PDA

View Full Version : Glock and Jager Lightened FP for steel case (long-term)?

rdm
09-13-16, 05:33
Hey guys,

Really simple question,

Has anyone setup a Glock to shoot just steel cased ammunition over a really long period of time?

This seems relatively simple,but I've found with a stock G19 or G17 Gen4 you'll have light primer strikes as the FP channel gets dirtier.

In theory I think the dirty FP channel reduces FP force applied to the primer.

If we were to increase the force applied, that would potentially allow it to work longer in said condition.

Has anyone else tried to remedy this using a Jager lightened striker and a 4.5lb striker spring?

Obviously, I could clean my gun or just shoot more expensive ammo. However I'm too cheap and busy to do either.

I have no interest in reloading anymore either.

I'm at 200 rounds using this setup and intend to continue for 2000 to see how it progresses.

Mind you this setup is for training, and not carry or HD.

Thanks for your input, and any feedback is appreciated.

jhr1986
09-13-16, 05:56
A striker of lower mass propelled by a striker spring of lower rate will not increase the force applied to the primer. I have the same setup in my 3 gun pistol and only use the softest (federal) primers and change the spring regularly (5000 rnds) to ensure reliability.

Not sure if your setup will work but it certainly won't increase force applied to the primer.