PDA

View Full Version : AR Trigger Advice

AR-556
09-06-16, 09:45
I will just cut to the chase and say it; My AR-556 trigger sux! I don't know what S&W did to the factory trigger of my 4 year old Sport 1, but, I like it! From day 1 it was very smooth and not "gritty" like the Ruger trigger feels. I had the Sport1's trigger checked after owning it for about a month or so and the pull weight averaged out to 5.9 lbs after 3 tries, if I remember correctly. I do remember it was not over 6 lbs.
I don't shoot competition, I don't hunt anymore, and where I live the only thing around me is corn, sugar cane, and soy beans. I have a few targets set up at several distances and would like to be able to hit them without having to fight the trigger. Anyway, here are 3 choices in which I would very much like to get an expertise opinion on;

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/alg-defense-quality-mil-spec-trigger-ar-15-ar-10-8620-alloy-steel-65lbs-small-pin-black-qms-2-algqms.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/usm4-ar-15-enhanced-mil-spec-fire-control-group-titanium-nitride-finish-700600851513.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/bravo-company-manufacturing-bcm-pnt-polished-nickel-teflon-trigger-assembly-ar-15-mil-spec-aisi8620-alloy-steel-small-pin-nickel-teflon-plating-bcm-pnt-ta1-812526020451.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

Or, is there a way in which I can do some polising to certain parts of the trigger, buy different springs, or, anything else possible to make my factory trigger smoother and lower the pull weight?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

MWT
09-06-16, 10:31
Out of those three, my favorite is the BCM. It just feels nicer to me, even nicer than the ALG ACT. I would'nt mess around with different trigger springs, they often cause light primer strikes. If you can stretch that budget, check out the Hiperfire EDT series of triggers.

Rogue556
09-06-16, 10:58
The BCM trigger really is great for the price, and if I was looking for a trigger that doesn't break the bank that'd be it. I haven't used any of the ALG triggers but I'd assume, after running numerous Geissele triggers in my current rifles, that they are good triggers. Another option is the Larue MBT which can be had for $99-$199 depending on how long you're willing to wait for them to make it and ship. Another option is to go with one of Geissele's cheaper options like the G2S.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

bighawk
09-06-16, 12:37
I have the BCM trigger and the equally priced ALG ACT both are quite nice for the price. These triggers are smooth cleaned up Mil Spec triggers without the grittiness found in most of the standard triggers I have had or used.

If you were interested in spending a bit more I also have a few of the Geissele G2S triggers which can be had for about $120 if you catch them on sale every few months and are great triggers. There will be a much more noticeable difference VS the BCM and ALG triggers but if all you are looking for is a more consistent cleaned up trigger pull with out the creep and grit the ALG and BCM triggers should do just that for you.

ColtSeavers
09-06-16, 15:25
ALG ACT or BCM PNT.

I have ALG ACTs in all of my ARs, and everyone that uses them is happy with them.

MSW
09-06-16, 15:43
Of the 3, I agree the BCM would be the best option, but I would second the Geissele G2S nomination.

mjpgolf1
09-06-16, 15:55
Either the BCM or ALG will do just fine for what you want. I would also second what some have said about the Geiselle G2S if you can swing it. Its been on sale all weekend and you may still be able to find it somewhere for $125 if you look. It's a great trigger and is a huge step up from all of the triggers you listed. I have the G2S in one of my ARs and also a Geiselle SDE with the flat trigger bow in one of my others, and I love Geiselle products. I may try the LaRue MBT next but not because I'm not happy with the Geiselle stuff.

TomMcC
09-06-16, 16:16
I will just cut to the chase and say it; My AR-556 trigger sux! I don't know what S&W did to the factory trigger of my 4 year old Sport 1, but, I like it! From day 1 it was very smooth and not "gritty" like the Ruger trigger feels. I had the Sport1's trigger checked after owning it for about a month or so and the pull weight averaged out to 5.9 lbs after 3 tries, if I remember correctly. I do remember it was not over 6 lbs.
I don't shoot competition, I don't hunt anymore, and where I live the only thing around me is corn, sugar cane, and soy beans. I have a few targets set up at several distances and would like to be able to hit them without having to fight the trigger. Anyway, here are 3 choices in which I would very much like to get an expertise opinion on;

