PDA

View Full Version : More UN futility

Falar
08-15-16, 10:19
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/rampaging-south-sudan-troops-raped-110950155.html

First, I don't even know why anyone wants to bother with these 3rd world shit holes. I love the UN's "we're just here to watch some atrocities" stance on seemingly anything they send "peacekeepers" to.

I can't believe there are US politicians who believe in this organization and talk about it like we need to defer to them on ANYTHING.

Averageman
08-15-16, 11:37
I'm a big fan of kicking the UN out of New York and turning the building in to the Largest Super WalMart ever.
I also don't see a need for foreign relations or assistance with some booger eating, mud hut living, third world rapists either.
Pull our people out and do a nice bombing run and bring everyone home.
Raped by 15 Soldiers...?

Alex V
08-15-16, 12:19
When I was working on Lexington and 41st it would take me an additional hour or more to get home when the UN General Assembly was in session. The NYPD would barricade off the two central lanes of 42nd st from the East side all the way West to the Lincoln tunnel effectively turning it into a one lane each way street. That sucked a lot. I don't work in NYC anymore, but hell yeah, kick em the hell out.

I was cool seeing all the blacked out vans driving buy. Not sure which delegation it was but one of them had a black SUV in front back with all the windows rolled down and you can see guys in full kit sitting in the seats with what looked like SBRs or some PDW type weapons.

Arik
08-15-16, 13:41
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160815/998486341dc82cf5ae0a805b748419d9.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

glocktogo
08-15-16, 14:10
Seriously, is there a more worthless organization in the world?

Falar
08-15-16, 14:12
Seriously, is there a more worthless organization in the world?

No. You have to wonder how much resources we pump into this shit show annually.

It can only happen in my dream world but cutting that shit to zero (along with virtually all foreign aid), ending entitlement programs, cutting some alphabet agencies would do wonders for our federal budget.

Big A
08-15-16, 14:19
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.mandatory.com/media/2012/11/un-involved-africa.jpg

223to45
08-15-16, 14:24
turning the building in to the Largest Super GUN store ever.
s...?

fix it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

T2C
08-15-16, 16:01
Unwilling & Non-committal. We need to sever our ties with the U.N. It is too costly to the U.S. with little or no results due to poor U.N. leadership.

soulezoo
08-15-16, 17:19
The biggest UN success was the Korean War. That should say all there is to say.

The_War_Wagon
08-15-16, 17:25
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.mandatory.com/media/2012/11/un-involved-africa.jpg

I wouldn't say UN-involved. I mean, they're on per diem while there, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Benito
08-15-16, 22:09
You have to understand that the UN is like a sacred cow to Leftists, much like the EU, Che Guevara, etc. They know nothing about it, but damn it they know that it just feels good to virtue signal support for it.

eodinert
08-16-16, 12:48
I've been working UN contracts off and on for a few years. Recently I was in Mali, on a convoy with security provided by Chadians (working under color of the UN). One of the vehicles in the convoy struck a mine, and were were stopped, dealing with the mine strike. My partner went to talk to the Chadian that was leading the convoy about route selection. A Chadian soldier brought his AK to bear, pointed it at his face, and moved the selector lever to the fire position. Just as my partner was about to take a 7.62 round to the face, another Chadian tackled the aforementioned soldier, and disarmed him. I watched 'African Justice' being issued (He was being beaten) to the rogue soldier as my partner returned to our vehicle. We found out later the soldier in question was drunk/stoned.

Because we reported the incident, we had to be evacuated 'for our own safety'. There was a very real threat of retribution. We were sent to a French Camp. The French commander told us he spends more time dealing with Chadians inside the wire, than with terrorists outside the wire. The UN/Chadian forces have had several armed standoffs with French forces... inside the camp.

The Chadians are ****ing animals... and the UN won't get rid of them, because it would cost too much to replace them, and nobody wants to replace them...and, I think they are worried about retribution if they try to replace them.

I'll spare you my verbal tirade about the UN itself... but the previous assessments are spot on.

HeruMew
08-16-16, 14:09
Sadly, I have pretty under-the-know of this.

But, I know I find something very irking for me when I get a third of the way through the article and realize I have been gritting my teeth for the last few minutes.

This is wrong on so many levels, and goes against everything that Organization is supposed to stand for.

While I think Isolationism is a long needed policy to return; if we're going to be involved in crap like this, send in a couple Apaches and clear that crap out.

Yes, an exaggeration. But if these factions saw the War Horse that is 'Murica riding in to make them pay for their treacherous acts, I have a feeling that many wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of American War Tech after seeing that we'll do more than: "Ehhhh-Ummmmm-Okay---- We gunna make a call..."

Firefly
08-16-16, 15:46
The UN doesn't really do anything.
It's kind of pointless.
If you can take down blackhawks and murder 15 Rangers then you don't need our help is how I see it.

T2C
08-16-16, 16:20
]The UN doesn't really do anything.[/B]
It's kind of pointless.
If you can take down blackhawks and murder 15 Rangers then you don't need our help is how I see it.

I wouldn't say they don't do anything. They waste vast amounts of U.S. resources and cause us tremendous political headaches.

Firefly
08-16-16, 16:29
I wouldn't say they don't do anything. They waste vast amounts of U.S. resources and cause us tremendous political headaches.

Well, I worded that wrong. Perhaps I should say that they don't accomplish anything, use us as the world police, then whine about how "mean" and "unilateral" we are.

I would LOVE for the UN to be out of US soil and for that messed up Python statue to be modified into a 2" Detective model.

Seriously, that statue irks me so

Moose-Knuckle
08-17-16, 03:12
If for some reason the universe aligns, a virgin unicorn is sacrificed, and Trump wins . . . I'd really like to see him add John R. Bolton to his cabinet and get us the hell out of the globalist organization and kick them off our shores.