PDA

View Full Version : mosque where Pulse nightclub killer prayed set fire

WillBrink
09-12-16, 12:14
This happened right in my AO. Saw the fire trucks and such. I really surprised that type of thing has not happened more often and it shows the American people very tolerant for the most part. A backlash to what's coming out of many mosques around the world would make them an obvious target for (perceived) retribution:

Fire at Fort Pierce mosque where Pulse nightclub killer prayed 'intentionally set,' investigators say

A fire that broke out early Monday at the Fort Pierce mosque where Orlando massacre shooter Omar Mateen prayed and worshipped is considered arson, according to investigators.

"Evidence has revealed that this fire was set intentionally," St. Lucie County Sheriff's Major David Thompson told reporters.

A 911 call about 12:30 a.m. alerted authorities that flames were coming out of Islamic Center of Fort Pierce, 1104 W. Midway Road.

There were no injuries reported and the extent of the damage has not yet been determined.

Cont:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-omar-mateen-mosque-fire-20160912-story.html

Averageman
09-12-16, 12:23
I saw that this morning on the News.
I am not a big fan of burning places of worship, but you have to go back and look at who has been there and what has been said there, then ask yourself "Was it only a Matter of Time?"
As you enter the melting pot here, you adapt, if you don't and you decide violence is your preferred method, it is likely to cause a fire.

The_War_Wagon
09-12-16, 12:45
I have NOT trusted mohammedans since Nov.4, 1979. So my reaction will ALWAYS be... "shucks"...

Eurodriver
09-12-16, 12:48
In before the "I do not condone this type of behavior. We need to take the high ground" types.

You know, the same guys in other threads who preach that we need to do something.

ramairthree
09-12-16, 12:51
Interesting.

How will the left handle an insurgency of gays,
Who otherwise can do not wrong,
Shooting and killing their prized Muslims,
Who despite their treatment of women, gays, little boys, etc. are their darlings.

Averageman
09-12-16, 13:05
Interesting.

How will the left handle an insurgency of gays,
Who otherwise can do not wrong,
Shooting and killing their prized Muslims,
Who despite their treatment of women, gays, little boys, etc. are their darlings.

Ironical aint it?
I can see a segment of the Gay Population slowly moving right, if the right will let them.

Falar
09-12-16, 13:17
In before the "I do not condone this type of behavior. We need to take the high ground" types.

You know, the same guys in other threads who preach that we need to do something.

I've been banned from other sites for speaking my mind on the RoP so I have to tread lightly these days.

I will say that I'm not surprised this happened when you look at who's been through there. Hopefully people are waking up.

cbx
09-12-16, 13:38
Was just a matter of time.

glocktogo
09-12-16, 14:07
I'd file this one under "Don't start nothin... won't be nothin..."

SteyrAUG
09-12-16, 14:24
Notice whoever did it waited until the building was empty.

If this was a Christian Identity church everybody would be good to go.

Mr. Goodtimes
09-12-16, 14:31
Never mind

Averageman
09-12-16, 14:44
Notice whoever did it waited until the building was empty.

If this was a Christian Identity church everybody would be good to go.

I certainly doubt the DOJ would show any interest if it were.
Hate is hate, no matter who is preaching it. When you start preaching hate, then you should expect someone who has taken the brunt of that hate to go and burn down the physical center of where that hate is coming from.

If it were someone calling themselves Christian, but wearing Klan robes and espousing the killing of a minority group, no one would be crying that they got some arson dropped in on them.

Firefly
09-12-16, 15:12
Hard choices ahead.

Whether you agree with homos or not...they typically don't bother anyone aside from the whole "out and proud" thing which I personally tune out. If being with another dude makes you happy, have at it just dont be all in my face or expect an award. Lots of dudes crush VJ like everyday and I don't give them awards either, just to be fair.

But radicalized,Quran thumping Islam does incite a lot of violence because it is either convert or die. And being queer calls for death and apparently being tossed off a roof is the preferred method.