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/alg-defense-quality-mil-spec-trigger-ar-15-ar-10-8620-alloy-steel-65lbs-small-pin-black-qms-2-algqms.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/usm4-ar-15-enhanced-mil-spec-fire-control-group-titanium-nitride-finish-700600851513.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/bravo-company-manufacturing-bcm-pnt-polished-nickel-teflon-trigger-assembly-ar-15-mil-spec-aisi8620-alloy-steel-small-pin-nickel-teflon-plating-bcm-pnt-ta1-812526020451.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

Or, is there a way in which I can do some polising to certain parts of the trigger, buy different springs, or, anything else possible to make my factory trigger smoother and lower the pull weight?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

You could look at the mini review I did on the Hiperfire EDT2 a little down the page. If you're going with one of the 3 you listed, I'd go with the known (at least to me) brands. Namely the ALG or the BCM. I doubt that either would feel or pull significantly different from the other.

cbthedookie
09-06-16, 16:24
I think the "willing to wait a bit for it" LaRue MBT-2s is the absolute best trigger deal available for an AR. It is two stage, so different from your s&w trigger, but I think it is a bigger step up than the cleaned up milspec. I have an uninstalled PNT, so can't compare directly; however it is comparable to my SSA and SSA-E geissele in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjpgolf1
09-06-16, 16:37
I think the "willing to wait a bit for it" LaRue MBT-2s is the absolute best trigger deal available for an AR. It is two stage, so different from your s&w trigger, but I think it is a bigger step up than the cleaned up milspec. I have an uninstalled PNT, so can't compare directly; however it is comparable to my SSA and SSA-E geissele in my opinion.

How long is the usual wait time on the (willing to wait) trigger? Just a ballpark, not going to hold you to it. I'm thinking about ordering one but wondering how long the wait usually is instead of paying an $80 premium to have it quick.

Sorry OP, I was just going to PM cbthedookie, but figured it was a relevant question and the answer may play a part in your decision here if you decided to go with a bit better option.

AR-556
09-06-16, 16:54
All GREAT advice! Thank you!
I am kind of pulling towards the BCM trigger.
I had asked in my opening post about polishing the factory trigger parts. Will this make any noticeable difference? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

TomMcC
09-06-16, 17:01
I probably wouldn't do that, it could go bad and ruin the trigger. Put some decent grease on the sear/hammer notch and shoot that baby.

Renegade04
09-06-16, 17:01
ALG ACT or BCM PNT.

I have ALG ACTs in all of my ARs, and everyone that uses them is happy with them.

I agree with the ALG ACT and the BCM PNT. Another to consider is the PSA EPT, but they are temporarily out of stock right now. They have also had some good reviews.

340pd
09-06-16, 17:11
I agree with the ALG ACT and the BCM PNT. Another to consider is the PSA EPT, but they are temporarily out of stock right now. They have also had some good reviews.
I have the PSA EPT and it was a nice low cost upgrade. That said, I am awaiting the delivery of my Geissele G2S.

AR-556
09-06-16, 17:21
I probably wouldn't do that, it could go bad and ruin the trigger. Put some decent grease on the sear/hammer notch and shoot that baby.

Thank you. I will do that until I decide/save for an upgrade trigger.

mjpgolf1
09-06-16, 18:07
All GREAT advice! Thank you!
I am kind of pulling towards the BCM trigger.
I had asked in my opening post about polishing the factory trigger parts. Will this make any noticeable difference? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

If you take your time and avoid using any power tools you can make a factory mil spec trigger a little better. I've had success removing gritty feeling in a mil spec trigger by using some very light wet sandpaper lightly polishing the contact points. It's a lot of work for just a little result but if you have the time you could give it a shot. I would maybe experiment with it after you get the new trigger just in case you go too far. A light polish and some good grease can make a gritty trigger better though.

cbthedookie
09-06-16, 18:41
How long is the usual wait time on the (willing to wait) trigger? Just a ballpark, not going to hold you to it. I'm thinking about ordering one but wondering how long the wait usually is instead of paying an $80 premium to have it quick.

