PDA

View Full Version : HK P30 LEM to 4.1 myself ? or Grey guns?, or lazy wolf etc.

Phillygunguy
09-11-16, 17:51
I dont know what it is. Im Liking my P30 more and more, since I bought it in 2012.
I mainly carry and shoot a glock 19, but I have been trying to ween myself off glock. I plan on keeping my glocks, However I really Like the p30
EXCEPT for the LEM trigger. I know I need to put more time in learning it, But it seems like many people I have read up on who own a P30 LEM also have problems learning the trigger.
I read about the V4.1 version which I seems to be an improvement. I am used to working on glocks but not HKs
I was thinking if I would do it myself, with proper parts and tools I might be able to have a decent trigger. I know sending to someone like grey guns or
Lazy wolf, or Bill Springfield would obviously be superior to anything I do, But I dont know if I want to spend that kind of money.
Anyone have experience with this conversion of LEM to V4.1? is it that difficult? Is it worth it ?

GJM
09-11-16, 21:18
Another option is to have HK do it. I have a P30L there now getting 4.1 parts. There are quick and very economical in their charges for labor, parts and return shipping.

donlapalma
09-11-16, 23:40
Anyone have experience with this conversion of LEM to V4.1? is it that difficult? Is it worth it ?

Yes. I am used to working on my own Glocks and was able to complete the LEM to V4.1 conversion. I bought the conversion kit from hkparts.net, did a ton of reading on the HK forums, studied parts diagrams and watched videos. The HK is way more intricate than Glocks and I got very frustrated at times. I'm good with tools and have very good dexterity but this did test my patience. In the end, I was successful but I'm not sure I would do it all over again!

If you decide to do it, you'll need to have both of your hands free so you'll want to secure your frame in a vise. Slave pins, thin needle nose pliers and dental picks were all very helpful. Watch out for the elbow spring for the hammer as that was very tricky in terms of getting it to stay in place during reassembly. You'll need to use grease in certain spots to get parts to stick together. Good luck.

Phillygunguy
09-12-16, 03:42
Thanks guys. How much of an improvement was there afterwards? Was it worth the trouble?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

montrala
09-12-16, 04:31
Doing this conversion without any special tools (with one small punch as a sole tool) requires certain amount of dexterity, but is doable. Usually most difficult part is installing trigger return spring and hammer/striker combo.

While it does nothing for improve reset (sorry for all followers of Church of The Great Reset!), it does significantly improve take-up and this makes avoiding jerking trigger much more easier on fast shooting (not only on first shot). At least this is what I noticed on my targets on IDPA and IPSC matches.

Phillygunguy
09-12-16, 05:14
Yeah I was mostly concerned about pre travel or take up which I'm glad to hear would help. The re set isn't too bad I think I could learn to feel it thank you

donlapalma
09-12-16, 09:23
While it does nothing for improve reset (sorry for all followers of Church of The Great Reset!), it does significantly improve take-up and this makes avoiding jerking trigger much more easier on fast shooting (not only on first shot). At least this is what I noticed on my targets on IDPA and IPSC matches.

Agreed on this observation. Worth it? I would say so. Plus, if you're like me, then you're motivated to do-it-yourself due to the prospect of educating yourself on the inner workings of your firearm.

w3453l
09-12-16, 20:28
I'm in the same boat as the OP. I was just wondering: is it possible to somehow get a V4.1 trigger and a shorter reset?

Thanks

Phillygunguy
09-12-16, 20:41
I just don't want to **** up a thousand dollar gun

montrala
09-14-16, 06:08
You will not, unless you will loose parts but making them flying all over the place. This all are drop-in parts, no modifications, no fitting. Just disassemble and assemble again using new parts. All you risk is your blood pressure raising while you fight with trigger reset spring unwilling to seat in its place. That is all.

Phillygunguy
09-14-16, 06:13
You will not, unless you will loose parts but making them flying all over the place. This all are drop-in parts, no modifications, no fitting. Just disassemble and assemble again using new parts. All you risk is your blood pressure raising while you fight with trigger reset spring unwilling to seat in its place. That is all.
OK I will probably buy the parts I saw the parts to order from your blog, where can I order them? and what special tools do I need?

Phillygunguy
09-14-16, 11:15
Shit, I forgot is this even legal? Or am I breaking the law with this new ITAR bullshit?

Phillygunguy
09-14-16, 12:31
OK another question if anyone has an answer, what's the difference between the V4.1 and the TLG version?

montrala
09-19-16, 06:22
You can get parts from HKParts for example or ask at HKPro. Part numbers are listed in post on V4.1 on my blog. Difference with TGL is that TGL is just juggling with springs and V4.1 reduces mechanical trigger travel.

Phillygunguy
09-19-16, 06:53
You can get parts from HKParts for example or ask at HKPro. Part numbers are listed in post on V4.1 on my blog. Difference with TGL is that TGL is just juggling with springs and V4.1 reduces mechanical trigger travel.
Thanks I actually just got the parts from HK parts

ralph
09-19-16, 09:04

Does this version of a LEM work on a HK45/45c?

Phillygunguy
09-19-16, 13:48
My next question is obviously how to do the actual conversion? I read on HKPRO an article by twosixty who shows how to do it but it includes numerous versions and is a little confusing

WickedWillis
09-19-16, 17:13
The only thing I can't stand on my P30L is the overly long reset. If I could fix that myself I would in a heartbeat.

VaeVictis
09-19-16, 17:36
The only thing I can't stand on my P30L is the overly long reset. If I could fix that myself I would in a heartbeat.

I completely agree. The initial travel, while lengthy, doesn't really bother me. However I've found that the extremely long reset definitely effects my split times. I had considered paying the money to send it to Gray Guns for their trigger job but ultimately decided to invest that money in a M&P with Apex trigger instead. The reset on the P30 is longer than the M&P's total travel.

WickedWillis
09-19-16, 17:38
I completely agree. The initial travel, while lengthy, doesn't really bother me. However I've found that the extremely long reset definitely effects my split times. I had considered paying the money to send it to Gray Guns for their trigger job but ultimately decided to invest that money in a M&P with Apex trigger instead. The reset on the P30 is longer than the M&P's total travel.

Yeah I am super comfy and spoiled with the Glock reset, and the Sig SRT. I have a very hard time justifying $300+ just to fix that deal. I also agree though, my splits are slower with the P30.

montrala
09-20-16, 04:42
Does this version of a LEM work on a HK45/45c?

No. This version is only for P2000 and P30 series.

ralph
09-20-16, 08:16
No. This version is only for P2000 and P30 series.

Bummer...