PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 thoughts. - PLEASE POST ALL 9/11 DISCUSSIONS HERE

daddyusmaximus
09-10-16, 23:29
Tomorrow is gonna be a very hard day for me, as 2 of my 3 combat deployments have been post 9/11. As a warrior, an American, and Christian, it has changed me. It will have been 15 years since the world changed. The world DID change. The 9/11 attacks were akin to the atomic bomb in the effect they will end up having on human history. America (and the world) has been through a lot with the resurgence of islamic terror... and it is far from over. As I have said from the beginning, this will be a multi-generational conflict that may lead to (and may even last after) the third world war.

The "end times" may be next week, or a thousand years from now, but the spread of radical islamic hatred has started us down the path. The vast difference in the collision of two very different worlds has left it's mark. With the exception of love, there is no greater motivation than hatred, and our enemy has had hatred bred into them since birth with religious fanaticism. They will NEVER give up.

Love your fellow man as much as you can, but please don't allow those who hate to gain control of the world. Trust in God, and call on him, but never forget that though he will give us the strength to face our problems, he will not fix them for us. For that, he gave us free will. He will test us, and we must do the work. America must stand strong together, or we will fall, as has every other great society. We cannot allow America to fall. America just happens to be the best hope the world has for a better future. We are hurting right now as a nation, yet we are still better, more giving, and more free, than any other nation that has ever existed on the planet.

God bless the United States of America.

Averageman
09-10-16, 23:48
Fifteen years later the obvious glaring truth for me is that we should have applied a steel toed boot to the ass of the"House of Saud", and the repeated that application.

soulezoo
09-11-16, 00:26
One of those events where one can remember exactly where they were.

I spent the next day packing "a" bags knowing I was going.

Then 2 months later almost to the day, I went.

SteyrAUG
09-11-16, 00:48
It's a shame that 15 years and two Presidents later we couldn't get on the same page with Russia with respect to our mutual problem. Instead Bush called Putin out on human rights violations and then destabilized Iraq forcing us into a role of perpetual babysitter to make sure Iraqi oilfields don't fall into the hands of Iran. Obama was elected and promptly made the same mistake in Syria, creating ISIS in the process.

Imagine what could have been achieved with a joint effort. Russia had real scores they'd be willing to settle with Afghanistan and it's radical Islamic population.

I think of the lives lost on 9-11. Those on planes who now understood they would die. Those in the towers above the fire who came to realize they weren't getting out. Those who jumped because it was all that was left to them. Those who tried to retake their plane so they wouldn't cause the deaths of others.

That we are still fighting this insidious ideology is sickening and offensive. The fact that people danced in the streets and were never held accountable, the fact that the primary source of this barbaric belief is viewed as an "ally." The fact that we have made another faction a "nuclear power" in the belief that tribalism will make them a "friend."

That Iran or ISIS now control territories in Iraq that were already paid for with the blood of US servicemen.

I contrast this to what we were willing to do to everyone in Germany and Japan, regardless of their personal culpability, in the short space of 4 years and I am gravely disappointed in my government. In the lives squandered for questionable objectives, dangerously restrictive guidelines for combatants and a misguided commanding view that if we fight our enemy "fairly enough" they will respect us for it.

To that insult we add the indignity of less than adequate treatment for returning combat veterans, scandals like Walter Reed and the VA, individuals subjected to psychiatric care to the likes of Major Nadal Hassan and other failings to treat or even address combat injuries both physical and mental.

In 1945 we could meet the ghost of any victim of the Pearl Harbor attack and honestly tell them they had been avenged, I'm not sure we could say the same to the ghosts of 9-11.

Koshinn
09-11-16, 01:54
I was in highschool. My mom woke me up and told me what happened, the towers had fallen hours before most people in Hawaii wake up.

I remember telling my Mom we'd be going to war and it would be a long one. Then I went back to sleep.

Years later I joined the military and did military things.

Wake27
09-11-16, 02:15
I was in 5th grade in Iceland. We were almost done for the day and a sixth grader across the hall ran into the room and told us. I didn't know what the World Trade Center was until I recognized the towers on TV. We all went next door and watched on live tv as the second plane crashed. I'll never forget it. I walked across the street to my house. There were barricades and a HMMWV with an MG mounted just past my house. For the next several years I watched on tv as kids a few years older, and then my age, went to war. Now that I'm finally on active duty, I'm still watching. Meanwhile most in our country forget that the wars I grew up with are still ongoing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
09-11-16, 03:22
The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was a NEOCON think thank. Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, James Danforth "Dan" Quayle, John Ellis "Jeb" Bush, Steve Forbes, were board members just to name a few . . .

"The PNAC program, in a nutshell: America’s military must rule out even the possibility of a serious global or regional challenger anywhere in the world. The regime of Saddam Hussein must be toppled immediately, by U.S. force if necessary. And the entire Middle East must be reordered according to an American plan. PNAC’s most important study notes that selling this plan to the American people will likely take a long time, "absent some catastrophic catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor." (PNAC, Rebuilding America’s Defenses (1997), p.51)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUCwCgthp_E

Falar
09-11-16, 03:42
I was in basic training/Infantry OSUT and thought 9/11 was just a rumor at first (heard so many BS rumors in my horrible 31 day stint at 30th AG and even in basic) until they broke it to our whole company. The rest of basic took on a pretty different feel after that and the Drill Sergeants were right, just over 6 months after Airborne School I found myself in Afghanistan.

My only regret is that a few years later I would get hurt in Iraq, ending my time in the military in the process and I've been stuck on the sidelines just watching ever since. 15 years goes by fast. I think as a country we were stronger in those early years after 2001 and now we're getting soft again.

williejc
09-11-16, 04:21
Today's high school freshman(entering grade 9 at age 14)weren't yet born. This past year's college graduates at age 22 were 7. For so many today the event is ancient history. We're on the other side(wrong side)of soft now.

C-grunt
09-11-16, 05:05
Day before my 18th birthday and I had just enlisted (delayed enlistment) into the Army a couple months prior. I was getting ready for school and turned on the radio and Howard Stern was talking about it. I was confused. The house phone rang and my mom answered. My grandmother was freaking out that Pearl Harbor was happening again. We turned on the television just a few minutes before the second plane hit. I don't think we did anything in school for the rest of the week. Just sat and watched the tv.

_Stormin_
09-11-16, 07:16
I was at a girlfriends house. Freshman in college. I've always been a wake up early guy, and I was sitting in the living room watching the news, drinking coffee, chatting with her mom. We were talking about making some breakfast when they cut to the story. We were glued to the TV for hours. I couldn't believe what was happening, even though I could see it with my own eyes. Seeing the second plane hit, I knew war was coming. There would be no way that something like that would go unanswered. 15 years later and it seems like the time passed in the blink of an eye.

black22rifle
09-11-16, 07:24
I cant believe that it has been 15 years since 9/11 occurred. When it happened I was in 7th grade in my Pre-Algebra class and then all of a sudden our principal spoke on the intercom about how a plane had hit the World Trade Center. At the time I was 13 and I didn't even know what the World Trade Center was so I didn't even care. About an hour later he spoke on the intercom again and said that another plane had hit the world trade center. Once, again I didn't care, up until the point I got home and saw everything unfold on TV, and then everything changed. From that point on everything I knew changed.

It still hurts my heart to think about all the people who lost their lives that day. People literally lost their lives that day just living their lives. Whether they were firefighters, police, or people working in the buildings.

I have a brother who ultimately joined the military because of this event and also know a few people who also joined because of it.

Now what?

How do we cope with it? I feel like so much time has passed and we haven't even solved the problem. I was a ****ing kid when this happened and now I'm grown and this threat is still there.

I wasn't even born here, I was born in Mexico, but I was raised in America, as an American, and I consider myself one.

How have you dealt with this event over the years?

ABNAK
09-11-16, 07:29
My wife and I are flying home to TN today after a visit here in FL with family. Didn't really sink in what day our return flight was until about a week ago.

pinzgauer
09-11-16, 07:30
As sad as the twin towers was, I have to recall at the other plane and think of two words: "let's roll"

black22rifle
09-11-16, 07:36
I was in the 7th grade in middle school and in a way it still makes no sense to me.

black22rifle
09-11-16, 07:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CATKBjsuyp0

black22rifle
09-11-16, 07:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CATKBjsuyp0

graffex
09-11-16, 07:48

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I'll never forget or forgive.

Buckaroo
09-11-16, 07:51
I was dropping my 18 month old daughter at daycare. Spent the day helping kids as they/we struggled to comprehend. My wife was pregnant with our last daughter who was born the next spring. Time flies and I'm possibly more angry now than I was at the time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-11-16, 08:22
That Al-Qaeda's 'A-team' got its ass handed to it by United's Frequent Flier Program on FLT93.

cbx
09-11-16, 09:09
Freshman in college. Tech school actually. I had an apple fritter in from the culinary dept next door. Chuck came in the shop and said something is happening in new York. We all went into to lobby. Watched on the TV.

It's so strange to me how I remember everything about that day.

So many good men and women have given so much for our country. I only wished our leaders had the resolve necessary to complete the task by killing the jackals actually responsible where they lay.

09-11-16, 09:36
Meanwhile most in our country forget that the wars I grew up with are still ongoing.

Truth, unfortunately.

WillBrink
09-11-16, 09:59
Fifteen years later the obvious glaring truth for me is that we should have applied a steel toed boot to the ass of the"House of Saud", and the repeated that application.

Vs evacuate the bin Laden family from the US under FBI protection vs arrest every damn one of them and interrogate them? It's good to have friends in high places and resources we need per usual.

Honu
09-11-16, 10:28
sadly the left control of school this is Americas fault for not being open and multicultural !
I am sad to wonder what the future will be if they keep getting away with the robbery of our education system that 9/11 history will be changed and sadly the brain wash masses will buy it

we are so divided now which sadly is part of the larger goal I feel :(

BrigandTwoFour
09-11-16, 10:46
I was a senior in high school sitting in second period psychology class. I had already decided to pursue joining the Air Force the previous summer, but the events hardened that decision. I was a freshmen ROTC cadet in college when we went into Iraq, and I remember sitting in my dorm room watching the fireworks live.

The young Airmen I lead today were barely in elementary school, and have no real memory of the period between the Cold War and GWOT. The lieutenants I taught nuclear warfare to weren't even alive the last time there was real institutional emphasis on the subject (pre-1990).

At the rate that the world order is shifting as various state and non-state powers exert influence, I wonder if these young people today will look back on this period as the "good old days" when things were simpler.

BH321
09-11-16, 11:15
I was 9 years old accompanying my little sister to the orthodontist. I remember vividly my mother bursting into tears in the car as it was announced over the radio that a plane had struck the North Tower. When we finally got to the Orthodontist I remember watching live as the second plane struck the South Tower. 14 years and 9 months later I would commission as an Officer in the USAF. I don't believe I will ever forget that oddly warm Tuesday morning in September.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-11-16, 11:43
Why in the hell is the title on CNN.

Hillary Clinton's 9/11

I'm sure it was a big day for her, but why is that the headline?

And the sub ones are about her "9/11 Tapes" which are actually from 2003 and they interview a hack from The Guardian about how smart and detail oriented she is? So they can pull up this tape from 2003, but they can't find her mails.

The only mention of Trump is "Trump goes silent in interview".

I guess they got the memo about Trump closing the gap and they couldn't wait till after the 9/11 remembrance to start shilling for her. Hell, it even crowds out any 'Bush is bad' headlines....

Koshinn
09-11-16, 15:14
Didn't realize we had so many USAF officers here. 3 in this thread alone :p

CAVDOC
09-11-16, 15:44
Was a New York national guard officer. Working in the ER. Left and got packed a few days later was at ground zero for over a month. Then later Iraq and a bit after that Afghanistan. Didn't take long for the laughing stock of the military ( national guard) to become the first string in the military Super Bowl.

donlapalma
09-11-16, 15:53
I was awakened by the screams of my mom and sister. I jumped out of bed and ran down the hallway to see what was going on. They were staring at the TV - their faces painted with shock, sadness and horror. We watched another plane hit the second tower and our hearts sunk to depths never seen before. We knew this was an attack and immediately thought of our other sister who was living in New York at the time.

I'll never forget that day. I'll never forget how that moment forged us as a nation. How we came together to help each other. How we celebrated our first responders and military for their bravery and sacrifice. We were unified and stood together.

Now, there are times when I watch the news and shake my head at all the petty nonsense that divides us. For some in this country it seems as though it isn't #neverforget but rather #alreadyforgotten.

daddyusmaximus
09-11-16, 16:35
Thanks for sharing your thoughts people. 9/11 truly is a day we will all remember.

Although I did most of my time in the Army, I was out of active duty during 9/11 and a correctional officer, but in the Air guard. We were doing a home station AT. I was on the way to the base (Hulman Field in Terre Haute, 181st fighter wing) when I heard on the radio that a plane hit the WTC. The gate guards were talking about it as I came in. I went up to my Master Chief's office to tell him, and there were several people in there watching it live. Jim had a TV in his office. We saw the second plane hit live and the room went silent. I was the first to speak, and said "We're at war".

It didn't take 60 seconds for the phone to ring, base commander, get to OPS. We sent out a flight of F-16s to fly CAP over Chicago, guns only. didn't have any missiles assembled. By the time we called in more pilots and sent the second flight out, we had missiles assembled. First time American planes had flown fully armed CAP over the continental United States since WWII. That 2 week AT turned into a 6 month deployment. Went back Army, and went again, but they retired me in '09, after 28 years. The Army doesn't need cripples. That's cool, didn't want to serve under obama anyhow. Shame what he's done to us since.

Saddens me to think that this fight may well end up on our doorstep one day, but even being a retired old cripple, I can still man a checkpoint or other stationary post.

To all my brothers and sisters who served, serve now, or will serve... thank you, and God bless.

RazorBurn
09-11-16, 16:56

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I'll never forget or forgive.

It's amazing what the sheep of this country will do. I'll never forgive or forget either.

I was at work at the transmission shop I used to work at. My boss was watching TV in his office, and called me in there to watch what was happening. When the 2nd plane hit we knew it wasn't an accident, and that we were under attack. It still makes me mad how many innocent people in New York, Pennsylvania, and DC died at the hands of those animals.

Firefly
09-11-16, 17:03
I typed up some big autobiography of that day and it was depressing.

All I can tell you is that it was a sobering moment and certainly changed my outlook of the world.

We were so drunk. Everything was dot com and flip phone. People were still sorta in that metallic clothing/ 70s retro phase. Everybody got laid every night and $20 and two buds was a fortune. Spontaneity was no big deal. A week in Europe on a shoe string was no big deal. I even had a pocket knife, like one of those old timer ones. I had it since cub scouts. Nobody cared. Take yer seat.

It was after The Wall and it was a time when nobody had any real worries.

Then 9/11 happened. Then the Patriot Act and then the divisiveness started. People were actively saying "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" and "Americans are too selfish with their rights".

It still goes on. It was history and I saw it.

I saw news girls crying, buildings collapsing, and nobody knowing what the hell was happening.

Now, if they replay it...it is a Hallmark card. Sappy instrumental music. Not people jumping to avoid burning. There's no Zen there. Burn alive, choke from smoke, or go splat after 7 seconds of hangtime. That was messed up.

And now...it is 15 years later and they succeeded. Today is NOT the world I came of age in. We will never regain the freedom, privacy, nor agency we had. I know we had it because I enjoyed it. 97 cent gas, $1.50 cigarettes, and you could go anywhere, do anything.

These young adults today were brought up under The Change, the unironic post 9/11 world where everything is some white guy's fault or where capitulation is a strategy. They never got to live in a world at peace with no fingerpointing.

The Vietnam guys hold a special place in my heart. They ,and those they mentored, gave us about a decade there where nobody was worried about getting nuked, where being an American was something admirable, and where, be you grunge, goth, prep, or hip hop; you ultimately had nothing to fear. All was well. It was like Starship Troopers. God damn that movie was prescient. One day you're living the fat American dot com life and the next.....a never ending spiral.

Meh...
it is disillusioning. It was the decline of my generation's innocence. Certainly the end of an era.

I end with saying that I wish they would have rebuilt the WTC inch for inch how it was before the attack. Just out of spite.

They have the "Freedom Tower" but when I
saw NYC as a 10 year old the WTC was part of the skyline.

All we had, we shall never get back.

AKDoug
09-11-16, 17:17
Hard act to follow Fire Fly... I agree with everything you said.

I headed out the door and hopped in my truck to go to work. Stopped at the first stop sign 100 ft. from my house when the radio news announced the first plane hitting the towers. I high tailed it back to the house and watched the second plane hit. Going to work that day was surreal. I was a volunteer F.F. at the time and the news started rolling in about all the FDNY fatalities and that really hit home. We were paged for a department meeting that evening. Every man and women in the station house was ready to hop on a plane and go help, but we quickly realized that our very small department had no personnel to spare. My kids barely remember that day, but that is the way of things.

lowprone
09-11-16, 19:15
I will never forget, will never forgive.
They will never quit.
Political correctness and unenforced laws begged for this to happen,
just like it will invite the next attack.
Having watched the History Channel and NatGeo's broadcasts, I gleaned
enough to understand there were many, many clues that something was
going to happen, just like before Pearl Harbor, the parallels are staggering.
Our vaulted intelligence services failed and will fail again.
Makes you wonder !

Korgs130
09-11-16, 23:23
I was on leave, visiting my parents in Wisconsin. We were on our way to my grandparents when my sister called and told us to turn on the radio because a plane hit a building in NYC. Got to my grandparents just in time to watch the first tower fall. I called to check in with my squadron and they, like everyone else, were still trying to figure out what the hell was going on. About two hours later I got the call that my leave was cancelled and that I needed to haul ass back to Little Rock. I drove straight thru from WI to AR. We loaded our birds and were on "alpha" alert, ready to deploy and be airborne in 1 hour. We didn't get the call right away, but 6 months later I flew my first of many missions in Afghanistan.

SteyrAUG
09-12-16, 00:49
Vs evacuate the bin Laden family from the US under FBI protection vs arrest every damn one of them and interrogate them? It's good to have friends in high places and resources we need per usual.

We should bear in mind that Osama probably would have gleefully killed most of his own family who he viewed as decadent whores to the West. I doubt they actually knew his location or anything about him other than the fact that he saw them all as betrayers of Islam.

Not saying they were actually our friends or anything but Al Quida was also attacking the Saudi Royal family.

Endur
09-12-16, 11:11
I was in seventh grade at the time and I woke up for school to this horror on the news. All we could talk about for months after was killing terrorists. Six years later I was in OSUT.

chuckman
09-12-16, 11:24
We watched 102 Minutes last night on The History Channel. Although I have not forgotten, it brought up all those long-since repressed feelings, and I got mad as hell all over again. If you haven't seen it I recommend it. The video is raw and unedited.

I was in nursing school, but in the Navy Reserves at that point (attached to a FMF unit). I was largely unscathed through A-Stan, but my unit was activated/deployed for Iraq.

I will never forget. Never.

Watrdawg
09-12-16, 11:58
I was sitting in a barbers chair getting my last paid for haircut. My first thoughts were that this wasn't a mistake! When the 2nd plane hit the tower I new we were going to war. I called a couple of my buddies and could only reach one of them. He had just gotten back from Africa and had malaria. I couldn't reach the others. That next March my buddy was killed during Anaconda. My son and his son are best friends and they grew up together. Every year on 9/11 especially I think about Stan and his sacrifice. Other times when our Son's are together I think about all that he has missed. I pisses me off to no end when I see what has happened over these last 8 years and how Obama has completely put this country at risk. Everything that has been fought for and the lives that have been lost are almost a waste because of him. This past August both my Son and Stan's Son have entered college. They both are in ROTC and plan to enter into the Army as officers. I pray that when they are commissioned that if we are still at war they have a focused and determined administration supporting their mission 100%.

moonshot
09-12-16, 15:25
When the sheeple and the loony left heap praise on the spoiled celebrity millionaires who can't manage to stand for the National Anthem, this may serve as a counterpoint...

http://www.chicksontheright.com/meet-the-female-combat-pilot-who-was-prepared-to-give-her-life-on-911/

Firefly
09-12-16, 15:39
When the sheeple and the loony left heap praise on the spoiled celebrity millionaires who can't manage to stand for the National Anthem, this may serve as a counterpoint...

http://www.chicksontheright.com/meet-the-female-combat-pilot-who-was-prepared-to-give-her-life-on-911/

That's deep. It also goes back to what I said. At that time in history, we were drunk. We didn't think there was a point to having armed ready to go jet fighters.

In them days, I had a sporty car, a different girl every week, and the only real news was people still bitching about hanging chads or Bush's stance on stem cells.

And these USAF pilots were ready to do a By Dawn's Early Light style kamikaze hit on a hijacked plane.

But a bunch of dumbass football players are heroes for not standing during the pledge because "black folks be having it hard and shit".

Yep, sure do. Black president, black AG, black dude on the Supreme Court and probably a black chick to take the vacant spot, lots of states with black mayors of big cities and your black asses making millions for playing a kids game.

Maybe....stand for the pledge and then go and dump millions into bad off black neighborhoods if you care so much.

oh..riiiight. forgot. You need that money for bitches and mansions and shit.

Silly me.

HCrum87hc
09-13-16, 08:38
I was in the ninth grade at the time. Our first period was in the library doing some work on the computers when the librarians rushed in with one of those big TVs on the rolling stands. They set it up and turned it on trying to figure out exactly what was going on. We all gathered around and watched. After 5-10 minutes, we all saw the second plane hit. I think I was still a little young to fully grasp what was going on and how it would affect our country and the entire world. It sickens and enrages me that just 15 years later, we have so many "Americans" that hate our flag and our country.

Hank6046
09-13-16, 13:41
I was in the ninth grade at the time. Our first period was in the library doing some work on the computers when the librarians rushed in with one of those big TVs on the rolling stands. They set it up and turned it on trying to figure out exactly what was going on. We all gathered around and watched. After 5-10 minutes, we all saw the second plane hit. I think I was still a little young to fully grasp what was going on and how it would affect our country and the entire world. It sickens and enrages me that just 15 years later, we have so many "Americans" that hate our flag and our country.

9th Grade also, the high school was in the path of where the international flights landed, everyone was pretty quite, which is unusual for highschool kids who are mostly concerned about their own social standing. Less than 5 years later I remember standing on the yellow foot prints and thinking about what I got myself into. Those images of the planes hitting the towers would run through my head.

Digital_Damage
09-13-16, 13:52
some of these comments are making me feel old....

I was a sub contractor working on the wedge refurbishment project. We had just finished those wedges and it was getting its final inspection by Booz-Allen so I did not need to go in. Lost 24 people I personally worked with almost everyday, contractors and .mil civilian employees

So the subject mater is very touchy for me, and I'm sure I never see things from a balanced point of view. However, What happened in the NFL is monumentally disgusting to me. They could not take a single day off from their childish temper tantrum to show unity and respect, it almost makes me wish there was social injustice.

Arik
09-13-16, 13:54
Just came home from night shift at 6am. Went to bed. Cell phone kept ringing none stop. I tried to ignore it but I think after an hour of none stop ringing I finally picked up. Wasn't to happy cause i see on the caller ID it was my dad and he knows my schedule. He told me to go turn on the TV and watch. I asked which channel? Which show? He replied "it doesn't matter"! I turned the TV on and it was minutes after the 2nd plane hit

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Averageman
09-13-16, 14:06
I had retired in May from just short of 21 years of Army service. I was in the "Troops to Teachers" program and working in the Special Education Depart of our local High School.
That morning I was out of my classroom and filling in for someone else and Teaching Algebra I.
We didn't get a lot done that day. I do remember asking my students in that Algebra class how many of the were in the delayed entry program, only one young man raised his hand. I shook his hand after class and told him to get with me if he needed anything.
I changed career fields pretty quickly, got to go to Iraq for a year and I've been with this job ever since.