Sorry OP, I was just going to PM cbthedookie, but figured it was a relevant question and the answer may play a part in your decision here if you decided to go with a bit better option.

I received two about a month ago; I think it took about 3 weeks from submitting the order. They may be down to two weeks or so now. There are a few threads on TOS with reviews and wait times.

BuzzinSATX
09-06-16, 18:45
I have the Liberty Fighting Trigger on my last lower I bought (from Sons of Liberty Gun Works) and it is very nice. I usually go with an ALG ACT but I really prefer this one now.

https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/collections/accessories/products/liberty-fighting-trigger-1?variant=10449738113

cougar_guy04
09-06-16, 19:34
Either the BCM or ALG will do just fine for what you want. I would also second what some have said about the Geiselle G2S if you can swing it. Its been on sale all weekend and you may still be able to find it somewhere for $125 if you look. It's a great trigger and is a huge step up from all of the triggers you listed. I have the G2S in one of my ARs and also a Geiselle SDE with the flat trigger bow in one of my others, and I love Geiselle products. I may try the LaRue MBT next but not because I'm not happy with the Geiselle stuff.
Someone posted this on a local forum, DPMS is selling "contract overrun" G2S triggers for $110 (no instructions, no grease vial):
http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html

I've got 3 guns with the G2S in them and really like the value for the cost. Everything else has an ALG ACT in it (including my 3-gun build that's in process). I'm curious to try the PNT, a couple friends have used them and speak highly of them.

MeanCarbine
09-06-16, 19:43
I prefer my Right to Bear Arms NP3 trigger to my SIONICS. I believe it has a lighter trigger spring.

TomMcC
09-07-16, 02:09
If you take your time and avoid using any power tools you can make a factory mil spec trigger a little better. I've had success removing gritty feeling in a mil spec trigger by using some very light wet sandpaper lightly polishing the contact points. It's a lot of work for just a little result but if you have the time you could give it a shot. I would maybe experiment with it after you get the new trigger just in case you go too far. A light polish and some good grease can make a gritty trigger better though.

Both the ALG and BCM triggers are polished from the factory.

556BlackRifle
09-07-16, 03:16
I have several rifles running ACT triggers and I really like it. Recently I picked up a PNT and while it's much better than a mil-spec trigger, it doesn't feel as smooth as my ACT triggers. I greased it up with some of the lube that came with my SSA-E and it smoothed right out. So, I prefer the ALG ACT over the BCM PNT but only by a little. They are both very good triggers for the money and I have no doubt that either will serve you well.

AR-556
09-07-16, 03:49
I was on Brownell's website looking at AR-15 parts. I came across this trigger, in which Brownell's states that it's new to their website. It's also adjustable. Opinions?

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-ar-10-enhanced-duty-trigger2-prod87857.aspx?avs%7cMake_3=AR-15

mjpgolf1
09-07-16, 06:53
Both the ALG and BCM triggers are polished from the factory.

I'm aware that those are, but OP was asking about polishing his factory mil spec trigger and I recommended he wait until after buying whatever trigger he decides on so he doesn't screw up his only trigger.

mjpgolf1
09-07-16, 06:56
I was on Brownell's website looking at AR-15 parts. I came across this trigger, in which Brownell's states that it's new to their website. It's also adjustable. Opinions?

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-ar-10-enhanced-duty-trigger2-prod87857.aspx?avs%7cMake_3=AR-15

In my opinion, if you're going to have one gun with one trigger I wouldn't venture too far from Geiselle in the aftermarket world, Those options are proven and popular enough to know that they are industry leaders. Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth.

I would snatch up one of those G2S from the link above at DPMS website for the $100 or so. That's the ticket there man.

TomMcC
09-07-16, 07:58
I'm aware that those are, but OP was asking about polishing his factory mil spec trigger and I recommended he wait until after buying whatever trigger he decides on so he doesn't screw up his only trigger.

Gotcha

Falar
09-07-16, 08:38
In my opinion, if you're going to have one gun with one trigger I wouldn't venture too far from Geiselle in the aftermarket world, Those options are proven and popular enough to know that they are industry leaders. Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth.

I would snatch up one of those G2S from the link above at DPMS website for the $100 or so. That's the ticket there man.

