PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6933 - School me

USMC03
10-12-06, 23:12
School me on the Colt 6933.....

Best price and best place to get them (I'm a LEO and can do letter head for an individual Officer, etc), what process needs to be taken (I've done a SBR, but it was on a gun that I already owned, never done one through a dealer), etc.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Bryson
10-13-06, 00:03
Clyde Armory (http://policeguns.com/2006/cart.cfm?CFID=5257&CFTOKEN=46843280&id=prodview&ProductID=5701) has a whole bunch of them coming. I'm not aware of anywhere else to get them, but if anybody else has them I'm sure it would be Specialized Armament (http://www.specializedarmament.com/).

I'm not aware of the procedure for doing things with letterhead for LEOs and such, so as far as you're questions go I'm about out of help. :)

rob_s
10-13-06, 03:27
I'm not sure that letterhead is going to make a difference since the ban is over and the 6933 is a limited production firearm. I believe the only dealer selling them is Clyde Armory.

Since it is already an SBR the "maker" is Colt and you don't have to enrave the lower. The transfer is identical to a silencer transfer.

I have one from the last batch and am on the list for the next batch. If my local public range allowed SBRs I probably wouldn't own anything else.

RyanB
10-13-06, 06:25
Rob, he ought to be able to get a much better price on the gun with letterhead. For instance, I don't believe officers have to pay the Federal Excise Tax on guns (11%).

And he can write it off as a work expense.

Specialized Armament--expensive, but I believe they have a good LE discount. Ken knows his stuff.

Bryson
10-13-06, 13:13
If my local public range allowed SBRs I probably wouldn't own anything else.

Why would they not?

rob_s
10-13-06, 18:55
Why would they not?
Do a google search for Ken Jenne and guns. He was the idiot sheriff on 20/20 telling everyone how the sunset of the AWB was going to bring about mas pandemonium and proceeded to fire a full auto AK and tell the public that this is what they can now expect to see on the streets.

He is in charge of our only public range.

rob_s
10-13-06, 18:59
Rob, he ought to be able to get a much better price on the gun with letterhead. For instance, I don't believe officers have to pay the Federal Excise Tax on guns (11%).

Specialized Armament--expensive, but I believe they have a good LE discount. Ken knows his stuff.

I agree, I'm just not sure how many dealers are going to be getting them, and how much they're going to be willing to dicker on a high demand item like this.

But then my only dealings with letterhead deals were back during the AWB so that was the biggest reason we dealt with them back then.

kel
10-13-06, 23:15
School me on the Colt 6933.....
Best price and best place to get them

***Phoenix Distributors.

USMC03
10-14-06, 08:19
***Phoenix Distributors.

SAW doesn't carry the 6933 and I found out about Phoenix and called them. They will only sell the 6933 to a Department.....no individual officer purchases from what the woman told me.

If you know different or know a point of contact, please pass that info.

Thanks,
Jeff

Redfisher
10-26-06, 19:52
You can try JBArms. (Howard or David)

IIRC, he or they were the original source of the 6933, and I just recently saw an ad he had for them.

Id did not list a LE rate, but you can check them out or give them a call

LINK to Advertisement (http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976633370.htm)

Contact information---> http://www.jbarms.citymax.com/page/page/871645.htm

usmcvet
11-27-11, 12:37

Letterhead might help open the door for a sale from some companies but FET still needs to be paid on an individual officer purchase. Some folks have been known to play a little loose with that rule but the tax is only waived for a government entity not a government worker.

rushca01
11-27-11, 13:19
Holly thread resurection, this might be a record! Bumped a thread from 2006.....:D

Eurodriver
11-27-11, 13:27
I know! I haven't seen Jeff post on here since I sold him some index clips a few months ago.

usmcvet
11-27-11, 15:24
I know. I know. I almost didn't respond but didn't want to let miss information slide. I am looking out for my buddies here on M4C!

I was using the search button! I want to find the best deal on a 6933. I've seen some trade ins and new guns but the price difference is only $300. Trying to see if I can improve on the prices I've seen. About $1500 new and. $1200 used/excellent.

11-27-11, 17:02
Clyde Armory; $1299. I consider the 6933 to be one of Colt's finest weapons and I know there are others that think as I do. Drop on a nice DD rail, stock of choice, optic, and PEQ-15 and it is a formidable weapon. Don't forget the BFG sling; I like to use a DD QD point for where sling mounts in front.

