PDA

View Full Version : Malice clip replacements for duty belts

the judge
08-28-16, 20:10
I've got a few different pouches on my duty belt that were designed to mount with malice clips. I want to stay with the pouches but don't like the malice clips, any replacement options for the malice clips themselves that would be more suitable with a duty belt?

joedirt199
08-29-16, 11:05
http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/moduloader-frames-modular-base/

Raven concealment has a modular base that will take molle pouches and convert them to belt loop style with different size belt loops

carbine357
09-10-16, 15:37
balde-tec has an awesome locking clip

hi speed gbear dowea also

the ravens are a lot of moving parts but well done
I seldom move my gear after figuring how finally mount it

all 3 are good .I use b-t cause they are quick and permanent

carbine357

norbis
09-10-16, 16:12
Check out hypalon WTF Straps from whiskey two four. I have used them overseas and here in training. I carry my pistol and carbine mags in esstac pouches on my war belt with them... Zero issues.

The only problem I have had is my dump pouch did start to pull off one time. I'm not sure if it was the pouch/belt/WTF Strap maybe just operator error.

I highly recommend them and have replaced my malice clips with them. They are light, super cheap and easy as hell to weave.

http://www.wtfidea.com/whiskey-two-four-wtfix-attachment-system-straps/

titsonritz
09-10-16, 17:18
I have used small MALICE clips and just ran the belt through them.

Antonio5005
09-10-16, 17:44
I use these for 1.5 or 1.75 duty belt. They wrap around the belt locking on to the hook or loop (either one) and let's the malice clip route through it like normal Molle. Super stable, rock solid, and the pouch won't budge a bit.

http://downrangegear.net/Down_Range_Gear_PALS_Belt_Platform_For_2%22.html

drtywk
09-10-16, 20:09
Head down to your local craft store, Home Depot, or Walmart and pick up some Velcro One-Wrap. You can cut it into 5.5" to 6" strips and use it to attach the pouches to your belts like belt loops. You run it through two pieces of webbing, at the height you want it set, on the back of the pouch and then fold the straps into themselves.

Blue Force Gear uses One-Wrap on their belt pouch line and it works extremely well.

joedirt199
09-10-16, 21:43
Hsgi also uses that velcro for their belt mount taco pouches. Works good with belts that have a velcro liner so the pouches don't move around under stress

Jellybean
09-11-16, 12:39
For the OP;

All the above will work.
What you need to determine is if it will work with whatever pouches you want to mount. You need to look at your pouches and see whether the MOLLE webbing on the back for mounting use is sewn tight against the pouch, or loose, and how stiff or floppy the overall pouch is. This is going to make a LOT of difference in determining what alternate attachment method to use.
If you have loose webbing and/or floppy pouches, you'll need something stiff to keep it in place....and even then, you may have issues if you're not weaving the webbing through the attachment strap[s] like you would normally mounting to a MOLLE surface, as the pouch may just slide down, bunch up, or the strap (like the WTF item) may start rolling over the belt if the pouch is heavy.

It sounds like you're just going to be running a belt through a loop attached to the pouch- in that case, I'd start with the 1" One-wrap, and go from there.
You should be able to find some in walmart that comes in a roll, and is generally a little thicker (NOT the thin cable-tie stuff) for a couple bucks.

trinydex
09-16-16, 19:07
Check out hypalon WTF Straps from whiskey two four. I have used them overseas and here in training. I carry my pistol and carbine mags in esstac pouches on my war belt with them... Zero issues.

The only problem I have had is my dump pouch did start to pull off one time. I'm not sure if it was the pouch/belt/WTF Strap maybe just operator error.

I highly recommend them and have replaced my malice clips with them. They are light, super cheap and easy as hell to weave.

http://www.wtfidea.com/whiskey-two-four-wtfix-attachment-system-straps/

i also do this