A lot of sales just ended too where even the more expensive Geisseles could be had for $180. I know I added another SSA-E during this past weekend's labor day sales. I waffled on the 4th of July ones and missed out and paid full price for one to finish a build but not this time. A trigger the quality of a Geissele SSA/S3G, etc for that price is an incredible deal IMO.

I believe LaRue responded to those by having a sale on their triggers at $99 and that may still be going on. I have no experience with those though ohters seem to be happy with them.

MWT
09-07-16, 09:35

I have the EDT3, which is like a EDT2 but with a different, flat-ish trigger shoe. It's "adjustable" by changing out the main spring, so no screws or anything like that. I really like it, it has a more defined break than the BCM PNT with less take up. Quieter reset than the PNT if that matters to you. The only one-up in my opinion is a 2-stage from Geissele.

henschman
09-07-16, 12:21
I went with the LaRue MBT trigger on 4 of mine, and if I did another build, would use it again. I think I waited a little less than 2 months to get mine. I wasn't bothered by the wait -- I had functional triggers on the rifles in question, so it wasn't a real pressing need or anything. Sure was a nice upgrade though. It has a fairly long reset compared to some others... but this doesn't bother me, as I can still shoot as fast as I ever want to with it, and in my experience a super short reset is synonymous with a super short service life... an observation that was recently confirmed by a friend of mine who recently left a job at a trigger manufacturer. Reliability is the number one concern for me with any part that goes on my fighting rifles.

AR-556
09-07-16, 13:10
A lot of sales just ended too where even the more expensive Geisseles could be had for $180. I know I added another SSA-E during this past weekend's labor day sales. I waffled on the 4th of July ones and missed out and paid full price for one to finish a build but not this time. A trigger the quality of a Geissele SSA/S3G, etc for that price is an incredible deal IMO.

I believe LaRue responded to those by having a sale on their triggers at $99 and that may still be going on. I have no experience with those though ohters seem to be happy with them.

Can you post the link to that site/trigger link? Thank You.

Falar
09-07-16, 15:55
http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger

Still 99 but have to wait.

AR-556
09-07-16, 16:16
http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger

Still 99 but have to wait.

I just registered and chose the "I can wait" option.

bighawk
09-07-16, 18:00
Keep an eye out in the equipment exchange you can often find good deals on triggers there as well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPM
09-07-16, 22:01
Once you shoot a Geissele, you'll never go back. I'm surprised this question doesn't get the same response as first AR questions. I believe Geissele triggers are the gold standard in aftermarket triggers- wait and spend a little bit more.

Falar
09-07-16, 22:35
Once you shoot a Geissele, you'll never go back. I'm surprised this question doesn't get the same response as first AR questions. I believe Geissele triggers are the gold standard in aftermarket triggers- wait and spend a little bit more.

I agree. Certified reliable by Crane as well. Can't say that for the "cassette triggers".

bighawk
09-08-16, 00:35
The SSA is what I judge every trigger on since it was my first.. I have 5 Geissele triggers and they are without question worth every penny.. The G2S is hard to tell apart from the SSA in feel and it's quite a bit cheaper.

I have the BCM and ALG triggers in guns that are waiting on Geissele triggers which I picked up on the Labor Day sale and they're great for the cost but don't compare in any way to a Geissele.

I'm a huge fan of instant gratification and I know saving 120-200 bucks for a trigger seems like a lot but it's SO worth it in the long run. Wait another 2 or 3 months and spend that spare cash on a Geissele you won't be disappointed I guarantee that.

mjpgolf1
09-08-16, 07:03
I just registered and chose the "I can wait" option.

You will be very happy with the MBT as well. Either the LaRue MBT or the Geiselle G2S is a great choice. The LaRue may be finished a bit better at that price range but they both will feel great.

340pd
09-08-16, 07:40
I went with a Geissele G2S for about $125. The "I can wait" two tier price system of some competitors totally turns me off.

