PDA

View Full Version : Hex Key Size on Leupold VXR Patrol?

n517rv
09-03-16, 13:07
Anyone know the proper size of the hexkey for the VXR patrol? I did a search and checked the manual and couldn't find it. It only says to use the "provided" Allen wrench, but I bought my scope used and it didn't have one.

None of my small hex wrenches work.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

HKGuns
09-03-16, 13:15
I do not know, I only know it is dern small and I have no other one that size in my extensive inventory. (Don't ask how I know)

GH41
09-03-16, 13:59
If I remember correctly the one for the turret zero locks was 1mm. It was small enough I didn't like to use it!

3 AE
09-06-16, 18:51
I emailed to Leupold,

"Several AR related forums have threads asking about the size of the very small hex key used to loosen the set screws on the adjustment dials to reset the zero mark on VXR Patrol series optics. Some say it's .050" while others think it's 1mm. Figured I'd ask Tech Support and get the correct info. Thanks"

Leupold answered back,

"The hex wrench used to loosen and tighten the set screws on the VX-R is 0.050". I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! Regards, Eric"

n517rv
09-06-16, 18:58
Thanks 3 AE! Now I just have to find one. That shouldn't be too difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

HKGuns
09-06-16, 19:51
I emailed to Leupold,

"Several AR related forums have threads asking about the size of the very small hex key used to loosen the set screws on the adjustment dials to reset the zero mark on VXR Patrol series optics. Some say it's .050" while others think it's 1mm. Figured I'd ask Tech Support and get the correct info. Thanks"

Leupold answered back,

"The hex wrench used to loosen and tighten the set screws on the VX-R is 0.050". I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! Regards, Eric"

Thanks for checking. Sort of pisses me off they choose such a small size for this scope. In fact, it is my only complaint with the scope. It isn't a "normal" size that most anyone would have lying around and the darn hex screw heads strip out far too easily, which can be a huge issue.

3 AE
09-06-16, 20:42
When you find a source for the hex key, get more than one and wrap some brightly covered tape on one leg or paint it. Those little bastards run away like crazy. Also just breathe on it when tightening for the proper torque! :sarcastic:

GH41
09-07-16, 07:27
These are easier to find when then fall off of the bench. https://www.zoro.com/wiha-tools-prec-screwdriver-ball-hex-0050x1-58in-26413/i/G4536454/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw9b6-BRCq7YP34tvW_uUBEiQAkK3svdm9FwPiTza49b9Dj0-Ru1n4XQ3rHYmHzZQpQsXn0xUaAoDH8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds