PDA

View Full Version : Glock barrel marking

DirectTo
09-10-16, 23:02
Anyone seen this before? I know the pentagon indicates the barrel steel hardness, but I've never seen the "1" located to the left of it and have no idea what it could be.

The gun is a Gen 3 G19, Austrian made. Serials match on the frame, slide, and barrel. It is not a "Miami barrel".

I've done some Googling but can't find anything other than discussions about the pentagon symbol or having 3D or AT on the chamber.

http://i.imgur.com/bJavRGe.jpg

cathellsk
09-10-16, 23:50
It indicates a barrel change GLOCK made years ago. Specifically its for the downward slope at the front of the barrel hood compared to ones before it. The design change is still there to this day but they don't mark the barrel anymore that I've noticed.

DirectTo
09-11-16, 01:08
It indicates a barrel change GLOCK made years ago. Specifically its for the downward slope at the front of the barrel hood compared to ones before it. The design change is still there to this day but they don't mark the barrel anymore that I've noticed.
And that's why I love this board.

Thanks for the info.

Hero
09-11-16, 05:54
I thought the pentagon indicated that the rifling is polygonal.

DirectTo
09-11-16, 10:15
I thought the pentagon indicated that the rifling is polygonal.
Correct, my post wasn't clear. The pentagon itself indicates the polygonal rifling. A pentagon with a dot in the center of it indicates the newer, harder steel (somewhere post-HGW### as you can see).

Hero
09-11-16, 13:45
Correct, my post wasn't clear. The pentagon itself indicates the polygonal rifling. A pentagon with a dot in the center of it indicates the newer, harder steel (somewhere post-HGW### as you can see).

Oh, ok cool. Didn't know that about the dot. Thanks!

beavo451
09-12-16, 21:36
Can I hijack/add on to the thread? If the pentagon means polygonal rifling, what does an oval with "3D" in it mean?

seribralcrow
09-13-16, 09:02
Good info, thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DirectTo
09-13-16, 09:22
Can I hijack/add on to the thread? If the pentagon means polygonal rifling, what does an oval with "3D" in it mean?
It seems to have replaced the pentagon about the time they went to four letter serials. Whether it indicates a material change in the barrel or is just a new proof mark seems to be unknown.