PDA

View Full Version : M16 vs AR15 BCG

stupidfast
09-05-08, 08:11
Just ordered a LPK and stock from G&R Tactical. The next thing on my list is an upper. Looking at the BCM upper and it gives me an option of an AR-15 or an M-16 BGC. I was wondering the difference in the two. Thanks for the help.

markm
09-05-08, 08:41
The M16 carrier had more material in the back, circle portion of the carrier, and the firing pin collar is shrouded. Go with an M16 carrier. I do an all of my builds. It's the original forumula.

Stephen_H
09-05-08, 09:10
At this point, why are the "AR15" carriers still even an option? There should only be the original BCG in my opinion.

Stephen

markm
09-05-08, 09:17
At this point, why are the "AR15" carriers still even an option? There should only be the original BCG in my opinion.

Stephen

I agree.

Stephen_H
09-05-08, 09:48
I agree.

Motion to pass that the "Full-Auto BCG" is now simply refered to as BCG and all others will be refered to as Non-Milspec or Neutered?

Stephen

DrMark
09-05-08, 09:57
Motion to pass that the "Full-Auto BCG" is now simply refered to as BCG and all others will be refered to as Non-Milspec or Neutered?

Seconded.

All in favor say "Aye."

I own nothing but Full-Auto BCGs, excuse me, BCGs... no Non-Milspec or Neutered variants.

rmecapn
09-05-08, 10:21
At this point, why are the "AR15" carriers still even an option?

Because the manufacturer's do not trust the BATFE. I wouldn't either.

Boris
09-05-08, 22:05

Stephen

Inertia is still alive, if I'm not mistaken. But I'm just a recreational, semi-auto shooter.

-B