PDA

View Full Version : Movie heads up: Hyena Road

Koshinn
08-29-16, 00:09
It's on Netflix. Came out in late 2015.

It's a Canadian movie centering around a road (Hyena Road) in Afghanistan and the search for an old school Mujahideen fighter from the perspective of a Canadian SOF Warrant Officer and a Canadian Intel Captain.

From my limited knowledge of Canadian forces, I can't really pick out any inaccuracies. Not sure if the story itself is true or not, it's probably just a drama set in Afghanistan, but it's a far cry from Hollywood's normal portrayal of Afghanistan. It gets a bit slow at some points, but it feels like a documentary in terms of detail.

I enjoyed it, but it's probably not for everyone.

SkiDevil
08-29-16, 04:20
I saw it a while back. Great movie. I enjoyed it too.

Moose-Knuckle
08-29-16, 04:24
I saw it when it was first released in the US on disc . . . as a gun geek I love it.

Tons of Colt Canada C7A2's and C8 SFW's with Elcan C79's. I've always had soft spot of Colt Canada guns.

Thought the story was good, will eventually own it.

jpmuscle
08-29-16, 08:53
I watched it a while back. It was f'ing terrible. Horrible really. Low budget crap, which I could forgive if it wasn't so bad everywhere else.

The weaponry was nice though but that was about it.

Koshinn
08-29-16, 10:39
I watched it a while back. It was f'ing terrible. Horrible really. Low budget crap, which I could forgive if it wasn't so bad everywhere else.

The weaponry was nice though but that was about it.

I didn't see anything in the movie that suggested a low budget?

jpmuscle
08-29-16, 11:05
I didn't see anything in the movie that suggested a low budget?
I'll watch it again but that was how I perceived it.

Moose-Knuckle
08-30-16, 02:06
It's a Canadian production so it is a little rough around the edges compared to typical Hollywood fare . . .

Probably one of the reasons it appealed to me . . .

Koshinn
08-30-16, 02:33
It's a Canadian production so it is a little rough around the edges compared to typical Hollywood fare . . .

Probably one of the reasons it appealed to me . . .

I guess I'm used to Canadian productions. They make a lot of good sci-fi shows up there, like the whole Stargate SG-1/Atlantis series, Continuum, Dark Matter, Killjoys, and probably others that I can't remember off the top of my head.