So you have two "protected species" that simply cannot co-exist because 'but muh huly buuk' says they gotta die. So who will the Hippies/Liberals pick?

And yes, there HAS been an uptick in gay conservatism and gun ownership. Which is good. What we DON'T need is the 700 Club/Christian Taliban shooing them away.

They ain't bothering me and if some dude thinks I'm damn fine, I am flattered. Just know I don't go that way and I probably won't see you at Pride.

But some dude screeching Allah Akbar and shooting at me or anyone else does bother me and there just is no place for that where I live.

glocktogo
09-12-16, 15:44
Hard choices ahead.

Whether you agree with homos or not...they typically don't bother anyone aside from the whole "out and proud" thing which I personally tune out. If being with another dude makes you happy, have at it just dont be all in my face or expect an award. Lots of dudes crush VJ like everyday and I don't give them awards either, just to be fair.

But radicalized,Quran thumping Islam does incite a lot of violence because it is either convert or die. And being queer calls for death and apparently being tossed off a roof is the preferred method.

So you have two "protected species" that simply cannot co-exist because 'but muh huly buuk' says they gotta die. So who will the Hippies/Liberals pick?

And yes, there HAS been an uptick in gay conservatism and gun ownership. Which is good. What we DON'T need is the 700 Club/Christian Taliban shooing them away.

They ain't bothering me and if some dude thinks I'm damn fine, I am flattered. Just know I don't go that way and I probably won't see you at Pride.

But some dude screeching Allah Akbar and shooting at me or anyone else does bother me and there just is no place for that where I live.

Amen!

_Stormin_
09-12-16, 19:27
Many of the gay people I know have moved to the right more and more over the past ten years. Since college it has been a slow but steady shift as people begin to make more money, hate being over taxed and over regulated, then really hate watching their tax dollar go as foreign aid to countries with leadership that would execute them at the drop of a hat. Most of them have firearms as well. Why wouldn't a group, being openly targeted for who they are, want a force multiplier to level the playing field against any potential attacker? The anti-gay element of the far right is the only thing that continually shifts that perception back, and I think that is waning.

You want to love another dude/woman? Whatever...

You want to shoot up a bar because your religion teaches that you shouldn't like the people above? There's a severe issue with that...

Reminds me of the old Ron White bit where he talks about degrees of crazy? You eat crayons and roll your poop into balls? OK. You kill productive members of society? Sorry chief, you gotta go.

Averageman
09-12-16, 19:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k
Well it was a guy on a Harley dressed in dark clothes wearing a funny hat.
I'm guessing second guy from the right in the opening shot here.

And that's why I'm one of those damned deplorable's.

Linebacker
09-12-16, 19:50
The other Mosque that Omar frequented in Ft Pierce, FL was set ablaze a few hours ago.

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-st-lucie-county/fort-pierce/fire-set-at-fort-pierce-mosque-on-start-of-holy-eid-al-adha-holiday

Firefly
09-12-16, 20:15
I think my innocence truly died when I discovered that the "Biker" wasn't really a Biker. Like seriously, I was well into adulthood when it dawned on me.

cbx
09-12-16, 20:43
Well, maybe that'll slow their roll a bit.

Wouldn't that be something if this escalates into all out war between the LGBT community and the mooselimbs.....

They could call themselves H.A.R.M......lol

Moose-Knuckle
09-13-16, 03:34
Meh . . .

Let me know when bodies are being stacked and bones are bleaching in the sun.

I'm sure that Barry's DoJ has HRT and the Civil Rights Division on standby to Vicki Weaver the purp(s).

Moose-Knuckle
09-13-16, 03:37
I think my innocence truly died when I discovered that the "Biker" wasn't really a Biker. Like seriously, I was well into adulthood when it dawned on me.

South Park's Mr. Garrison's umm "friend" Mr. Slave tuned the rest of folks in on that one. I guess none of them were Freddie Mercury fans.