Whiskey_Bravo
09-14-16, 09:15
Collection of some footage from that day that I hadn't seen before. Very clear footage from fairly close. Brought back a lot of memories and emotions even after all of this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XAXmpgADfU

usmcvet
09-14-16, 10:47
Damn it I am old. My oldest was not born yet. He is a freshman this year. I was sitting on the couch polishing my boots for work watching TV. They cut into the show to report a small plane hit one of the towers, I think they said it was a Cessna. I saw the second one hit and jumped off the couch and lit the phone up calling my wife and friends telling them to turn on the TV. I remember thinking we've been attacked. I felt helpless. I wanted to help. I did not know what to do to help so I just kept going to work doing my best. I bought my first house in 1999 and one of the first things I did was to install a flag pole in my front yard. It's still the only one on the street but there were lots of flags on houses for a very long time. How quickly people forget. I have a buddy who retired from NYPD ten years ago because of brain cancer he got from working at Ground Zero. I miss the unity we had a a country. We need to get that back.

WillBrink
09-14-16, 12:00
I was sitting in my little house feeling sorry for myself as my mother had passes away 10 days before and the phone rang. I answered it and my buddy says "turn on the TV now!" I did that and we were looking at the first tower and wondering if it was an accident, etc and then I watched the second plane live go into the other tower. It was then obvious we were under attack and started seeing news of Pentagon, etc. Funny thing is, I clearly remember saying to myself "well at least you didn't live to see that ma"

Endur
09-14-16, 16:23
Anyone see the Occidental College 9/11 memorial get destroyed? Wtf over.

daddyusmaximus
09-14-16, 16:30
Saw that on facebook. I was pretty pissed. Just can't believe how so-called Americans would do this kind of crap.

Kinda makes me want to get in an overlook position on a memorial, and start my range card/sector sketch.

Averageman
09-14-16, 16:31
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/09/12/this-is-beyond-politics-vandals-destroy-911-memorial-on-the-occidental-college-campus/
After restoring the memorial, students stood guard, the club said.

“Four Occidental students came up and snapped a few flags right in our faces,” the post said. “When we confronted them, those cowards got away as fast as they possibly could.”

The group added: “We had thought the storm had passed, however, we were very wrong. This morning, students woke up to another lazy attempt at vandalism. Hundreds of flags kicked and smashed, and 50 or so back in the trash. Of course, we put them back in the ground.”

You know the "5 second rule" if you drop food on the floor, there needs to be a "5 Second Red Neck Bubba" rule where after some shit like that you have five seconds to kick someone in the nuts.

Firefly
09-14-16, 18:23
See...... FVCK double standards. These bitchasses gotta have safe spaces and safe words and vacuums and so forth. But when someone ekse does something of their own accord they gotta go in under cover of night and vandalize it to "make a statement".

Man.....if I said at times what I really wanted to say to people there would be a lot of hurt feelings because these faggots don't fight. They'd call for a grown up or put up a facebook post or whatever.

I don't really care about people in other countries and really if the Baby Jesus cries, he cries.

I live here and am really only concerned with American lives. That's my outlook.
Fck em and everyone who looks like em.
That may be bigoted. It may be harsh. But We not are the World. I don't care how they do X in Y. If I did, I'd pack my happy ass up and move there.

I got to see Europe and Asia as a young adult before the world took a shit and really didn't lose anything anywhere.

I got the internet for messed up porno anime and my drinking days are long over and really I don't care about soccer or society. My fat ass can hobble to KFC around the block and I got me guns that you can't even look at a picture of in these places.

If I ever get exiled from the US, I'll move to Belize and get a harem of dark skinneded latin chicks like John Macafee.

tl;dr I don't think I'll ever NOT hate hippies

Whiskey_Bravo
09-14-16, 19:02
Fck em and everyone who looks like em.

Twice in one week man. I will be using this one in the near future I would imagine. Thank you and I hope I have your permission.

And same here, Belize is my backup. Corruption runs rampant there but I bet I could manage.

Big A
09-14-16, 19:58
Belize is my backup. Corruption runs rampant there but I bet I could manage.

So no difference than the good ol U.S. of A then?

Whiskey_Bravo
09-15-16, 08:44
So no difference than the good ol U.S. of A then?

Well, I guess kind of. But our LEO are not corrupt normally, there is a different story.