PDA

View Full Version : A scalarworks story

rapomstage3
08-18-16, 19:06
It was June 17th 2016 the Friday before Father's Day. For about a month I was hiding money to buy a scalarworks/mro combo. All was going well till I messed up a credit card payment so I wasn't able to buy the combo. I had to resort to buying the optic from a different vendor and the mount from scalarworks. This worked out good because the mount was on sale for $125 I think. So I actually would end up saving money. So I get home from work and the mount isnt on sale but the combo is. Shit. So I send a message to them on face book. Nothing. I call them, (it's 7pm on a Friday). They pick up and I start to explain my scenario and he says Glenn? He knew who I was because he did respond to my Facebook message and he emailed me a discount code for the mount. I played the dad card as I have 4 kids. I just felt like this was the coolest thing ever. He didn't need to do anything or even pick up the phone. I wish I remembered his name but I can say that things like this are what will make people customers for life. Btw I just bought another combo 100% from them. Even at full price it's a solid deal. In an industry with so much negative I just wanted to share something positive. Sorry for the long story. If this is the incorrect section please move. Thanks.

Rogue556
08-18-16, 22:37
Good to hear their customer service is as good as their mounts. I have a scalarworks mount for my T1 that I ordered directly from them and of all the red dot mounts I've used it's easily my favorite mount. Hopefully they'll eventually come out with a 30mm and 34mm mount. I was skeptical at first but really like the QD screw they use on their mounts.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

sublimeon24s
08-19-16, 10:57
Scalarworks is awesome. I have their LDM lower 1/3 paired with a T2 and its fantastic. The mount looks great, is rock solid, and the screw system makes easy on / easy off a breeze. I also had a great experience with their customer service when I was initially in the market for the mount

Duffy
08-19-16, 11:08
It's always good to hear anther successful customer care experience. The formula is really simple, it no longer baffles me that many companies get it wrong, their hearts are simply not in the right place. If profit is your priority and compass, your actions will betray these, in my opinion, flawed values.

Bean counters and penny pinchers should never be put in the position of handling public relations and customer care, it isn't in their nature to understand customer care is about and for the customer, not doing the minimum for them to go away. People are not numbers and objects, and don't appreciate being treated like them.

Koshinn
08-19-16, 12:29
It's always good to hear anther successful customer care experience. The formula is really simple, it no longer baffles me that many companies get it wrong, their hearts are simply not in the right place. If profit is your priority and compass, your actions will betray these, in my opinion, flaws.

Bean counters and penny pinchers should never be put in the position of handling public relations and customer care, it isn't in their nature to understand customer care is about and for the customer, not doing the minimum for them to go away. People are not numbers and objects, and don't appreciate being treated like them.

You need to become CEO of Cox or Time Warner or Comcast. Set them straight.

Duffy
08-19-16, 13:54
Above and beyond service is expensive, every customer deserves and is entitled to it. I'd cost Cox and TW money, they'd fire me for it, that the customer base is happy would be immaterial to them.

JG007
08-19-16, 20:21
You need to become CEO of Cox or Time Warner or Comcast. Set them straight.

I hate getting screwed by Cox, it happens constantly

LoveAR
08-19-16, 20:26
On the subject of customer service...I saw this story recently. Read all of it.

http://www.richmond.com/business/local/article_33825783-d315-507e-8811-a018b088faab.html

rapomstage3
08-19-16, 21:42
On the subject of customer service...I saw this story recently. Read all of it.

http://www.richmond.com/business/local/article_33825783-d315-507e-8811-a018b088faab.html

Gonna need the Clift notes for that one.

Duffy
08-20-16, 07:45
It's a good story that talks about one of the winning formulas: happiness. A happy company with happy employees have plenty of it to spare and is manifested by the way the company deals with folks without, since it's the way it deals with folks within. Make your customers happy as a matter of course, and good things will follow without you trying.

Here we see the results of a company that doesn't put profit before all else.