PDA

View Full Version : S&B PMII USMC model #

QuietShootr
09-06-08, 17:28
Does anyone know S&B's model number for the Marine Corps equivalent scope?

Damascus
09-11-08, 12:39
I'm not 100% sure on this, but perhaps it's the 3-12x50mm 944LPGENII... I served in the Army, so I don't know if the Marines use the same, might wanna e-mail S&B personally, I'm sure they'll let you know.
Is there any particular reason you want only this scope? It's pushing near $3K, IMHO, you could do a little better with your money... no offense intended, S&B is one of the best scope makers in the world, but for $3000 - you could set up an entire new rifle LOL... Or, almost buy 2 Leupold Mk4's or Nightforces, so you'll have a backup LOL... Is the S&B a great scope? Absolutely. Is it worth $2799? Not in my opinion ;)
Good luck!

Army Chief
09-11-08, 14:13
It's a highly individual decision, of course, but I would never question the expense of S&B glass. It will never come cheap, but I'm persuaded that $3k is still a reasonable outlay for best-in-class performance. That is absolutely what you're paying for, and absolutely what you'll get.

The moral of the story is that a $3k PM II might be steep for a tactical carbine, but it's actually money well spent in the context of a precision rig. If anything, your glass on such a rifle should run a bit higher than the cost of the base weapon itself.

Chief