Microadventure
09-08-16, 08:37
polishing your trigger is simple, but tiresome. use a fine knife sharpening stone and abrade until smooth

hardening it properly afterward properly may be more difficult. all my life ignorant people have told me that heating metal up red hot and plunging it in oil tempers that metal. I hesitate to do what misinformed people tell me to do even when I know the outcome will be what I want, on the theory that the misinformed people missed a few steps while gaining their misinformation. that is how you harden steel, tempering is rather more involved. hardening without tempering makes steel brittle. proper tempering requires a firebrick oven to retain heat while you heat the contact parts of the mechanism to just the right shade of blue, and you need to allow it to cool slowly over a long time in the firebrick oven.

I would do that with an extra sear or hammer, not with my only sear or hammer, because I can think of any number of ways to mess that up the first time I tried it.

RandomGunNut
09-13-16, 16:46
I was asking asking the same question till I tried a g2s. Got it on sale for 135 and could not be happier! + 1 for the g2s

_Stormin_
09-14-16, 06:04
If someone is going to try to polish and heat treat their own trigger, I see bad things happening in their firearm future.

The "which trigger" thread happens often enough here, and I am shocked that IG hasn't chimed in with some of the instances in which home polishing jobs went wrong...

For a lower cost option BCM/ALG are great. I was skeptical at first, but now have them in a couple of carbines that are backups and dollar for dollar they're just fine.

Anything beyond? Geissele. The G2S is great as an entry level. My personal favorite is the SD-E.

Aragorn77
09-14-16, 21:21

zackmars
09-15-16, 20:05
The various "enhanced" triggers are pretty much all the same, to me at least. BCM, ALG, Sionics...

They feel very much like a worn in milspec unit, quite nice

But (imho) nothing stacks up to a geissele, as stated, the only aftermarket trigger to be certified by Crane...

I like the larue, but the shape of the trigger face is flat, and has edges, unlike G triggers.

Hammertime
09-18-16, 17:52
First of all, Cheaper Than Dirt can **** Right OFF! Their history of shenanigans and price gouging make them an off-limits site for me and my buddies.

Secondly, just roll with the best you can afford according to your long/short-term collection/defense plans and budget. For me that is that every AR trigger will be a Geissele (90% of the time), Timney, CM, WC, or other fine trigger. My pistols will wear enhanced triggers where it makes sense. My AKs will wear ALG AKT (and in the future AKT-E) or other enhanced AK triggers as they become available in the future. So, I have a high standard. The stock triggers that come in almost every weapon system are terrible. Good luck

HT

Nicklesworth
09-18-16, 19:03
I couldn't be happier with my GS2. Perfect balance of cost and performance.

Nicklesworth

AppalachianThunder
09-18-16, 22:56
I've been shooting a Sionics trigger for the last few months and I'm very happy with it. Not much creep, if any, and it breaks clean. Take into consideration I'm not a fan of overly sensitive triggers in semi autos. Bolt guns is another story

clarkz71
09-19-16, 04:11

This is a factual post. I too made the same mistake as many here, bought the ACT and while
it was a huge improvement over the horrible stock Colt trigger, just wasn't quite good enough.
Trigger pull went from 8 lbs 8 oz to around 6 lbs.

I returned it and bought the Geissele SSA. What a great feeling trigger
2 stage total pull 4½ lbs. Worth every penny.

tumbler
09-25-16, 15:51
If you're going to spend 50-60 bucks on one of those triggers, just throw a couple more bucks in and get a good one. POF drop in kits including KNS pins were just on sale for $104, RISE Armament has a drop in that can regularly be had for $99. Both great options

Pandaz3
10-09-16, 01:58
Like everyone else I believe in a aftermarket trigger. I have Geissele, Ruger, Rock River, and several versions of Tac-Con, and all have made me happy. As a side note the Ruger MSR 452 trigger (I think that is correct) came in a plastic housing that had a grip and selector/safety switch just as an AR would. Real easy to test your trigger and wonderful for teaching "Trigger reset".

ozarkpugs
10-09-16, 08:05
I have a velocity in my 20" bull and love it but for a carbine and general purpose gun the above mentioned Ruger Mark is the best deal available especially on a new build as the grip it comes with is better than the factory Ruger grip and the safety is oversized. Just bought a lower kit minus trigger assembly & grip for 30 and Ruger msr for a new stripped lower.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Pandaz3
10-09-16, 08:59
I guess it would be a good Idea to include a link (http://shopruger.com/Ruger-Elite-452-AR-Trigger/productinfo/90461/) to that Ruger trigger so you can see the housing. It is a two stage trigger, very smooth. I put one on a DDM4V3 that I had ordered many moons ago and did not realize Daniel's Defense would put a Geissele in at the factory if you ordered them that way, the Ruger trigger was a breath of fresh air. Oh well I assemble them for myself now

pinzgauer
10-09-16, 09:08
the Ruger MSR 452 trigger (I think that is correct) came in a plastic housing that had a grip and selector/safety switch just as an AR would.

