PDA

View Full Version : Stranger Things

08-29-16, 21:21
Just started watching this yesterday. Getting ready to watch episode four. As a father of two young children(under five), the disappearance hit me hard.

Like it so far.

What round for Matthew Modine and friends? I think belt-fed for MM, his crew, and the "creatures."

I would have at least put some rds. into whatever was coming out of the wall; and then beat feet. Physics was a chore in college to get a B+ but I would have understood whatever was causing the effects on the wall was way beyond what we are accustomed to dealing with. In this case, in the words of Bob Marley(OP is Burning Spear fan after living on several islands), "He who runs away, lives to fight another day."

rushca01
08-29-16, 21:54
Great show! Watched it all in one day! I loved all the pop culture references.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-29-16, 21:58
JUST now watching it?!

It was great, lots of fun and took me back to some of the horror and mystery movies from when I was a kid in the 80/90's. The end was a little anti-climactic for me...but that's as far as I'll spoil it for you.

08-29-16, 22:32
JUST now watching it?!

It was great, lots of fun and took me back to some of the horror and mystery movies from when I was a kid in the 80/90's. The end was a little anti-climactic for me...but that's as far as I'll spoil it for you.

Thanks! No spoilers please.

JoshNC
08-29-16, 23:05
So is it horror or scifi? I really hate horror movies but love scifi.

MountainRaven
08-29-16, 23:14

Both.

I strongly dislike horror movies*, but quite enjoyed Stranger Things.

*There are obvious exceptions. Chiefly horror movies more intended to be parodies, like Cabin in the Woods, and more sci-fi-oriented horror movies like Predator and Alien and even Pitch Black. Which reminds me that I need to watch Event Horizon sooner or later.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-29-16, 23:40

Both, and neither. It's not my thing, hasn't been for 20 years, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

MistWolf
08-30-16, 00:05
It's sci-fi horror that appears to be supernatural on the surface, but is not. What drives the "supernatural" aspect is actually mental powers and quantum theory. I'm not a big horror fan, but I do enjoy this series. I think it's well crafted.

What I really appreciate about it is that it's not a bunch of helpless victims being delivered up in a bag of Purina Monster Chow

cop1211
08-30-16, 03:56
I liked it. Will there be a season 2?

HeruMew
08-30-16, 05:37
Yes,

There will be.

Great series. Really enjoyed it all.

Rayrevolver
08-30-16, 07:23
It was described to me as Goonies meets X-Files.

Loved it. Lots of MP5 action.

Whiskey_Bravo
08-30-16, 07:31
It was described to me as Goonies meets X-Files.

Loved it. Lots of MP5 action.

Haha, the same description was given to me. Just started watching it a couple of nights ago. I really dig the retro aspects of it and brings back a lot of memories from the late 80s as a kid.

HCrum87hc
08-30-16, 08:14
I really enjoyed the first season, and look forward to the second. I'm very interested to see where it goes from here.

Singlestack Wonder
08-30-16, 09:26
I watched the entire series as well. Curious if season 2 will continue with the same characters or be a new re-boot each season just like American Horror Story.

08-30-16, 10:30
Likin' every episode so far. Hope to watch one tonight.

Skyyr
08-31-16, 14:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXWG_kKDZlY

Outlander Systems
08-31-16, 21:08
Yes!!!!!

Firefly
08-31-16, 21:44
I need Netflix

09-01-16, 06:35
Finished season 1 last night. Really enjoyed it. Not perfect, but better than most shows these days.

Outlander Systems
09-01-16, 06:54
Firefly, you'll cancel cable.

After years of "Netflix-Only" I can't watch regular TV or my systolic goes hyperbolic.

5 minutes of show, 10 minutes of laundry detergent commercials. No thank you.

jpmuscle
09-01-16, 08:32
Firefly, you'll cancel cable.

After years of "Netflix-Only" I can't watch regular TV or my systolic goes hyperbolic.

5 minutes of show, 10 minutes of laundry detergent commercials. No thank you.
Look into something like the Amazon fire stick and kodi hack. Pretty much live stream whatever you want.

Pi3
09-01-16, 20:58
its an homage to Stephen King 7 Stephen Spielberg. I got sick of the teen soap opera & the little kids got annoying. I did like 11 though.