PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy a front tritium sight for my Glock without changing rear?

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-05-08, 21:20
Guys,

I am slowly deciding that a single front dot is what I need. I want to just buy a front tritium sight. Do they make one that is the standard height so I don't have to ditch my factory (one hash mark) rear sight? I will probably just install the front and use a marker to blacken the rear sight.

deercop
09-05-08, 21:54
Yes, Brownell's (among many) sells front night sights only. I have bought Trijicons separately for 2 of my Glocks, since I also bought MMC adjustable rear sights. I also bought and installed a Trijicon front NS only for a co-worker.

I am a great fan of front night sight only for a purely self-defense CCW gun. I have a couple of Sigs set up that way too, as well as a J-frame and NAA Pug.

deercop
09-05-08, 21:57
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=13171&title=FRONT%20SIGHTS

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-05-08, 23:08
Thanks deer. But you are sure they are the std height? I just want to make sure I don't frack up my elevation.

John_Wayne777
09-05-08, 23:18
The Trijcon and Ameriglo sights should be stock height, meaning you won't need to change the rear. If you get a Heinie, Warren, or 10-8 front you'll need a "tall" rear.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-05-08, 23:38
Meprolights?

David Thomas
09-06-08, 00:17
I know this may be off topic and not what you are looking for, but I truly think the Warren Tactical sights are head an shoulders above all others that are available for the Glock. The more I use them, the more I am sold on them. I strongly suggest you look at them and take them into consideration.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-06-08, 07:08
Thanks Dave, I have heard a lot of good thing about those sights.

BobM
09-06-08, 07:50
Guys,

I am slowly deciding that a single front dot is what I need. I want to just buy a front tritium sight. Do they make one that is the standard height so I don't have to ditch my factory (one hash mark) rear sight? I will probably just install the front and use a marker to blacken the rear sight.

I've had a few pistols set up this way. I've even taken a marker to rear night sights when the pistol came with them.

ST911
09-06-08, 10:52
Guys, I am slowly deciding that a single front dot is what I need. I want to just buy a front tritium sight. Do they make one that is the standard height so I don't have to ditch my factory (one hash mark) rear sight? I will probably just install the front and use a marker to blacken the rear sight.

That's a popular configuration with many.

I recommend the Glock, Trij, and Mepro NS. They will be the standard height.