PDA

View Full Version : SLR Sentry 7 pinning problems

jrcii
09-11-16, 12:59
Hello All,

I took my SLR Sentry 7 gas block and my barrel up to Rainier Arms in Auburn, WA to get it pinned. They said they don't have a jig that will fix the Sentry 7 so they can't do it. I was pretty irritated by that honestly. What sort of gunsmith can't pin a gas block?

The BCM barrel had 1 set screw dimple in it, and a 'buddy' of mine at work said he could drill another one and we could just Rocksett the set screws in. He drilled the dimple, but it's not perfectly aligned. (My mistake for letting a jagoff drill a hole in my new barrel).

Before the drilling, I would probably have felt comfortable just screwing it in. But now, if there is less area for the second screw to grab against, I feel like I pretty much have to pin the block. I've read that ADCO has pinned Sentry blocks before, but I'd really like to find someone local to do the work.

Anyone out there in the greater Seattle area know who could do this for me?

Thanks,

JRC

GH41
09-11-16, 13:57
There's probably 10,000 people in the Seattle area that could do it but they don't work on guns everyday. If you find one willing to do it he is going to have to quit doing something he is making $100 an hour doing and will probably charge you $100. You best bet is to put it a box and ship it to someone who does it everyday.

Kenneth
09-11-16, 14:00
If Rainier couldn't do it then there was a reason why and I doubt just everyone can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GH41
09-11-16, 16:21
If Rainier couldn't do it then there was a reason why and I doubt just everyone can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They probably couldn't do it because the SLR block uses a somewhat bastard hole spacing and they didn't have the jig for it. Anyone with a mill and a vice can do it. Problem is they can't do it in 5 minutes like you can with a jig. Any reasonably qualified machinist could do but not in 5 minutes.

Rayrevolver
09-11-16, 16:21
I sent mine to ADCO, think it cost ~$70 to pin.

I have used these guys in Seattle in the past: http://carfirearms.com/index.html

TacticalMark
09-12-16, 20:38
Contact Weapon Outfitters, they are in Bellevue https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/contacts.html

n240sxfnatic
09-14-16, 02:56
FYI

Weapon Outfitters no longer does gun smithing to include pin/weld due to the most recent EO

jrcii
10-31-16, 21:54
I ended up taking it to West Coast Armory in Bellevue. The gunsmith there did a first rate job.

JRC