PDA

View Full Version : kac sr16 brake

sgtmajor
09-06-08, 23:35
anyone know where ya can find one of these?

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/sgtmajor_photos/kacbrake.jpg

Derek_Connor
09-07-08, 07:21
anyone know where ya can find one of these?

They are few and far between. They are made out of CNC'd inconel which makes them extremely expensive.

They are a very effective brake though, and do their job very well. As I've been told from KAC< you cannot shoot them suppressed as much as one would like.

KAC has made a few for the who's who, and last time I heard there was some rumors of them making it in staineless steel..? But those were just rumors...

Here is another version of the brake, as less known and more rare, it comes on certain SR-25 BRs:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7819/img2234largehb1.jpg

sgtmajor
09-07-08, 09:24
that sounds about right! im not so much interested in the price in the process of having a Noveske Recon barrel dimpled like the KAC PDW for my sr-15 and i thought that this would be a great addition! i wouldn't mind getting a suppressor but i just hate the idea of going though the wait and all the paper work, not to mention the fact that i don't even have a clue where the nearest dealer is!:eek:

theJanitor
09-07-08, 16:57
i thought they were protos only. i've been asking around for one for awhile.

sgtmajor
09-07-08, 18:33
from what i gather there are a few out there but hard to get. since im building a pretty exotic rifle to begin with im not going to look at my budget until im finished hopefully that will suppress the tears

Abraxas
09-07-08, 18:38
Stupid question, but what is so special about them?

sgtmajor
09-07-08, 18:51
probably nothing! other than the fact that its a KAC made muzzle brake im sure the MSTN QC brake would serve the same propose but im going for a authentic KAC look so i figured i would try my luck at finding one of these. other than that i hear its a great brake but for the price

III
09-08-08, 06:37
The KAC MB/FH reduces recoil by 40% . There is no other MB that works this well that I know of . They are very expensive to produce. If we were to offer them they would cost over 300$ . We are working on one that will not accept a sound suppressor . We can then change the material and make them more affordable. Those that use them on a regular basis get quite spoiled. It was originally designed for the 7.62 SR-25 Battle rifle which without one can really kick a bit.

Robb Jensen
09-08-08, 07:08
The KAC MB/FH reduces recoil by 40% . There is no other MB that works this well that I know of . They are very expensive to produce. If we were to offer them they would cost over 300$ . We are working on one that will not accept a sound suppressor . We can then change the material and make them more affordable. Those that use them on a regular basis get quite spoiled. It was originally designed for the 7.62 SR-25 Battle rifle which without one can really kick a bit.

Trey you might check out this article (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=18144 )... ;)
Most MBs/comps aren't intended for fighting guns. But every comp/brake they tested reduced rearward recoil by 43% to 63%. The one I use, the F2 comp wasn't tested but it's on the upper end of the scale some where around 50-60% less recoil.

rob_s
09-08-08, 07:23
Trey you might check out this article (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=18144 )... ;)
Most MBs/comps aren't intended for fighting guns. But every comp/brake they tested reduced rearward recoil by 43% to 63%. The one I use, the F2 comp wasn't tested but it's on the upper end of the scale some where around 50-60% less recoil.

Great, ANOTHER forum that I have to register for. :p
(for those that don't know, you have to register to view the link)

sgtmajor
09-08-08, 09:11
Great, ANOTHER forum that I have to register for. :p
(for those that don't know, you have to register to view the link)

it never ends my friend................in never ends :D

sgtmajor
09-08-08, 09:13
We are working on one that will not accept a sound suppressor . We can then change the material and make them more affordable.

so if im reading this correctly the current version will accept the sound suppressor or not?

Derek_Connor
09-08-08, 12:46
The brake does work, having shot it quite a bit and been around it.

I took the picture in the very first post, that is the brake on Costa @ Magpul's SBR.

As you will see in the incoming DVDs on top of his ability to keep the gun stable, the muzzle barely rises.

And for the 2nd picture on my post, that is the brake (different port design) that is on my sr25 br, and in .308, it does VERY well, but definitely a crowd pleaser.

To answer your last question, yes it (the non-inconel design) should be able to accept a KAC QDSS Suppressor

sgtmajor
09-08-08, 13:14
I took the picture in the very first post, that is the brake on Costa @ Magpul's SBR. To answer your last question, yes it (the non-inconel design) should be able to accept a KAC QDSS Suppressor

ya i got the pic from your sale add. best one that i could find. ;) nice photography BTW

if the non-inconel design would take the suppressor i might wait for that. even though i dont see me purchasing a suppressor i hate to by things more that once :D

thanks for all the info guys