PDA

View Full Version : Steiner 1-4 P4Xi Throw Lever?

gaijin
09-02-16, 19:07
I mounted one of the Steiner 1-4 P4Xi on a "truck gun".
Anyone know of a source for a throw lever for this scope?

Several retailers advertise the scope for sale WITH throw lever, but I can't find one listed individually.

cop1211
09-02-16, 19:38
I believe the one with the throw lever has 02 model number.

warhog
09-02-16, 23:33
I bought one from optics planet I would check before ordering I think I got the last one, don't use Adorama I ordered one and it went back order sent an e mail to mgm switchview never did get a reply good luck.

Just remembered rangefinders.com has them and free shipping.

TomMcC
09-03-16, 11:45
I mounted one of the Steiner 1-4 P4Xi on a "truck gun".
Anyone know of a source for a throw lever for this scope?

Several retailers advertise the scope for sale WITH throw lever, but I can't find one listed individually.

You could carefully measure the diameter of the zoom ring and then use MGM's compatibility chart to choose the appropriate lever.

JoshNC
09-03-16, 13:11
I would like to hear your thoughts on the P4xi. How is the glass, FOV, illumination? Any distortion? How is the 1x?

gaijin
09-03-16, 15:02
The power ring is tapered and scalloped- no flats for a Scopeview lever to work.

I have a single outing with the scope; one range trip to dial in from the bench. Hardly a true test of the optic.

The 1X seems a true one power, I did/could shoot both eyes open, with no discernible difference through the scope.
The illumination is bright.
I have the military Steiner 1X4 and the illumination is comparable to it.
The reticle in the military 1X4 Rapid Dot 5142 is much preferable to the screwy illuminated plex in the P4Xi, but it works nonetheless.
Plan a trip to the ranch to shoot at 3/4 hundred to see if the ranging reticle "works", is accurate.

It appears a pretty good illuminated 1X4 for the price. The warranty helps the deal.

JoshNC
09-03-16, 18:40
Cool, thanks. Are these similar to the t5xi series...assembled in the US?

gaijin
09-03-16, 18:54
Yes.
Greely Co. I believe, which is home to Burris optics.
Apparently Beretta owns both Steiner and Burris (among others).

One thing, the P4Xi weighs 17 oz. opposed to the 22 oz. of the rapid dot 1X4.
That's a considerable savings in weight- if that is a consideration (it was for me in this build).

brianc142
11-15-16, 01:00
These have been out for while now so I'm curious as to how people like them so far. I realize you're only going to get so much out of a $550 scope, but it still interests me for the price if the quality is even close to what Steiner normally puts out.

warhog
11-15-16, 09:53
I like it glass is clear (for me) the reticle works at range, the red dot is bright I have no complaints except I wish the manual would be avaiable for download and throw lever should included for all scopes.

gaijin
11-15-16, 18:16
Had a chance for further proving of the scope at the ranch last weekend.
Shot 3 & 4 hundred yds. with IMI 69 gr. Razorcore.
The ranging reticle was close enough at those distances for my purpose.
The plex reticle is adequate and the scope is fast enough with the illumination.
All considered I find this scope a heck of a value.