I'm not anti Ruger in general, but this is the last thing I'd want in my carbine, for several reasons.

I'll just say it, if you can't shoot a carbine well with a decent, crisp 6# trigger, then something else is going on.

Just really do not get why folks try to turn fighting carbines and pistols into bench rest guns

I like the LMT two stage, some of the Geisele enhanced triggers. But beyond that has no place in a fighting carbine, in my view.

Pandaz3
10-09-16, 09:30
Well my fighting days are done, This trigger will work just fine for self defense. I have a half dozen other AR's including a Colt with a 6# trigger just to satisfy you, it is the heaviest trigger I have the lightest is a Lantac/CMC that is 3.5#, all they offer, I like it too

themonk
10-09-16, 09:45
FYI to all those in this thread. DPMS has a huge sale going on for Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) Trigger - http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html

$109.99

Pandaz3
10-09-16, 11:17
That is a good deal, I have three spare triggers right now, and assembling two lowers, but I'm done for now.

justin_247
10-09-16, 15:05
FYI to all those in this thread. DPMS has a huge sale going on for Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) Trigger - http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html

$109.99

+1. Awesome deal.

Zirk208
10-09-16, 16:49
Given that the OP of this thread is now a a banned member...I'd say these replies are kinda pointless.

Singlestack Wonder
10-09-16, 17:17
I guess it would be a good Idea to include a link (http://shopruger.com/Ruger-Elite-452-AR-Trigger/productinfo/90461/) to that Ruger trigger so you can see the housing. It is a two stage trigger, very smooth. I put one on a DDM4V3 that I had ordered many moons ago and did not realize Daniel's Defense would put a Geissele in at the factory if you ordered them that way, the Ruger trigger was a breath of fresh air. Oh well I assemble them for myself now

ruger and serious rifles don't belong in the same sentence...

Pandaz3
10-09-16, 17:50
Other than 10-22's I don't own any Ruger rifles. For serious rifles mine say Winchester on them. I do have several Ruger handguns and I think they are serious.

Rogue556
10-09-16, 20:36

$109.99
Thanks, went ahead and picked one up. After the tax and shipping it was $126.xx in case anyone is wondering. Shipping was expensive for such a small item and not sure why they charged sales tax but it's still a pretty good deal.

mjpgolf1
10-09-16, 21:23
So it's basically back up to the same price that you can usually get one on sale for. They can be had for around the $120 mark a few times a year and I think the G2S from DPMS doesn't come with all the usual Geissele packaging, grease, and goodies that they usually do. I don't know why they are selling them like that but while it's a good deal it's really not as good as it appears. They suck you in with the $109 and then make up the difference on shipping. It costs $2-$4 to ship a package that small for me so I'm sure they get a commercial discount. Regardless it's a great trigger for the money and you will absolutely love it.

Rogue556
10-09-16, 22:35
Yea, I've got the SD3G and SD-E in my other guns and they've been great, so I figured I'd give this one a shot for the price. Ironically enough when I went to order it and check the over all price I put in the card information and there was no order review screen, I hit check out thinking there would be a review screen like most sites and it just charged me. I didn't know the complete amount until I was charged.. The extra almost $8 in taxes didn't show up until it was too late. A little pissed off (because I really don't want to give DPMS any more money than I have to) but it was still an ok deal so whatever.. Lesson learned.

Iraqgunz
10-09-16, 22:41
Some states tax all sales, including internet sales.

