PDA

View Full Version : America's first serial killers

ABNAK
09-12-16, 11:51
Ever hear of these guys, the Harpe brothers? My wife watches these damned murder shows on ID Channel (what is it with chicks and that channel?). I heard it in the background as I was online and looked it up. Pieces of shit from the late 1700's. Unbelievably brutal, even by today's standards. The older one killed his infant daughter by bashing her head against a tree because she was crying! He got his in the end though as the husband/father of two of his victims s-l-o-w-l-y sawed his head off after he was wounded and knocked off his horse.

Unreal.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-harpes.html

Averageman
09-12-16, 12:17
Thanks that was interesting.

Singlestack Wonder
09-12-16, 14:02
The manson crew had nothing on the harpes....

ABNAK
09-12-16, 15:46
Apparently dismemberment and mutilation were their hallmark. They were classified as serial killers because there was no evidence of their murders being committed primarily for financial gain, i.e robbery. Sure, they robbed but it was a "blood lust" that drove those sick bastards. That one gang they hung out with in KY was pretty rude and crude also but kicked the Harpes out because even that gang couldn't tolerate their brutality. Wiki has a pretty good read on them too.

Outlander Systems
09-12-16, 18:37
http://politicsinformation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Bill-Hillary.jpg

Averageman
09-12-16, 19:24
Well I finished about four articles on these two.
Again, thanks for posting that ABNAK.

ABNAK
09-12-16, 20:54
Well I finished about four articles on these two.
Again, thanks for posting that ABNAK.

Have never heard of them before, have you?

In today's LE world the "posse" would have caught up with them waaayyy before the one of the 1790's. That alone would have stopped at least a few of the killings. The sheer brutality and sadistic nature of these jackasses is epic (unfortunately). The seemingly worse of the two, the older one Micajah, suffered at the end like I think ALL cold-blooded murderers should.

Averageman
09-12-16, 22:14
I hadn't heard of them and that's kind of odd because my family is from that area.

Moose-Knuckle
09-13-16, 03:47
My wife watches these damned murder shows on ID Channel (what is it with chicks and that channel?).

I think they watch those shows and take notes plotting our demise (sort of serious).

Unbelievably brutal, even by today's standards. The older one killed his infant daughter by bashing her head against a tree because she was crying!

This sort of thing is common, sadly.

Just over the last month I have read articles across the country where a man punched his infant daughter to death in her chest and head because her adorable baby cooing was bothering him. Another man grabbed his 15 month old son by his ankles and proceeded to smash his little soft skull into the concrete sidewalk until he was dead. In another case a man literally raped his girlfriend's infant son to death while she was at work.

I could go on but this is dark shit and it's late.

Moral of the story is evil is among us, it always has been, and it always will be.