PDA

View Full Version : Does Kwame Put Michigan in Play for GOP?

Gutshot John
09-05-08, 14:43
Interesting take. My wife is family is from Michigan, and even though most of her family (not her) and friends are Obama supporters, they LOATHE gangster politicians.

Count on attack ads to run extensively outside of Detroit. With Palin's appeal to hunters/gun owners (a significant voting block in Michigan) the GOP might have a chance.

If the GOP wins Michigan, Obama's pretty much toast unless he takes Ohio. As it stands now the key states are going to be Michigan, Colorado, New Mexico and New Hampshire. If Obama loses three, he's done.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157274

Palmguy
09-05-08, 15:02
If the GOP wins Michigan, Obama's pretty much toast unless he takes Ohio. As it stands now the key states are going to be Michigan, Colorado, New Mexico and New Hampshire. If Obama loses three, he's done.

How does Florida play into the battleground state realm, having been one in 2004 and certainly in 2000?

Gutshot John
09-05-08, 15:15
How does Florida play into the battleground state realm, having been one in 2004 and certainly in 2000?

I guess it could be and FL will be one to watch, but both of those times, FL broke GOP and McCain has a slight but consistent lead. I'd count FL as a red state.

MI, NH have voted blue the past two elections, NM narrowly split the two. CO though GOP twice, currently Obama has the lead. McCain can lose two of those states and still win. Obama HAS to win 3.

As it stands now, Obama has a better chance of taking OH than FL, but I think that's unlikely in the end.

dhrith
09-05-08, 15:32
I think Michigan is very takeable for the GOP. With kwame getting the smackdown there won't be very much Democratic cohesiveness between Detroit/Lansing in fact, I'd wager there just keeping mum for the moment until it blows over. How much have you seen in the news of him being deposed compared to the crap blowing it up for news sake prior. They realize now the black eye it gives them does their baby Obama no favor right now so are trying to sweep it under the rug post haste. Palin peeling off Dem women only helps, if she presents herself well, it helps exponentially more. Frankly I think she'll garner much more than she alienates. Especially since she seems quite down to earth, nra member, hunter, mother of 5 who went through with a downs birth, married to a fairly regular joe, lives in Alaska.