PDA

View Full Version : Kinda have a pang for a Glock 19....

multistage
09-04-16, 19:15
...for some reason.

And I've had several 19s. Only Glock I currently have is a 26. I do favor my HKs.

But I think I could find a use for a 19. I suppose I best make it happen. Have a feeling it'll all dry up again in a month or so.

mikecon75
09-04-16, 19:33
I too am having the pang for a new 19. I love the size and feel, but I have never had one that didn't throw brass in my face. So I am kinda torn.

multistage
09-04-16, 19:37
Tell me about it.

I have a P2000, a P2000sk, a USP 45, a USP 45c, a VP9, several others, and I want a G19.

Makes no sense.

firefighter37
09-04-16, 19:38
I have a pang for a 19 also, and I have 4 of them already...

There is always a use for a 19.

DirectTo
09-04-16, 22:00
Add me to the list, I already have a few but I feel like I could use another.

I've been debating getting a 23 and a conversion barrel because...I can.

w3453l
09-04-16, 22:14
I sold off my Glocks, but still have my Glock mag stash just in case. There's times where I want to get a 19 again, but I definately have enough 9's.

That mag stash makes it seem less pointless to buy just one g19.

Hammertime
09-04-16, 23:50
I have owned 4 Glock 19s, currently own 2. Run to the store and grab one - they're pretty economical.

The full size guns are my favorite - 21, 34, and 17 in that order.

HT

newyork
09-05-16, 05:12
I've probably owned 6 or 7 19s of different generations. Bought. Sold. Bought . SOLD. I sold off my Glocks and got an HK45c not long ago. Want another again.

ramairthree
09-05-16, 08:55
You like Glock 19s? Holy crap, so do I.
I like money too, we should hang out.

Evel Baldgui
09-05-16, 09:02
Funny....picked up a 'used' gen 3, that was practically new, owner just didn't like; for $300, I loved it !

1_click_off
09-05-16, 09:40
Three P30 (V3, and two V1), two VP9, and I am right back carrying my 19 again.

It just fits all my needs. It feels good to carry, I would not get overly upset if it were to get damaged, I feel I am a decent shot with it and has never failed me.

19 is just a great all around pistol to have.

SteveL
09-05-16, 19:03
A G19 was the last handgun I bought. Another G19 will be the next handgun I buy.

Vegasshooter
09-05-16, 19:45
The G19 is, in my opinion, one of the greatest handguns ever made. It does everything well. It's large enough to be a real duty gun, yet small enough to conceal well. Throw a Surefire X300 on it, and it is fantastic for a duty gun actually. It has great magazine capacity at 15+1, and with the ability to shoot G17 mags, you're not under capacity. I carry one every day in a G-Code AIWB holster. I seriously LOVE the G19. My duty gun is a 34, but I won't ever not have a G19 in my collection. I have such a soft spot for that gun. My current is a RTF, but I've had both. The ONLY reason I'm down to one is because my buddies work truck got burglarized, and his got stolen. I couldn't have him without one, so I gave him one of mine. Yes, we're that tight. Best men at one another's wedding, there when each other's kids were born kind of tight. If "Glock Perfection" is a thing, they must have meant the 19.

bigrobbierob
09-05-16, 20:32
I love the 19. My hands don't and that's why I got rid of mine. If it was just an 1/8in longer in the grip I wouldn't shoot anything else. That's why I run a 17.

Ron3
09-05-16, 23:02
Yup. I do have a love for the G19 and won't part with mine.

Carried it for nearly a decade (okay I cheated sometimes for months a few times trying other guns). Don't normally carry it now but it's a great pistol and I won't part with it.

The grip doesn't "feel right" and the trigger is spongy plastic but I can't tell by looking at my groups/times. I shoot it well.

You should get one.

noonesshowmonkey
09-06-16, 11:06
Glock 19 with a (-) connector, an extra power trigger return spring, some light polishing (or a few thousand rounds downrange) is a beautiful thing.

It is boringly effective, yawn inducingly reliable, and as accurate as you are.

Sometimes I dream of other handguns (hell, I was just pricing Cz P-07s and an HK P30L) but always end up just buying more 9mm ammo or magazines. As I've noted before, discipline sucks and can be boring, but it pays off.

WickedWillis
09-06-16, 12:07
If you own one Glock, it should be a Glock 19. There's a good reason I will never be without one again.

cbx
09-06-16, 12:38
The 19 just speaks to me and I feel at home with it. Took me about 100 rounds with it and I was hooked. Honestly thinking about selling my other pistols. They're all .40.

I still want to try a 320 and a tp9. I can smoke a gopher steel target at 45 yards pretty regularly with a 19 and cheap ammo. Hit rate just goes up further with good ammo.

