PDA

View Full Version : Utility of BUIS on an SBR/Mount and Sight options

jrcii
08-27-16, 08:47
Hello All,

While I wait on BATFE, I'm gathering parts for my 8.5 to 9 inch 300 Blk. And, I'm considering optics at the moment. I am mounting an Aimpoint T2 as the primary optic. On my 5.56 I have Magpul Pros and on my 308 offset KAC sights.

I'm using a 7" Geissele SMR rail which will give me a total of 12" of separation between the front and rear sights. It would seem to me that, since pistols have 3" or 4" between front and rear, this is enough distance to make the usable. Has anyone experienced any weirdness because of the shortened separation?

Also, I'm looking at putting either Troy or KAC sights on this build. I'll be putting the Aimpoint in a LaRue mount. I know that the LT660 is supposed to allow for 1/3 cowitness and the LT751 is absolute. But, I'm concerned about the 'micro' nature of the Troy and KAC micros. Does anyone out there use one of these combinations? How have you found it.

You guys always provide excellent answers to my questions, and I really appreciate your advice.

JRC

BufordTJustice
08-27-16, 10:23
My MBUS gen 2 are 7.5" apart and i have taken them out to 150 just fine.

But, be mindful that, the closer they get to each other, the more coarse the adjustments become. I suspect that, at 200, i may be between detents on the sight adjustment.

However, they indeed work.