Oh yeah, you'll soon get addicted and want another. Trust me. Also, an excellently weighted and balanced weapon that women can generally handle.

usmcvet
11-27-11, 17:11
You calling me a woman or a girlie man! :D

Clydes price us excellent. Is that new? I have a 10.5" LMT & 11.5" BCM. I love 'em both just have an itch for a 6933.

scottryan
11-27-11, 17:56

Yes they do.

Only government agencies are exempt from FET.

Iraqgunz
11-27-11, 19:09
You Sir, have won a free bumper sticker for the Necropost of the Year award on M4C. Send me your address.

Letterhead might help open the door for a sale from some companies but FET still needs to be paid on an individual officer purchase. Some folks have been known to play a little loose with that rule but the tax is only waived for a government entity not a government worker.

lethal dose
11-27-11, 19:31
Don't do it! It's a trick! Seriously, though... this is the most epic necropost I've ever seen on m4c.
You Sir, have won a free bumper sticker for the Necropost of the Year award on M4C. Send me your address.

usmcvet
11-27-11, 20:16
I just might have to change my avitar to a photo of my new bumper sticker on my truck. :p

Bret
12-24-11, 14:30
I'm thinking about buying a 6933. Does anyone know what the markings on the reciever are? Does it say LEO only? Is it marked 5.56 or 223Rem? I have a 6520. Is there anything else different about this rifle (other than the barrel lenght and receiver markings)?

Iraqgunz
12-24-11, 16:36
1. http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Colt+6933+images

2. If you are concerned about LEO markings or caliber markings I suggest you stay away from it. I fail to see what difference it makes.

I'm thinking about buying a 6933. Does anyone know what the markings on the reciever are? Does it say LEO only? Is it marked 5.56 or 223Rem? I have a 6520. Is there anything else different about this rifle (other than the barrel lenght and receiver markings)?

Bret
12-24-11, 20:57
1. http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Colt+6933+images
FYI, I searched the internet and found some information, but there is far less on this model than others. I did find that the exact combination of parts seems to have changed over time with the barrel length staying the same. I thought perhaps someone here might be able to supply some additional information. If you don't want to be helpful, then fine. However, there's no need to be a smart alec.

2. If you are concerned about LEO markings or caliber markings I suggest you stay away from it. I fail to see what difference it makes.
There is no concern. The difference it makes is that I like to know what I'm buying before I put my money down. Would I change my mind because of what is written? No, but I'd still like to know.

Iraqguns, I'm mainly a collector more than a shooter, so the details have more meaning to me than they might to most people. If you like to think of yourself as such a highly professional operator that you can't be bothered with such trivial details, then simply don't respond.

Iraqgunz
12-24-11, 21:23
A Colt 6933 being an SBR has no collector value regardless of how it is marked. What would make it "collectible" would be something that is limited edition or possible faulty markings or special configurations.

I have never seen any deviation with 6933's over the years.

FYI, I searched the internet and found some information, but there is far less on this model than others. I did find that the exact combination of parts seems to have changed over time with the barrel length staying the same. I thought perhaps someone here might be able to supply some additional information. If you don't want to be helpful, then fine. However, there's no need to be a smart alec.

There is no concern. The difference it makes is that I like to know what I'm buying before I put my money down. Would I change my mind because of what is written? No, but I'd still like to know.

Iraqguns, I'm mainly a collector more than a shooter, so the details have more meaning to me than they might to most people. If you like to think of yourself as such a highly professional operator that you can't be bothered with such trivial details, then simply don't respond.

Bret
12-24-11, 21:33
A Colt 6933 being an SBR has no collector value regardless of how it is marked. What would make it "collectible" would be something that is limited edition or possible faulty markings or special configurations.
I'm a collector in the sense that I like to aquire a variety of firearms, not in the sense that I'm looking for something that has a higher value because it is an unusual variation.

usmcvet
12-24-11, 22:42
I've always disliked the LE only Markings and I'm a cop and was during the ban years. I always felt it was unfair for LE/Military to have hi caps when the public could not. That said the 6933 is what it is. Colt has come out with some interesting stuff lately. I'm thinking about the M4 markings/roll mark on one of their new models.

rcpd34
12-25-11, 09:30
Have you looked at the 6945? Pretty neat gun.

http://clydearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/l/clyde_armory_colt_le6945.jpg

Bret
12-25-11, 16:42
It looks like a nice rifle, but it would cost me over $500 more and weighs more. The 6933 is at the top of my price range when the stamp, sales tax, and transfer are included.

Bret
12-29-11, 19:10
I bought a LE6933 "Commando" at Clyde Armory in Athens, GA today. It's has a Rogers stock and does not have the LEO only markings. It was nice getting to fondle it, but now the wait begins.