PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Scope Covers any good on an Aimpoint M4s???

Street Survival
09-07-08, 10:30
Hey Guys,

Do any of you AR/M16 shooters utilize Butler Creek's, Blizzard Scope Covers on your Aimpoint M4s???

If so, do you like them or am I better off getting the regular black Aimpoint, flip open scope covers. Thanks for your help.

Fraternally yours

Jimmy Ward

BC520
09-07-08, 12:25
I don't believe you will find a front one that will be the correct size. I once tried the route of a Butler Creek cap for a surplus M68 I was issued for work. It didn't have caps, so I took it to my local gunshop and used the chart for the correct size flip cap. Well, they will be the correct diameter, but not the correct length and will be too long. I believe Aimpoint is the only place you are able to get flip caps for their optics.

My opinion is I wouldn't worry about the blizzard ones. Even if the front cover of a regular cap is closed, your binocular vision will superimpose the dot on the target until you can get it opened up.

1022rimfire
09-07-08, 14:10
You can order a cover with a clear window from Grant for Aimpoints. I placed my order last week and can post impressions when it arrives. A solid black cover will still be functional, as noted above as it will function like an Occluded Eye Gunsight.

I also ordered a Scopecoat neoprene cover for my T-1, and look forward to having a cover that protects the entire exterior while transporting it to the range.

Tomac
09-07-08, 14:47
I've got the Aimpoint transparents on one of my CompM4's. The rear is great but the front does slightly restrict your FOV through the M4 when closed. However, you do have to be careful how you orient the direction of opening otherwise they can impact mount screws, W/E adjustment caps, etc and get scratched (no big deal on the solid black caps but very noticeable on the transparents).
HTH...
Tomac

Street Survival
09-07-08, 18:25
Thanks Guys for the heads up. Where did you get the black Aimpoint Scope Flip Open Covers?

1022rimfire
09-08-08, 00:46
Grant or Midway has them on their webistes. I've read that the Aimpoint covers are pretty sturdy.