I'd be lucky for a 2in 10 with any of my .40s of various brand on the same target.. None are glock btw.

Big A
09-06-16, 14:07
Unless I lose my hands in some kind of mishap I will never not have at least one Glock 19.

fullmetalredhead
09-06-16, 14:27
Lots of great guns have come out in the past year. But I don't think the G19 can be beaten for what it is.

July4th
09-06-16, 14:37
If I could only own one handgun it would be a 19. I really need to pick up another as a backup to my EDC.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

tgizzard
09-06-16, 15:42
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160906/e86b0f8062efd4e777f857c7e661a11e.jpg

I've had that pang lately as well. Stopped in the LGS after work today and picked this up for myself. I owned a 26 a couple years ago for my EDC, shot great but I thought it was a little to small. Always wanted a 19 and finally decided to pull the trigger on this one.
Looking forward to taking it out to the range tomorrow after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SW CQB 45
09-06-16, 20:43
I have an issued Gen 3 that has been a top performer. I have very large hands, so I have made a few changes to the frame to suit my gripping style.

I bit the bullet and purchased a brand new Gen 4 and bought a stripped Gen 4 upper and a RMR RM06. They were sent to L&M Precision and patiently waiting between week 2 and 3 (but who is keeping track)

I have not shot my Gen 4 but obtained a Gen 3 trigger bar and did a .25 trigger job and its outstanding using all factory parts. I went with the SI magwell but its going to need some dehorning as the meaty portion of my primary hand digs into the edge. DANG! I like the way the magwell drives my hand upward into the frame. I also trimmed the MED beavertail.

I also did a high front strap and removed the finger grooves while retaining the factory traction squares. I wish I could find a similar texture application to match the factory Gen 4 squares. I removed the mag release assembly and ordered a Vickers replacement. I left the factory unit out when I modded the frame and will just install the Vickers when it arrives tomorrow.

My duty with my personal

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/SWCQB45/Gun/FullSizeRender_5_zps5jdtre25.jpg (http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/SWCQB45/media/Gun/FullSizeRender_5_zps5jdtre25.jpg.html)

Ouch, that will probably cause blood

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/SWCQB45/Gun/FullSizeRender_7_zpsekpiizql.jpg (http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/SWCQB45/media/Gun/FullSizeRender_7_zpsekpiizql.jpg.html)

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/SWCQB45/Gun/FullSizeRender_8_zpsmzfa0o9f.jpg (http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/SWCQB45/media/Gun/FullSizeRender_8_zpsmzfa0o9f.jpg.html)

there's the culprit edge
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/SWCQB45/Gun/FullSizeRender_9_zpsers3jprt.jpg (http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/SWCQB45/media/Gun/FullSizeRender_9_zpsers3jprt.jpg.html)

buckshot1220
09-08-16, 19:43
Funny....picked up a 'used' gen 3, that was practically new, owner just didn't like; for $300, I loved it !

That's kind of how I came across my first Glock (19 as well). I used to swear by HK until my buddy bought this 19, shot just 50 rounds, turned around and said "I don't really like it, give me $400 for it?"

That was five years ago. I now own 5 Glocks...

AOBrien
09-08-16, 21:17
I've had this same feeling lately. Sent my M&P9 back to smith due to accuracy problems and they're sending it back saying nothing is wrong... Really makes me want to trade it and maybe my ppq in on a few G19s.

friendlyfireisnt
09-08-16, 21:59
I'm with you guys right now.

I've already got two Gen4 19's (one gray, one black). I've also got a CZ P-07, a Shield and a full size apex'd M&P9 (which will soon get an Apex barrel). So I should feel good with what I have, but I can't shake the feeling that I need another 19.

Trying to decide between a 19 MOS, a different colored 19, or a 17.

misfit47
09-09-16, 06:43
I really like mine. Plan to add 1 more to the stable. Blue label makes them a no Brainer choice. Just need to find a shorter light than my x300 that wot stick out past the muzzle.

Gary1911A1
09-09-16, 09:30
On the Glock 19 there are a total of 34 parts if you don't include the frame. Anybody with just basic mechanical skills can completely detail strip it after watching a good video with only a few tools. Mags, parts, holsters are readily available and affordable. How many pistols can make these claims?

WillBrink
09-09-16, 09:47
...for some reason.

And I've had several 19s. Only Glock I currently have is a 26. I do favor my HKs.

But I think I could find a use for a 19. I suppose I best make it happen. Have a feeling it'll all dry up again in a month or so.

