PDA

View Full Version : Zeroing Matech BUIS

Pat.c
09-06-08, 02:30
Hey gents, I was wondering if one of yall with experience using a Maetech BUIS could help me out. I went out to zero the sight for the first time today and ran into an odd occurrence. I had just helped my buddy zero his Troy BUIS and proceeded to zero my rifle. I was shooting at 25m with the standard Army 25m target. I was getting tight groups but was hitting low. After much trial and error I turn the adjustment nob to 500m mark. I was hitting dead center at the silhouette the whole time. Any ideas as to why? Should I just leave it alone? Pardon my ignorance but I am new to this BUIS.

Erick Gelhaus
09-06-08, 14:10
Were you adjusting elevation with the front sight post? prior to trying it with the rear BUIS?

ErikTaylor
09-06-08, 14:16
Put your buis to the lowest setting (200m I believe) and then adjust your front site post. That will bring the shots up to target.

Iraqgunz
09-06-08, 14:43
I just consulted with the directions that came with the sights. First off, it was designed for use with the M16A4 and M4. Since they both have a fixed front sight depending on what you are using there could be a difference. On the M4 the sight should be set on 300M. If using an M16A4 it should be set on the white line between 300-400M. It also needs to be mounted in the rearward most slot on the rail.

FWIW- When I zeroed mine with a 25M target I had no issues at all.

ErikTaylor
09-06-08, 16:08
I just consulted with the directions that came with the sights. First off, it was designed for use with the M16A4 and M4. Since they both have a fixed front sight depending on what you are using there could be a difference. On the M4 the sight should be set on 300M. If using an M16A4 it should be set on the white line between 300-400M. It also needs to be mounted in the rearward most slot on the rail.

FWIW- When I zeroed mine with a 25M target I had no issues at all.

That's right you are correct. I was going off memory from my last one. You do put it on 300m.

Erik

Pat.c
09-06-08, 17:33
Thanks all for your help. I neglected to adjust the front sight post.:eek: