PDA

View Full Version : Zootopia (Review)

WillBrink
09-05-16, 09:41
Good fun and well done. A bit heavy handed on the social messages and the "you can be who ever you want if you just try hard enough" stuff but Disney does not do subtle well compared to say Pixar. Solid CGI and visuals. Still, if you're into such movies as I am, worth a watch. B+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWM0ct-OLsM

eightmillimeter
09-05-16, 11:01
The DMV sloth scene is some of the funniest I've seen in years

WillBrink
09-05-16, 11:26

And spot on to boot :cool:

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-05-16, 14:10
Kids wanted it, we got it. Not bad to watch. Pretty good story line, actually kind of complex for a kids movie. Didn't know it was Disney because the mom didn't die in the first act of the movie.

Social stuff in the movie isn't too bad or offensive. The all time worst was 'Antz', though I think I hated the Penguin movie more, I've kind of tried to forgot about it.

No "The Incredibles", but still pretty good.

Falar
09-05-16, 14:51
Kids wanted it, we got it. Not bad to watch. Pretty good story line, actually kind of complex for a kids movie. Didn't know it was Disney because the mom didn't die in the first act of the movie.

Social stuff in the movie isn't too bad or offensive. The all time worst was 'Antz', though I think I hated the Penguin movie more, I've kind of tried to forgot about it.

No "The Incredibles", but still pretty good.

My daughter has taken to watching the incredibles a lot lately so I've seen a bit of it now and like the part where Bob rants about mediocrity. Not what I would expect from Hollyweird.

Firefly
09-05-16, 15:23
Lemme guess:
Pissant girl cop proves herself to the world, makes nice with a misunderstood ne'er-do-well, and "makes a difference"?

BILLYCOCK!

In my day we watched Secret of NIMH and The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth and if you didn't walk away all mind screwed and questioning society then you were not paying attention.

Dennis
09-05-16, 15:56
Pretty good but no idea why the cops had less weapons than an English bobby...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

cbx
09-05-16, 16:38
My oldest really likes it. I like it too. It's actually very funny.

It's a bit heavy on the social justice thing. But, one thing that I genuinely appreciate that they made it very honest about how sjw types really are.

Instead of just the feely parts of social justice, they give you all of it. Good and bad. Mainly the fact that what they do is usually agenda driven.

So the take home for is yeah, no shit we're all different. Deal with it. And don't trust the lambs, they'll lead you to the gas chamber.

Bulletdog
09-05-16, 17:51

I couldn't stand that part. Drove me crazy. It dragged on wayyyyyy to long.

MountainRaven
09-05-16, 18:41
I couldn't stand that part. Drove me crazy. It dragged on wayyyyyy to long.

I thought it was funny the first time I saw it in the trailer. After that... not so much. If I ever see this movie, I'm fast forwarding through it.

Circle_10
09-05-16, 20:21
Pretty good but no idea why the cops had less weapons than an English bobby...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Aren't the cops rhinos and cape buffalo? Charging might be effective.

So did humans never evolve in this world? Or were they wiped out in some sort of extinction event, like a pandemic or something, and then the animals evolved to rebuild a grand new world from the ashes of the old? Or, did the animals rise up and actively engage in a genocidal campaign against the humans, ridding the earth of them once and for all?

jstalford
09-05-16, 20:39

I died. Had to watch that part twice.

Bulletdog
09-05-16, 23:32
I thought it was funny the first time I saw it in the trailer. After that... not so much. If I ever see this movie, I'm fast forwarding through it.

Yeah. The first 10 seconds were amusing, but once I got the joke and they kept going on and on with it, I enjoyed it less and less.