Me, every time I have a pang for one I go to the store and hold one, and the pang is gone. Never been a big fan of Glock ergo, trigger etc, but I find the 19 worst of them all and would take a M&P or HK Vp9 all day over the 19. My limited range experience didn't improve my view of the 19.

Having said that, the 19 seems a truly sweet spot size for so many people, so if ergos, etc are not an issue, get one!

tgizzard
09-09-16, 10:04
Having said that, the 19 seems a truly sweet spot size for so many people, so if ergos, etc are not an issue, get one!

I must be in the minority, because I actually like grip / the way it feels in my hand. After taking my newly acquired 19 to the range this past week, my like of the grip / feel was only reinforced. Thing is accurate as hell too. Now I have a pang to go out and buy a 17 to match.

WillBrink
09-09-16, 10:09
I must be in the minority, because I actually like grip / the way it feels in my hand. After taking my newly acquired 19 to the range this past week, my like of the grip / feel was only reinforced. Thing is accurate as hell too. Now I have a pang to go out and buy a 17 to match.

I think you're in the majority no? I think I'm in the minority on this one. I find the recent gen 17s much better ergo wise, but more than happy with other choices already owned so no compelling reason to get one at this time.

tgizzard
09-09-16, 10:14
I think you're in the majority no? I think I'm in the minority on this one. I find the recent gen 17s much better ergo wise, but more than happy with other choices already owned so no compelling reason to get one at this time.

Good point. I guess I was basing my comment on more than just your previous statement. I was also thinking about all the stippling jobs people get to improve the grip and feel of their Glock when writing my reply. Yeah I handled a gen4 17 when I picked up my 19, if I had had the cash on hand I would have walked out with that as well.

ramairthree
09-09-16, 11:35
I have owned one for over 25 years.

Yes it is a sweet spot in size.
In my opinion the bench mark for a compact pistol.

As for ergs,
While I am used to the grip angle and mush/sproing trigger after all these years,
It is not my preferred, natural choice.

It is like the layout of the old Toyota truck/4Runner/surf/hilux.
Not dreamy but functional and works and you get used to and at home in them.

So yeah, the Glock 19 is like the hi lux of pistols.
Maybe you prefer the new 4 runners, sequoia, jeep, land cruiser, defender, Etc. but there is no rational argument displacing it's functional and ubiquitous role in the world.

Did I prefer metal, SA or Da/SA guns from other perspectives? Yes.
But at the end of the day I am balls deep in black polymer 9mm pistols that say Glock on them.

sva01
09-09-16, 14:24
Was at the LGS earlier this week and saw a Gen 4, 19 Talo edition that comes with an Ameriglo front night sight (green dot with orange ring) and U notch, blacked out rear. It was only $40 more than the OEM version with the crappy plastic sights. Seems like you'd be hard pressed to do it any cheaper...

Not my image...

Better picture:

http://modernwarriors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Glock19TALO-7a.jpg

WickedWillis
09-09-16, 14:29
Was at the LGS earlier this week and saw a Gen 4, 19 Talo edition that comes with an Ameriglo front night sight (green dot with orange ring) and U notch, blacked out rear. It was only $40 more than the OEM version with the crappy plastic sights. Seems like you'd be hard pressed to do it any cheaper...

Not my image...

Those look damn close to the Trijicon HD's

PaLEOjd
09-09-16, 14:29
The Glock 19 is the perfect pistol IMO. Go for it, you won't regret buying one.

Boba Fett v2
09-09-16, 15:10
I'm convinced that my gen 2 19 is the only Glock I'll ever own. I'm fan of HKs and German made Sigs, but the G19 is definately something that I need to keep in my private arsenal.

seribralcrow
09-09-16, 16:39
Hard to go wrong with a 19 (I have 2). I have taken quite a liking to my 43 though.

GregP220
09-09-16, 16:47
I have 3 and a 4th is not something I'd rule out. Size efficiency is unbeatable.

Sikiguya
09-09-16, 17:34
I've had this same feeling lately. Sent my M&P9 back to smith due to accuracy problems and they're sending it back saying nothing is wrong... Really makes me want to trade it and maybe my ppq in on a few G19s.
Are you aware of the twist difference and accuracy difference in the newer barrel? They are marked by two dimples.

I also find myself looking at the Glock 19s...but then I play with the PPQs...and I change my mind.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

AOBrien
09-09-16, 18:55
Are you aware of the twist difference and accuracy difference in the newer barrel? They are marked by two dimples.

