PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell AR Optics 1-4x Throwdown, FFP, Mil Turrets - Good Buy @ $149?

Kdubya
08-23-16, 17:03
Like the title states, got an email from a reputable retailer selling these for $149, brand new. I searched the forums. Saw random comments here and there. One dedicated thread from a couple years back with only a couple replies. So, I'm looking for some input. Anyone have experience with these? I'm interested in hearing about a few things in specific. Eye relief. Sight picture at 1x, especially in regards to the feasibility of both eyes open. Overall clarity and quality, or lack thereof. And simply if those that have run or encountered them would think they're a good buy at $149.

Initially my intended use would be for occasional range trips where I'd like to squeeze out a little more precision transitioning between short and intermediate distances. Not really planning one more serious usage (competition, combat, etc), outside of maybe hunting.

Seems like a decent value, but I won't be heartbroken if the consensus says pass.

Mrgunsngear
08-23-16, 17:31
Like the title states, got an email from a reputable retailer selling these for $149, brand new. I searched the forums. Saw random comments here and there. One dedicated thread from a couple years back with only a couple replies. So, I'm looking for some input. Anyone have experience with these? I'm interested in hearing about a few things in specific. Eye relief. Sight picture at 1x, especially in regards to the feasibility of both eyes open. Overall clarity and quality, or lack thereof. And simply if those that have run or encountered them would think they're a good buy at $149.

Initially my intended use would be for occasional range trips where I'd like to squeeze out a little more precision transitioning between short and intermediate distances. Not really planning one more serious usage (competition, combat, etc), outside of maybe hunting.

Seems like a decent value, but I won't be heartbroken if the consensus says pass.

I think I covered most of those in my review a couple years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ1aoluDmJg

Kdubya
08-23-16, 18:23
I think I covered most of those in my review a couple years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ1aoluDmJg

Thanks! Did you post this on the forum? That'd be kind of embarrassing to have missed it in my search.

extremist
08-23-16, 21:49
Have one and another on the way. LOVE them, great buy for general plinking on my .22 conversion and the close range matches I go to 0-20 yards.

LaserTag
08-23-16, 21:50
It's good for the money, but imo the glass is a bit too foggy for my liking.