20:46

Four are 5.56, one is .308

16" BCM Lightweight KISS carbine
16" Frankengun (BCM guts, Centurion lightweight barrel)
20" Gov't BCM A5/DMR Configuration
18" Lightweight field rifle (Faxon 18" gunner, Rainier guts) <--this one is in progress

The 308 has been sitting unfinished awaiting a barrel and guts, I just haven't been motivated to finish it. I have my eye on branching out to other platforms (AK, Tavor, etc), but I've considered throwing down for another .308 receiver to build up a 6.5 Creedmoor some day down the line

dsk
08-26-16, 13:41

I have two 6920s, and quite literally one of them is just a spare. I would never have considered wasting money like that if it wasn't for the threat of a ban. I only have one Makita cordless drill, but I don't care because if it ever fails years down the road I know I can always go to the hardware store and buy another one. So you can thank people like Chuck Schumer and Diane Feinstein for making the AR as popular as it is. There would probably be less than half as many out there if it wasn't for them.

Hank6046
08-26-16, 14:27
Not just beater gun status. My first rifle was a DDV5 and still remains my go to gun. The second rifle was a build, and I think I learned a lot about how all the working parts of the rifle move together. My 3rd is a nostalgia gun that brings me back to my time in the military. All of my rifles have different gas systems and barrel lengths, which also makes them unique.

slowrx
08-26-16, 16:05
I have owned as many as 10 and as few as 2. Right now Its 4 and only have plans for maybe 1 more. AAC MPW9, 11.5 BCM sbr, Daniel Defense V11 SLW, and a bushmaster patrol carbine that is carried at work. If I add one more it will probably be something magnified and possibly in a larger caliber.

KeithTexas
08-27-16, 23:46
Eight

HMsailor
08-28-16, 09:23
3. no sense in having two identical ARs thats why i sold my other OEM1.
AR15 MK18 type 5.56 for close range
AR15 M4 type for mid range
AR10 M110 type 7.62 for long range
maybe add a 300blkout sbr upper in the future for variety so then i will have 3&1/2 ARs.

multistage
08-29-16, 22:46
I've only got one. A plain Jane one.

My Colt 6920 isn't exactly stock, but neither is it some "range operator" gun. It deserves a more proficient owner.

But I expect I'll keep it.

Guitarman
09-08-16, 21:32
I "own" one, a Colt 6920 (big surprise). However, I more regularly use my "company rifle", a DD shorty. Getting paid to shoot other people's ammo out of other people's guns? Yes, please!

Pappabear
09-08-16, 22:34
I "own" one, a Colt 6920 (big surprise). However, I more regularly use my "company rifle", a DD shorty. Getting paid to shoot other people's ammo out of other people's guns? Yes, please!

A DD shorty is big time for a service rifle. Well done to your Dept.

PB

cdclpc
09-08-16, 22:54
I have owned as many as 10 and as few as 2. Right now Its 4 and only have plans for maybe 1 more. AAC MPW9, 11.5 BCM sbr, Daniel Defense V11 SLW, and a bushmaster patrol carbine that is carried at work. If I add one more it will probably be something magnified and possibly in a larger caliber.

I have a DD V11 SLW. Thought I was getting an LW until I got it home and realized what I had actually bought. Being my second AR, I wish it were my first. I'm sure other brands are equal or better, but it's a damn well built piece