I also find myself looking at the Glock 19s...but then I play with the PPQs...and I change my mind.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I am very aware, that's why I sent it back was to have the barrel replaced.. Just got it back with a note saying that accuracy was acceptable and met factory standards with the bold barrel. I LOVE my ppq and it's the only poly pistol I've had that the only thing I wanted to change were the sights, but with everyone always taking and recommending the g19 I feel like I'm missing something. I'm a huge fan of the m&p ergos and I'm going to give it a few more range trips to see if it is me or the gun but if I decided to get rid of it it'll be for a g19 or another ppq. If I get the glock it'll be to have a direct comparison to the ppq to make the choice between the two. Then after I figure out which I want I'll trade the one I don't towards the other to have two of the same pistol to train with.

But yes I LOVE my ppq m1

Sikiguya
09-09-16, 20:02
Buy a double dimple barrel of eBay for the M&I. Then sell yours. I'd try that before getting rid of it. I don't think you are missing anything. The Glock has great attributes...but it still has the Gluck trigger. I have a 17 and 26...the PPQ trigger is head and shoulder above it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

noonesshowmonkey
09-09-16, 22:07
...with everyone always taking and recommending the g19 I feel like I'm missing something.

Then after I figure out which I want I'll trade the one I don't towards the other to have two of the same pistol to train with.

But yes I LOVE my ppq m1

Honestly, if I weren't invested in Glocks, and they weren't also analogues to issue weapons, I'd just have a PPQ. As is, my purchases have been driven by having training kit that is analogous to my issue kit, so p229 and glocks.

JRead100
09-10-16, 19:22
Back when I was looking for my first handgun, a buddy told me to get a Glock 19. Well, and FNX40, Beretta 96A1, Kahr CW9, and a VP9 later I have a Glock 19 Gen4. The size really is spot on... I don't understand it either. Just a teeeeeny bit smaller than the 17 but it makes all the difference. I tried not to like Glocks, but noticed how well I shot my Glock 22 work gun, and now I shoot the 19 just as good/better than the 22. The VP9 kills the G19 in the ergo department though, obviously.

Question for you glock guys - how many of yall have done a hump reduction on your 19? Thoughts? I love how the beavertail feels on the medium beavertail backstrap, but when I have it on, the hump is too pronounced. With it off, I don't really mind the hump. I'm going to send it off to Polymer Refined and get a stipple job done soon, and I'm trying to decide if I should get the hump reduction also. But then I saw how some people shorten the beavertail backstraps so they don't cover the hump... decisions decisions!

SW CQB 45
09-10-16, 23:40
Question for you glock guys - how many of yall have done a hump reduction on your 19? Thoughts? I love how the beavertail feels on the medium beavertail backstrap, but when I have it on, the hump is too pronounced. With it off, I don't really mind the hump. I'm going to send it off to Polymer Refined and get a stipple job done soon, and I'm trying to decide if I should get the hump reduction also. But then I saw how some people shorten the beavertail backstraps so they don't cover the hump... decisions decisions!

I will add my two cents ref the hump reduction.

I would not try it unless you handled/shot one and were sold on its benefits.

The dept I work at has a G26 Gen3 in evidence that was humpless. I have large hands and it feels odd to me. It was actually awarded to the dept for dept use or destroy and we kept it, however all semi autos were picked up to be sent to a lab for ballistic testing. We will eventually get it back.

anyway.....I have a Gen 4 and cut a MED backstop with scissors, sanded and polished. I went this route because I will be getting a magwell.

good luck with your decision

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/SWCQB45/Gun/FullSizeRender_10_zpstfeeqnzp.jpg (http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/SWCQB45/media/Gun/FullSizeRender_10_zpstfeeqnzp.jpg.html)

JRead100
09-12-16, 00:28
I will add my two cents ref the hump reduction.

I would not try it unless you handled/shot one and were sold on its benefits.

The dept I work at has a G26 Gen3 in evidence that was humpless. I have large hands and it feels odd to me. It was actually awarded to the dept for dept use or destroy and we kept it, however all semi autos were picked up to be sent to a lab for ballistic testing. We will eventually get it back.

anyway.....I have a Gen 4 and cut a MED backstop with scissors, sanded and polished. I went this route because I will be getting a magwell.

good luck with your decision

*image removed*

Thanks for the advice! I think I'm leaning towards not doing it, and going the same route you did with the modified backstrap. Does the cut edge of the backstrap bother you at all when you have a good grip on the gun or do you barely notice it? Also, I imagine with the backstrap cut short like that it lessens the feel of the hump at least a little bit because of the extra thickness of the backstrap.

SW CQB 45
09-12-16, 21:59
I don't feel the bottom edge of the backstrap. One thing to note about me, I have extremely large hands and long fingers. I do feel a slight difference with the backstrap install.

Now if I could find a texture that matches the factory look, I would do the flats that were once finger grooves and the same texture for the thumb placements.

Friday will be week 4.....waiting on my RMR ed upper to return.