PDA

View Full Version : Installed Magpul Grip

bgoode
09-05-08, 20:49
Well, I liked the feel of the ergo but just didnt do IT for me.

Got the magpul basic pack on with the medium backstrap and straight front. I think this will do me for a while!! Feels nice, not as ergonomic as the ergo, but also not as "plasticky / bendy /" as the ergo so it feels more beefy.

It was worth the $30ish bucks to give it a go :) I am happy this far:D

urbankaos04
09-06-08, 03:30
I just received a MagPul MOE grip, which also replaced an ERGO GRIP; however, I noticed that the duckbill (or whatever you call the part that extends up to fill in the rear curve of the receiver) part of the MOE was not flush like the ERGO's. There's enough of a gap that crud and debris can easily get in there, unlike the ERGO which fits completely flush to the rear of the receiver.

I also like the MagPul grip better, but too bad the MOE grip doesn't fit flush.

chadbag
09-06-08, 03:34
Just wondering, are you replacing the hard plastic ergo or the suregrip ergo with the rubber molding on the outside?

urbankaos04
09-06-08, 03:40
Mine didn't have the rubber molding on the outside, so it must be the hard plastic Ergo. Didn't know there were two types.

chadbag
09-06-08, 03:50
Mine didn't have the rubber molding on the outside, so it must be the hard plastic Ergo. Didn't know there were two types.

Ok. Just wondering. I happen to like the Suregrip from Ergo, which is the ergo grip with the overmolded rubber. They happen to fit me well and have a nice feel. However, the non rubberized version does not do anything for me at all. Don't care for it that much.

I also have a magpul grip installed on something and it is nice -- no complaints -- but I like the rubberized outside and wish that Magpul would come out with rubberized front and backstraps... They have announced a MOE Plus grip with some rubberized parts but I don't think it is shipping yet.

Chad

Paul45
09-06-08, 08:31
I have tried some different grips but have settled on the Ergo with the soft rubber coating. They fit me and feel good. I have them on 3 AR's right now.

bgoode
09-06-08, 08:56
mine has the over molded soft rubber. Keeping it for a backup because it does feel good :)

twodollarbill
09-06-08, 09:47
I just received a MagPul MOE grip, which also replaced an ERGO GRIP; however, I noticed that the duckbill (or whatever you call the part that extends up to fill in the rear curve of the receiver) part of the MOE was not flush like the ERGO's. There's enough of a gap that crud and debris can easily get in there, unlike the ERGO which fits completely flush to the rear of the receiver.

I also like the MagPul grip better, but too bad the MOE grip doesn't fit flush.

LMT lowers now come with the Ergo grip, I just don't like that soft grip.
I've replaced the Ergo's with TD or Magpul. I was hoping to give the Magpul MOE grip a try.
I'm not too happy to hear that the MOE is not fitting flush... Any one else have this problem with the MOE?

Stickman
09-06-08, 13:21
LMT lowers now come with the Ergo grip, I just don't like that soft grip.
I've replaced the Ergo's with TD or Magpul. I was hoping to give the Magpul MOE grip a try.
I'm not too happy to hear that the MOE is not fitting flush... Any one else have this problem with the MOE?

What problem? Sounds like the same guys who put plugs in their Glocks because they are afraid they will stop working...... its a non-issue.

Stickman
09-06-08, 13:23
Well, I liked the feel of the ergo but just didnt do IT for me.

Got the magpul basic pack on with the medium backstrap and straight front. I think this will do me for a while!! Feels nice, not as ergonomic as the ergo, but also not as "plasticky / bendy /" as the ergo so it feels more beefy.

If you liked the ergonomics of the Ergo grip, you may want to replace the medium backstrap with the thinner piece.

urbankaos04
09-06-08, 13:45
What problem? Sounds like the same guys who put plugs in their Glocks because they are afraid they will stop working...... its a non-issue.

Yeah, I hear you, and I am guilty of being petty on this issue.