PDA

View Full Version : Best lower parts kit/lower build

heijutsu
10-13-06, 12:35
So I am going to build my first AR, I have owned several and I think that this will be the best way to get the most for my money. I have already decided on a POF 16" upper and am in the process of getting one of their new machined stripped lowers. So my questions is what is the best lower parts kit and trigger out there? I know that I don't want a 2-stage trigger, I want something that is basically bullet proof and reliable. Should I order the parts and install myself or is it better to send the lower off to someone that will put it together for me? And what company would that be? I hope you guys can help.

C4IGrant
10-13-06, 13:05
So I am going to build my first AR, I have owned several and I think that this will be the best way to get the most for my money. I have already decided on a POF 16" upper and am in the process of getting one of their new machined stripped lowers. So my questions is what is the best lower parts kit and trigger out there? I know that I don't want a 2-stage trigger, I want something that is basically bullet proof and reliable. Should I order the parts and install myself or is it better to send the lower off to someone that will put it together for me? And what company would that be? I hope you guys can help.

I would just get the lower from Frank with the lower parts installed. You won't save any money by not having them in stalled at the factory.

The best way to save money on an AR is to buy the upper and lower seperately. On the upper, you buy all the components and assemble it yourself.

There are two combat quality 2 stage triggers on the market. They are made by KAC and Geissele. Of those two, I give Geissele the nod on quality and cost. So I wouldn't worry about a two-stage being un-reliable.

C4

Boom
10-15-06, 09:36
For me I have found DPMS kits to be fine. I've had a few guys tell me they had problems but I have not come across this yet. I've built four rifles over the last three years with the kits. CMT also makes a good kit.

mark5pt56
10-15-06, 16:28
My experience has been the Stag kits to be great for a standard carbine. Th eBushmasters seem to be gritty. All Colts have been crisp.

Mark

M4arc
10-15-06, 20:30
I've built several lowers with DPMS parts kits without any issues. But nowadays you can get a much better quality Stag/CMT kit for the same price. In most cases I can find Stag kits for less than DPMS kits.

k9dpd
10-15-06, 20:46
I use CMT/Stag now and havent had any problems at all, all triggers have been real crisp.

strycnine
10-15-06, 22:30
I've had very good luck with Rock River Arms.

docsprague
10-16-06, 14:40
I have used Stag and Bushmaster in the past. I really like the bushmaster, the trigger was smooth and crisp. The Stag kit had a good trigger but is was missing two parts. The vendor I bought it from made it right.