Thanks, went ahead and picked one up. After the tax and shipping it was $126.xx in case anyone is wondering. Shipping was expensive for such a small item and not sure why they charged sales tax but it's still a pretty good deal.

mjpgolf1
10-09-16, 22:46
Yea, I've got the SD3G and SD-E in my other guns and they've been great, so I figured I'd give this one a shot for the price. Ironically enough when I went to order it and check the over all price I put in the card information and there was no order review screen, I hit check out thinking there would be a review screen like most sites and it just charged me. I didn't know the complete amount until I was charged.. The extra almost $8 in taxes didn't show up until it was too late. A little pissed off (because I really don't want to give DPMS any more money than I have to) but it was still an ok deal so whatever.. Lesson learned.

Don't sweat it man. It's still a good price for a great trigger. It will work out fine.

Rogue556
10-10-16, 12:28
Some states tax all sales, including internet sales.
I did not know that. I've been pretty lucky up till now I suppose. Good to know for future reference.

Don't sweat it man. It's still a good price for a great trigger. It will work out fine.
Oh definitely. Still a good price so all is good. I'm definitely curious how it stacks up to the SD-E. If it is relatively comparable it may be my new go to trigger for other builds. We shall see..

mjpgolf1
10-10-16, 13:21
I did not know that. I've been pretty lucky up till now I suppose. Good to know for future reference.

Oh definitely. Still a good price so all is good. I'm definitely curious how it stacks up to the SD-E. If it is relatively comparable it may be my new go to trigger for other builds. We shall see..

The SD-E is much nicer. I have the SD-E in 2 of my rifles now and one of them replaced a G2S. The G2S is nice, but it's definetely no SD-E.

themonk
10-10-16, 19:09
It's more in line with the Super Semi-Automatic (SSA) vs the SD-E. Its essentially an SSA without the laser markings and the parts are only spot checked for MP.

indawire
10-12-16, 18:54
My Larue MBT took less than three weeks to arrive. Just installed it, no range time yet but I love the feel so far.

BuzzinSATX
10-13-16, 10:14
ruger and serious rifles don't belong in the same sentence...

You apparently never owned one of their older M77's. I had a few at various times, and sold them due to youthful ignorance (stupidity). All shot very well with factory ammo and exceptional with their favorite hand loads.

Arch
10-15-16, 12:18
Here's another vote for the BCM PNT group.

I currently have the following triggers installed: LaRue MBT; Geissele SSA; Geissele SSA-E; BCM PNT; Colt Factory; LWRC NB coated; POF 4.5# Single Stage. I've had many others RRA 2-Stage; ALG; etc.

For general use I'd rate them (all things considered) to worst:

BCM PNT (smooth, crisp, reasonable weight and INEXPENSIVE);
LaRue (with 6# spring);
SSA
POF 4.5# ($149 and crisp. However, I don't know if anyone has a feel for how durable they are)
SSA-E (too light for anything other than target practice)
LWRC (its basically a stock trigger with nickel boron coating)
Colt (they really have gritty, creepy and generally awful factory triggers)

For a "stock" trigger it is hard to beat BCM's PNT.

Arch
10-15-16, 12:24
To clarify...I placed teh BCM on top because of the price.

If money and time aren't an issue...

LaRue MBT
SSA

I have two MBT and two more on order. I have 1 SSA and 2 SSA-E. I bought both SSA-E at the same time. If I would have known how light they were I would have saved money and bought two more SSA. As it is, the two SSA-E rifles never leave the safe. I bet those two triggers don't have 300rds between them.

I don't own or shoot "DMR" type rifles. All of my ARs are set up for within 200 yards.

Run N Shoot
10-16-16, 06:53
Another budget option is the JMT drop in that was recently introduced. For $90 it may be worth a look.

slowlowmiata
11-23-16, 08:06
First of all, Cheaper Than Dirt can **** Right OFF! Their history of shenanigans and price gouging make them an off-limits site for me and my buddies.

Secondly, just roll with the best you can afford according to your long/short-term collection/defense plans and budget. For me that is that every AR trigger will be a Geissele (90% of the time), Timney, CM, WC, or other fine trigger. My pistols will wear enhanced triggers where it makes sense. My AKs will wear ALG AKT (and in the future AKT-E) or other enhanced AK triggers as they become available in the future. So, I have a high standard. The stock triggers that come in almost every weapon system are terrible. Good luck

HT
Hey man I'm trying to pm you. Can you clear your inbox?

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count