PDA

View Full Version : Small arms for Afghanistan forces...

Slater
08-18-16, 13:16
Is the M16A4 their principle rifle these days?

http://www.dsca.mil/sites/default/files/mas/afghanistan_15-55.pdf

CRAMBONE
08-18-16, 14:18
Depends on which entity. I still see plenty of AKs with MOI and cops. ANA/MOD usually has, from what I've seen, M-16s and M4s.

ETA: I can't believe we are still giving them sooooo much hardware. I guess when you keep "losing" rifles they have to,be replaced somehow.

caporider
08-18-16, 14:30
Depends on which entity. I still see plenty of AKs with MOI and cops. ANA/MOD usually has, from what I've seen, M-16s and M4s.

ETA: I can't believe we are still giving them sooooo much hardware. I guess when you keep "losing" rifles they have to,be replaced somehow.

Ostensibly, since this is a FMS, we'd be selling them the equipment... Of course, where the funding for the purchase comes from is anyone's guess.

SteveS
08-18-16, 15:18
Ostensibly, since this is a FMS, we'd be selling them the equipment... Of course, where the funding for the purchase comes from is anyone's guess.
Seems the idiot U.S taxpayer have bottomless pockets.

Falar
08-18-16, 15:30
Surely none of these are being paid for by US Tax Dollars and none of them will ever fall into the wrong hands.

CRAMBONE
08-18-16, 15:33
Well since Afghanistan's GDP is about 10% of their yearly expenditures, or somewhere there abouts, I'll go out on a limb and say foreign entities are covering the cost.

soulezoo
08-18-16, 15:44
Well since Afghanistan's GDP is about 10% of their yearly expenditures, or somewhere there abouts, I'll go out on a limb and say foreign entities are covering the cost.

And we say they are dumb.

Averageman
08-19-16, 09:54
I would sooner drop a burlap sack full of frag's in to the Chimp enclosure at the zoo than to arm these Mopes.
Poo throwing Chimps with frags? What could go wrong?

Benito
08-19-16, 22:39
WTF meng!!???
Those full auto assault rifles were supposed to go to me and my Mexican drug cartel esses.
Damn Gringos be stealing our shit.

daniel87
08-19-16, 23:18
opium??

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

_Stormin_
08-20-16, 06:40
The bulk of the $12.9 billion in aid to Afghanistan—$9.95 billion—went towards spending on military and security assistance to arm and train Afghan military and police forces.

What, you think we were building schools, wells, and toilets? We give them money, they turn around and give us back our money to buy weapons. The same thing happens in numerous countries around the world. It isn't new...

Dienekes
08-21-16, 19:06
Wouldn't it be simpler to just go out in the parking lot and set the damn money on fire?

Firefly
08-21-16, 19:13
They'll be sold off for AKs Achmed made in his basement in Pakistan.

If they were DPMS, I wouldn't be upset